Main Menu

Current TV Boxset Addiction

Started by radiator, 20 November, 2012, 02:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Hard pass on THE SANDMAN for me. First episode was a long, 50 minute boiling pot of Gaimanisms that when taken in as a 22 page comic strip can be tolerable spills over into an orgy of smug back patting.

Very much not my thing.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Black Bird on apple TV just wrapped up.

I kept getting Taron Egerton mixed up with current Spider-Man, but the real star of this show is yer man who plays Larry. A real despicable skin-crawling creepy performance. Makes every other on-screen incel look charming. "His whole vibe makes me itchy"
You may quote me on that.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 06 August, 2022, 11:18:36 PM
Hard pass on THE SANDMAN for me...an orgy of smug back patting.

Very much not my thing.

Shame you didn't enjoy it. I very much did; I don't watch spooky ghosty shows normally so this all seemed quite fresh to me. Quite looking forward to much more.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

moly

Just finished sandman, thought it was one of the most enjoyable series that Netflix have done, and special mention to episode 6

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Mister Pops on 06 August, 2022, 11:26:01 PM

Black Bird

Thanks for putting me on to this. A really good little show - and quite moving to see Ray Liotta one last time.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

RookieNerd

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 21 November, 2012, 07:48:33 AM
Is Breaking Bad the one about a chemistry teacher who makes drugs?

Not really into crime drama, but that show was/is EPIC.

The Legendary Shark

Just started season three of For all Mankind. This is one of my favourite shows of modern times (stemming from the premise "what if the U.S.S.R. got to the Moon first?"). If you haven't seen it, have a go!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 12 August, 2022, 06:46:15 PM

Just started season three of For all Mankind.

And now I've finished it. Tip top telly!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Timothy

Quote from: moly on 08 August, 2022, 08:25:03 PM
Just finished sandman, thought it was one of the most enjoyable series that Netflix have done, and special mention to episode 6

Episode 6 was just sublime.

Hawkmumbler

BETTER CALL SAUL

Binged the entirety in a few weeks ahead of the finale, kind of incredible it grew to complete eclipse Breaking Bad in scope and nuance to the point BB now just feels like the weird in universe side quest to BCS.
Top telly.

Colin YNWA

Watched a show on Netflix called Alice in Borderland based on a manga of the same name. While it had some 'Oh commmme oonnnn really...' moments it was a pretty good 'page turner' with great characters. I think they are churning out more and look forward to seeing that when it lands...

... now this is made all the more important as it now means that girl child* is able to recommend shows to me that I will like... their getting big!

*who I will note hasn't stuck to the deal I'd try Alice in Borderland if she tried Paper Girls (i think she'll love it) - so she might make good recommendations but is full of dishonour and shame...

Hawkmumbler

2022 can't get any weirder than seeing Colin praise anything manga/anime adjacent.

Are we in the dark timeline?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 17 August, 2022, 05:42:34 PM
2022 can't get any weirder than seeing Colin praise anything manga/anime adjacent.

Are we in the dark timeline?

To be fair I'm not anti Manga I love a number of the classic, Barefoot Jen, Onward to Our Noble Death etc just don't got on with all of it and bizzarely struggled with Shogun Jump which was (is?) insanely good value and I won't to love more. Just don't have time to expose myself to enough to find the bits I'd like.

My daughter has made it her life's aim to change this, though some show about Volley Ball bounced off me!

Hawkmumbler

Middle aged dads watching Haikyuu!, we truly are in the dark timeline.

(I actually really like Haikyuu! so this is a plus.)

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me