Main Menu

Small Press Suggestions

Started by Barrington Boots, 12 April, 2021, 09:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveycandlish

IT'S SMALL PRESS DAY!

Celebrate the best of the small press; buy a copy of PARAGONcomic and get a free back issue plus repro reprint of issue one!
Many professionals started in the small press. The likes of PJ Holden, Garen Ewing, Phil Elliott, Tom Newell, Jim Campbell, Neill Cameron, Shaky Kane and others have all graced the pages of PARAGON over the years.
Who will be the next rising star?
Buy a copy of this 32 page, A4, action adventure anthology and discover the next great work!

http://paragoncomic.blogspot.com/2022/07/paragon-31-available-now.html

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Colin YNWA

Well Switchblade Stories 5 has landed today and been read already and it remains superb. My one complaint is this one ends a little abruptly and on quite the cliffhanger, so we're left dangling until Chris has the next one in the can and we get the next Kickstarter.

Its a brilliant series with alongside the Special there are 6 issues to get your teeth into all available from Chris' Etsy Store. If you want to try before you buy no one has claimed my copies of issues 1 + 2 and if anyone wants them I reckon I can dig them out still.

OR look out for him on Kickstarter as each one to date has offered all the issues to date and hopefully the next will. As well as lots of other lovely stuff - I got a page of art again at an insanely good price!

So yeah if you haven't grab some Switchblade Stories, you won't regret it.

Daveycandlish

I know I bang on about this one a lot but that's because not enough of you read it!
Honestly, it's a belter. And so many small press legends have passed through the pages with many going onto be professional. The latest Kickstarter has only days left to run and this one is a good jumping on point for new readers with  two complete stories and part one of a new adventure for Captain Bulldog.
It's worth £3 of your groats!
CLICK HERE TO BACK THE KICKSTARTER
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!