Main Menu

D.I.C.E. 2014

Started by Link Prime, 19 June, 2014, 01:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenArcade

Have a wedding on the Friday but should make it for Sat pm, where are we meeting for beers? Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

maryanddavid

I don't think I will make it for the weekend, ended up working Saturday so maybe Sunday. I didn't book a table, I have two more collections due, but I don't think I will have them out in time, I didn't want to take the chance of have nothing on a table!
So Sunday lightly pencilled in.

Link Prime

Gav & Zen- nice one.
David- shame about the table, but at least you could be making an appearance on Sunday.

I had thought about arranging a social gathering in a pub alright (especially since Zen has made such a success of it up North), so yeah- why not?
I'd really like to suggest The Harbour Bar, 15 minutes done the road in Bray (one of the best boozers in the world IMHO), but taxis would be required for that.
We could stay local in Dundrum- Ryan's in the village is probably the best of the bunch- I had a pint there with Pat Mills once!

Open to suggestions....and participants.

ZenArcade

Judge Russell, myself and the rest of the.northern squaxx will discuss on Thursday night at the B2KADDG....hmm like the sound of that it feels futuristic, groovy yet manly at the same time!  Z  :-\

Gavin_Leahy_Block

It looks like they have "the Candlelight Bar" in Dundrum organised from 8PM onwards, so most of the guests will probably be there. Not sure what it's like, but it dose look quite fancy.

Also the 2000ad Panel is on at 12 on Sunday with Molcher, Langley, Carroll, Holden and Parr

maryanddavid

That has made the Sunday more appealing! Who intends on being there on Sunday?

Link Prime

Quote from: Gavin_Leahy_Block on 16 September, 2014, 11:28:12 PM
It looks like they have "the Candlelight Bar" in Dundrum organised from 8PM onwards

Really? Ugh.
Grand for a quiet pre / post meal drink with a dinner guest, but as a post-convention venue?
Bit of a bizarre choice by Big Bang there.
I'll throw a bid in for Ryan's accross the road; https://www.facebook.com/dundrumhse

Maybe after 9pm? We'll see who we can drag over for a few (admittedly decent) pints of The Black Stuff in preference of Mojitos, mirrors and posing.

PS- I'll be there on the Sunday too, David.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

That sounds a lot better to me anyway and I'll be there for most of the Sunday.

pauljholden

Tharg has kindly given me permission to do a short print run (25) of a Dredd / Anderson piece I did - so I'll have that at the convention if you're interested!

Only available at the con, I'm afraid...

Gavin_Leahy_Block

I'll definitely be picking one of these up

COMMANDO FORCES

Looks pretty damn good. Hope it sells out fast but not before Gavin gets his one!

Richmond Clements

I was hoping to head down for the Saturday, but cannot make it now! bah!

ZenArcade

Me a friend and his wee lassie are heading down on Sunday. Keen to meet with my fellow squaxx. Z

pauljholden

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 24 September, 2014, 09:09:14 AM
I was hoping to head down for the Saturday, but cannot make it now! bah!

I'd love to see a futurequake presence at this show one year!

-pj

Proudhuff

We should really try for a full board meet up at the next one!
DDT did a job on me