Main Menu

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Boom

Quote from: Funt Solo on 16 April, 2021, 11:32:29 PM
The Netflix user interface is just such bullshit.
This is closer to the feelings I've been having of late.

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: Dandontdare on 16 April, 2021, 10:14:56 PM
Sorry for your hassle doc - but remember people are often working under a shitty system so vent where appropriate, but take care not to take it out on some poor sod in the middle who isn't at fault (speaking as a customer service person  :)). And no, medication should never be issued automatically. Can't speak for the competence of your particular pharmacist, but the whole point is that a skilled human is doing it rather than a note in a computer file.

what's got me pissed off is the way that popular websites just insult our intelligence and talk to us like morons. And we just accept it. We know how to navigate their bullshit, so we just get on with it, but fuck you Netflix.

I just finished a re-watch of series 1 of Jessica Jones. Now I know that Netflix is going to throw the whole rest of that franchise at me in suggestions, I accept that, and it's helpful to some extent. So why do they shittily have to lie about it? Luke Cage is not the second "Most Popular on Netflix" and Daredevil is not "Trending Now".

And what do they suggest "Because you watched Marvel's Jessica Jones"? Defenders? Iron Fist? Any other Marvel/DC property? .
V wars
Warrior Nun
Kiss me First
Mortel

I mean what?

I haven't vented at them. I stay polite. But I know that they lie and I can't prove it. Last month we waited over TWO WEEKS for mothers monthly blood pressure tablets. Something that she needs to take every day... three emails ...and six phone call it took for them to finally arrive. It is NOT good enough. And the situation is only going to get worse with my mothers deteriorating health. 

Link Prime

Quote from: sheridan on 16 April, 2021, 07:09:10 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 18 March, 2021, 04:44:52 PM
Is it possible to damage a fingernail and tooth with the same un-shelled pistachio nut?

Can confirm.

If I've damaged a body part on a pistachio I tend to throw that pistachio back.  Plenty more nuts in the sea.

A Sarlacc Pit demise was the best I could offer the little fucker.

milstar

I currently play RE Revelations and one thing i intensely dislike when it's done in video games. 3D map system (Batman Arkham Origins blackgate, Splinter Cell). The worst and most complicated way for navigating, first to figure where you are, then where your is your objective.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 19 April, 2021, 04:47:20 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 16 April, 2021, 10:14:56 PM

Warrior Nun

I enjoyed this. With the caveat that I binge drinked (that's my newly created combo of binge watching and drinking) it with two bottles of red wine.
Lock up your spoons!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 16 April, 2021, 03:36:43 PM

AAAAgggghhhh my bloody stupid and incompetent  Doctors surgery and chemists.... both giving me the run around AGAIN. Seems that every two months I am chasing them over some item or other missing from my mothers REGULAR ORDER. Shouldn't these items be issued automatically (Like some chemist adverts CLAIM they do?) So bloody annoying as it is frequently impossible to actually get hold of someone to speak to in the first place. Even the district nurses who come round twice a week complain at how bad it is to even contact the Doctors surgery for something. But even them don't seem to actually DO anything to help rectify the situation.

The simple truth is that sometimes drugs are in short supply. Nothing to do with Brexit or the pandemic or anything, just that sometimes they run out and pharmacies need wait on more coming in. Doctors don't know of the shortage - they often don't get kept up to date with stock.
Lock up your spoons!

JayzusB.Christ

Quite a doctor overload going on here, with the Doctor and the Dr discussing doctors.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Woolly

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 22 April, 2021, 10:28:45 PM
Quite a doctor overload going on here, with the Doctor and the Dr discussing doctors.

Leigh S

Decided I'd better finally start shifting stuff from the loft and after 2 weeks and 19 sold items, I already have had 2 non payers - is this common? They are both users with good feedback, so it seems very odd - to be fair to the one, it's only been a few days, but I'd turned down their low ball offer on a couple of books, whilst they had a lot of watchers on - if they'd not sold, then maybe with the saving on postage, that would be OK, but....

One book went, the other didnt, so I sent them a message saying if they wanted to stck in another offer at hte same amount, I;d be happy t post out both together.... silence... eBay is not winning me over to be honest - lots of sneaky charges and by the time postie gets his cut, he is the biggest winner, followed by eBay, followed by me as a distant third - I'll never complain about the cost of items on eBay again!

Tjm86

TBH I find that ebay is a real p*** take these days.  I'm amazed they don't charge you for searching.  The takeover by businesses has killed it off as a place to go to sell off your old bits and bobs.

Leigh S

I only latterly found out about the 30p/2.9% transaction charge - to read their "what will you pay as a seller", it looks like just the 10% - I proces some CDs to make me a quid if they sold before realising that Paypal (?) fee would take a good chunk of that!  Prices adjusted accordingly, but can;t compete with Music Magpie - presumably they have some stupid bulk deal with Royal Mail that allows them to seel CDs for less than it would cost me to post them?

The Legendary Shark

Maybe start up our own service for collectors, "GeekBay" or something. Just a forum type thing like this for buying, selling, swapping, importing/exporting, etc. just on a small scale between fans. No charges, no fees - just a place for like-minded fans to help one another out, bring people together and that. Maybe a weekly or monthly online car-boot sale type arrangement to kick things off. Rebellion might even let us set up something here, seeing as they already have a "stall."

Corporatism is sh*t, so let's get back to an old-fashioned people's marketplace - online.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

S'right. (Although car boot sales do charge a fee to vendors).

The only places the missus and I sell stuff these days is direct through forums/groups. At least then you know you're likely to be dealing with - effectively exchanging with - like-minded folk who understand what goes into making/shipping, instead of the hordes who think you're a local branch of Amazon and operate a drone delivery service from the warehouse in their town.  The horrors we've experienced on eBay defy description, and I use to *love* the excitement of that site.

Now if we could just dispense with fecking PayPal.

Professor Bear

As I recall, Ebay and Paypal used to be the same company, but Ebay split it off into a financially distinct entity so that they could charge an extra fee for the (automated) payment process.

Link Prime

Quote from: Professor Bear on 25 April, 2021, 10:25:10 PM
As I recall, Ebay and Paypal used to be the same company, but Ebay split it off into a financially distinct entity so that they could charge an extra fee for the (automated) payment process.

Posting on this forum carries a surcharge of £0.02 per word.