Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 04 January, 2024, 05:50:18 PMToday, four days late, I got my pay packet for the last calendar month. There was £300 in it. I was overjoyed, a £50 pay rise, at last, after all those months of asking. I thanked my boss and told her how big a difference this would make.

But she'd miscounted. Thanked me for my honesty.

And asked for the money back.

I can't believe she asked for the money back. Here's to hoping that she has some other, more positive qualities.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

Well, she puts up with me. So there's that, I guess. And, erm...

Nope, that's just about it.

It's gotten very Steptoe & Son all of a sudden. I should write a book. Sitemares.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Angry Vince

Having spent the year saving up for a holiday for the family. we all took off for Sydney for a long week of relaxation. Then the lot of us caught covid and I ended up in emergency.

On the plus side, apparently my heart is in really good shape.

PS: on an unrelated(?) note, there are a metric crap load of bats in Sydney. Who knew?

PPS: The A&E I got taken to was St Vincent's - so apparently the Aussies have canonized me. Finally, some recognition!

Edits for PS & PPS as my brain catches up with events.
Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Angry Vince on 21 January, 2024, 10:04:49 AMHaving spent the year saving up for a holiday for the family. we all took off for Sydney for a long week of relaxation. Then the lot of us caught covid and I ended up in emergency.

If it makes you feel any better... for our twentieth wedding anniversary, I flew my wife and I first class to New York, booked four nights in a very fancy Manhattan hotel... and on the morning of our first full day there, just after breakfast, I said "Ooh. I don't feel so good..." and had to run to the loo in our hotel room, where I basically remained for two full days, barring the nights, when I had to sleep in the shower.

It was certainly a... memorable trip, albeit not necessarily for the reasons I'd hoped. :sick:
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Angry Vince

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 21 January, 2024, 10:27:51 AM
Quote from: Angry Vince on 21 January, 2024, 10:04:49 AMHaving spent the year saving up for a holiday for the family. we all took off for Sydney for a long week of relaxation. Then the lot of us caught covid and I ended up in emergency.

If it makes you feel any better... for our twentieth wedding anniversary, I flew my wife and I first class to New York, booked four nights in a very fancy Manhattan hotel... and on the morning of our first full day there, just after breakfast, I said "Ooh. I don't feel so good..." and had to run to the loo in our hotel room, where I basically remained for two full days, barring the nights, when I had to sleep in the shower.

It was certainly a... memorable trip, albeit not necessarily for the reasons I'd hoped. :sick:

Sounds worse than my pre-honeymoon to Venice where I spent two days holding tight to the hotel toilet.

Anyway, I flew back home last night. Feeling better this morning and have just had a morning coffee and taken some flu medicine.
On closer inspection, I think I've picked from the wrong end of the Night and Day pack. Going to be an interesting day at work...
Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)

Funt Solo

Yay - I've got Covid! Honestly, I felt like I was missing out. I'll be laughing on the other side of my face if my symptoms get worse, mind. As it is, some time off work is okay.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Hark at you with yer exotic foreign new fangled lurgy. I've had the good old fashioned homegrown lurgy all week. Been pondering how it is that so much snot can fit in one (admittedly quite large) skull and worried that I might not make it to the Bill Bailey gig tomorrow night.
You may quote me on that.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Oh, and get well soon Funt. I've had the Covid thrice now, I've suffered worse with hangovers, but it's still no craic. How's your sense of taste?*

*in the aromatic sense. As a fellow squaxx, your taste was in entertainment is unimpeachable
You may quote me on that.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Definitely Not Mister Pops on 09 February, 2024, 07:26:55 PMHow's your sense of taste?

Taste seems to have survived. It just feels like a rough flu, overall. The weird thing is that it's triggered a rash - reminds me of measles. I've painted a plague mark on my door as a warning to others.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

Got COVID.

Uuurrggghhh. I'm glad I'm vaccinated up because if this is what it feels like with a readied immune system I dread how insufferable it would have been without.
My dietary palette shall be of a liquid persuasion for the time being, I fear.

JayzusB.Christ

I'm afraid to hang around this thread - the Covid appears to be spreading. Hope you get well soon, Hawkie. I've had Covid - it isn't the end of the world but it's very debilitating.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

Day #6 and I'm over the worst of it (knock on wood). Day #4 was pure man-flu territory - I was the walking dead. Reckon I'll be fit enough to get back to work tomorrow, but I will moan about it.

Get well soon, Hawk.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

paddykafka

Glad to hear that you're recovering, Funt. I had a similar dose meself, recently and it's a nasty one to be sure. Hope that you'll be better soon as well, Hawk and likewise to yourself, Definitely Not Mister Pops.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 11 February, 2024, 08:55:19 AMGot COVID.

Uuurrggghhh. I'm glad I'm vaccinated up because if this is what it feels like with a readied immune system I dread how insufferable it would have been without.
My dietary palette shall be of a liquid persuasion for the time being, I fear.

Wish you'd mentioned that before I got in a lift with you today!