Main Menu

Slaine - new Warlord miniatures game!

Started by Dark Jimbo, 09 February, 2022, 08:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Leigh S

The Skull Swords are my favourites - when you think about all the great designs they have to work with

Top of my wants list:

Diluvials
Battle Orgots
The Guledig
Sluagh (need to recreate the Tomb of Terror!)
Shoggey Beasts....

sheridan

Quote from: Leigh S on 09 February, 2022, 09:54:43 PM
The Skull Swords are my favourites - when you think about all the great designs they have to work with

Top of my wants list:

Easy one - get some black paper, cut out, job done.

Trooper McFad

I have loved & bought their minis for Strontium & Dredd and the Slaine ones look the same high standard. However pennies are tight and the "Slaine" world is not my favourite world from tooth so I will push them to the side until I'm flush or they go on sale.

Though if it was a Rogue or ABC world I would have broke my piggy bank and splashed the cash. 😁
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

The Bissler

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 10 February, 2022, 10:28:18 AM
I have loved & bought their minis for Strontium & Dredd and the Slaine ones look the same high standard. However pennies are tight and the "Slaine" world is not my favourite world from tooth so I will push them to the side until I'm flush or they go on sale.

Though if it was a Rogue or ABC world I would have broke my piggy bank and splashed the cash. 😁

I must admit that I'm really tempted by Slaine (and intrigued by the rules changes to the system used in SD & JD), but at the same time, I'd need to get 32mm fantasy scenery which I just don't have the room for so, unfortunately, I'm probably going to watch this one from the sidelines!

ABC Warriors would be cool - and it would be great for that game to be bolstered by Nemesis, Purity, Torquemada and Terminators...I'm probably getting a bit greedy though!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Leigh S on 09 February, 2022, 09:54:43 PM

Top of my wants list:

Diluvials
Battle Orgots
The Guledig
Shoggey Beasts....

All good adds. Would love to see Books of Invasion get some love, too - Moloch, Odacon, the great Golamh, the Black Pyramid, Gael, Scota, Atlanteans...
@jamesfeistdraws

I, Cosh

Not sure I'll go for this. Spent quite a bit on the Dredd and Stront ones. They're all lovely figures but I haven't even undercoated them.

I know the game designer was waxing lyrical about his love for Slaine. Me too, but a lot of the characters are just generic fantasy so there's not the same visual appeal. Sorry guys.
We never really die.

Leigh S

I had the reverse reaction - other than the Celty barbarians (and arguably the Fomorians), the rest of the minis are quite unique to the setting, and further into Slaine we get a it of "non trad" foes like the Sythrons, Guledig, Diluvials, Orgots - even the dragon is a unique take design wise

I, Cosh

Quote from: Leigh S on 12 February, 2022, 10:11:37 PM
even the dragon is a unique take design wise
Aye, fair point. Not sure how feasible a Belardinelli warp-spasm Slaine sculpt would be...
We never really die.

Barrington Boots

The Drunes especially look to be nice models: very dynamic. The various heroes look quite good, but where the pose has been drawn directly from the comic art they do look a bit static.
Does anyone know the size on these - are they 25mm, 32mm etc? I'm unlikely to pick up the game, but I could slot the models neatly into other games I'm playing, if they're not too small.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

The Bissler

Andy Chambers Talks Slaine

After last year's conversation about how he, Gav and Roger designed Warlord's Strontium Dog and Judge Dredd Miniatures Games, Andy Chambers was kind enough to return to talk to me about Slaine!

https://youtu.be/-cb17dAO7Kc

The podcast is also on Google Podcasts, Apple Podcasts and Spotify but though the files have been uploaded, there's usually a lag before they become available.

sheridan

The Bissler

Quote from: sheridan on 22 April, 2022, 04:43:12 PM
Great podcast!

Thanks so much for listening, it's much appreciated Sheridan!

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 10 February, 2022, 10:28:18 AMI have loved & bought their minis for Strontium & Dredd and the Slaine ones look the same high standard. However pennies are tight and the "Slaine" world is not my favourite world from tooth so I will push them to the side until I'm flush or they go on sale.

Guess what's in the latest email shot from Warlord Games

ABC Warriors 🥳🥳🥳

Don't know when it's due out no but this is definitely one to save the pennies for 😁😁😁
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!