Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rara Avis

I knocked over my Judge Death figurine and broke both his arms. I found most of the bigger pieces but I can't find his little finger. FML.

JohnW

Because it wasn't raining and because I'm one classy individual, I wore black suede shoes today. I was five minutes out the door when I saw I'd managed to get toothpaste on one of them like a big drooling idiot.
This kind of thing never happened to Max Normal.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Rara Avis on 29 January, 2023, 09:57:12 PM
I knocked over my Judge Death figurine and broke both his arms. I found most of the bigger pieces but I can't find his little finger. FML.

I feel for you! Has the finger been recovered, and can he be fixed?
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Rara Avis

The finger has not been recovered. It fell in a really awkward and dusty place so I plan to have a proper look for it this weekend.

I'm pretty sure I can get him fixed but I don't want to get my hopes up as I know the person is retired and they may not be inclined to take it on. I'll pop down to the local shop this weekend and see if I can suss it out; need to finger though.

I certainly can't it it with my hammer hands.

Rara Avis

JohnW

Congrats :D
But don't we now need a 'Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments that sometimes come out alright in the end if we're lucky' thread?
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

paddykafka

Rara Avis

paddykafka

Want to know what I received in the post on Valentine's Day?

A nice card from a mystery lady admirer?

Hand-delivered flowers or a box of chocolates?

Oh, no.

Instead, I got a letter from the Department of Social Protection, informing me that they were rejecting my application for Rent Allowance for a number reasons, but chiefly because the application did not include a tenancy agreement with the new landlord and also a rent book showing payments made by me to him.

I pointed out the importance of both of those documents, when I was handing him the other supporting documents for him to submit with the application to the DSP. He said that he would get those documents sorted out. Clearly he did not do so, which means that I am back to square one as regards getting the rent arrears cleared.

I contacted Citizen's Information and the nice chap whom I met with last week said that he will call me today. In the meantime, having finally come to the conclusion that my life is nothing but a sick and spectacularly bleak joke, I did the only sensible thing possible.

I went to my nearest pub and got horribly drunk.

JohnW

paddykafka

Quote from: JWare on 15 February, 2023, 04:21:45 PMHappy Valentine's Day, Paddy.
This is fucked.

You're not wrong there, mate. As the man says: "If it wasn't for bad luck, I'ld be havin' no luck at all!"

I've been a complete bag of nerves since yesterday. The Cit's Info guy will be calling me tomorrow instead. I really hope that this whole problem - which was not of my fault or making - can be resolved soon, as the stress which it is causing me is just bloody unbearable at this stage.

Thanks & Cheers - Paddy

The Legendary Shark

Well, I've finally had the ultrasound scan of my legs. Apparently, it ain't so bad - slight arterial narrowings in a couple of places. Still need another appointment to go through the prognosis and whatnot but, for the moment, I'm probably not going to drop dead at any second and nobody needs to break out the saws. So, apart from the discomfort when I walk, it's looking good - although I'm afraid that means you're going to have to put up with me for a while longer :) . I'm not really a worrier but a weight I hadn't realized was there has been lifted.

Also, I wish I could tell you what the vascular scientist and I talked about - but a) they asked me not to and b) you don't want to hear it.

Time for another rollie, methinks. Oh, and a celebratory beer or three...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JohnW

May the Shark live forever, and may his legend increase among the nations.

The Legendary Shark

Yikes!

I'm not greedy - two or three thousand years will be more than enough, lol.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

Whether it's Left, Baby, Blahaj or Legendary, the internet needs sharks. Stay well buddy.