2000 AD > General

10 Greatest Judge Dredd Comics Of All Time?

(1/11) > >>

rogue69:
CBR.com have a article on "10 Greatest Judge Dredd Comics Of All Time" I think there may be some disagreement with their choices

https://www.cbr.com/judge-dredd-best-comics/

JWare:

--- Quote from: rogue69 on 14 November, 2022, 08:14:28 PM --- I think there may be some disagreement with their choices

--- End quote ---
I'm taking cover.
Let me know when they sound the All Clear.

Colin YNWA:
I mean... err... see you could say.... I mean its US focused.... and ... well you never agree with these things... but the.... and... errr

Wow, just wow... that's a ... thing... I ... its a thing...

IndigoPrime:
Such a good article, it didn’t even make CBR’s Twitter feed. And, well, OH MY.

So, let’s have a look then. (I’ll stick a wodge of spoiler text here, and then I assume we can just carry on talking about this, without worrying about the surprise.

10. DC Dredd: Er. I don’t know what to say about this, other than… er. I mean Legends of the Law was better than the other series, but it wasn’t good. I’m still a bit baffled Rebellion’s reprinting it, TBH.

9. Trinity: Objectively great. But as much as I love Niemand’s Dredd, this isn’t top ten fodder.

8. Cold Wars: In the list because it took Dredd out of his comfort zone and had him confront his own history. Like that’s unusual. He does that all the damn time. The story was… fine.

7. Guatemala: A very solid modern Dredd. Top ten? Nope.

6. Small House: I really liked this, but it stretched suspension of disbelief way beyond breaking point. And there are some leaps of logic at the end. Williams does really fun ‘Dredd as blockbuster’ scripts, but is this one top-ten material? I doubt it.

5. Apocalypse War: DING DING DING. We have a winner. Finally.

4. Predator vs Judge Dredd: I don’t even. I can only imagine the writer hasn’t read this – or has no taste.

3. The Ultimate Riddle: The ultimate let-down. The first Batman crossover was a visual spectacle with a plot as thin as a wafer. By the time we got to the last one, it all felt a bit tired. This isn’t bad, but it’s barely top three Batman crossovers, let alone top-ten all Dredd.

2. The Final Judgement: Yep. Congrats. Bring in the Dredd strips – which were mostly very good – and include the most divisive one of the lot. Fantastic.

Still. There’s one slot left. A shot at redemption. America? Tour of Duty? The Pit? Or perhaps one of the cracking small stories, like Bury my Heart?

1. Duane Swierczynski's IDW Run Is The Perfect Gateway Into Dredd

AARRGHHHHHHH

Colin YNWA:

--- Quote from: IndigoPrime on 14 November, 2022, 08:32:23 PM ---
9. Trinity: Objectively great. But as much as I love Niemand’s Dredd, this isn’t top ten fodder.

--- End quote ---

Its not even top ten Niemand Dredd!

Sorry for messing with the spoiler tags but it'd just be spoiler quoting spoiler without a little something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version