2000 AD > General

Going Digital - iPad versus Macbook

(1/3) > >>

Magnetica:
Just looking for some advice. I am going to go to an all digital subscription from January.

What is the best comic reader to use on MacBook?

I don’t have enough storage on my iPad, so am assuming I am going to have to manage where files are stored between a MacBook and iPad. How easy is it to do this?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Jim_Campbell:

--- Quote from: Magnetica on 19 November, 2022, 03:28:41 PM ---I don’t have enough storage on my iPad, so am assuming I am going to have to manage where files are stored between a MacBook and iPad. How easy is it to do this?

--- End quote ---

I download my digital Prog/Megs on my MBP and then drop the PDFs of my Prog/Meg into a folder in the iCloud section of the Finder set up for Chunky (my comic reader of choice on the iPad Pro). The files 'live' on my MBP and in 'the Cloud', and Chunky should download the files as you want to read them, I think… can't speak to other reader apps, and IndigoPrime will almost certainly know more about this.

IndigoPrime:
That’s pretty much what I’d recommend. My situation is slightly different. We have a router that makes it absurdly simple to turn any HDD/SSD into a sort-of NAS (as in, you literally have to plug it into the router – we have a 2TB HDD right now). So my comics live on our network, and I can access them from Chunky on iPad or Finder (or Transmit) on Mac. But iCloud works too, assuming you’ve space on your account.

On iPad, despite Chunky having now seemingly been abandoned (although it still works), it remains by far the best comics reader on the platform. On Mac, I favour Simple Reader, which is fast and simple for reading individual issues.

Mister Pops:
It's bad luck to say m*cb00k, you should refer to it as the Scottish laptop.

Magnetica:
A sad day. I’ve just cancelled my physical subscription to the Prog and Meg. Digital subscription here I come.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version