Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banners

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES
Quote from: Banners
Quote from: Something FishyThat's your project?
Heh, I think it's going to be slightly better than something knocked up on a camcorder(!)
The Damn Cheek of it, I'll have you know my behind the scenes stuff is a masterpiece  ;)

To be fair, if you've put the same amount of effort into your video as you have with the Hell-Trek, it should be an Oscar winner next year for sure(!)

M@

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Peter Wolf

I dont like having to chase up someone so that i can be paid the money that i am owed.

I think its very inconsiderate and i think its ill mannered when it is their priority to pay me.

I will have to chase them up this evening and if they are in when i call they will have to stop whatever they are doing and go to the cash machine.

>:(

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Mike Gloady

How annoying.

I've now gone to Ferret hand jobs and was surprised.

Something Fishy

Quote from: Banners on 23 March, 2010, 10:13:38 PM
Quote from: Something FishyThat's your project?

Heh, I think it's going to be slightly better than something knocked up on a camcorder(!)

M@

doh.. i didn't mean it like that.  I'm just wondering if he's one of the key people behind it?

Tiplodocus

Mmm. Those pesky rail strikes seem to be slap bang in the middle of our big family outing down to that London for Mrs Tips birthday.  And we decided to go by train rather than air.

Annoying but I'm generally supportive of the concept behind the strike; sick and tired of short term job cutting to save money for shareholders and fat cats at expense of everybody else's safety.  Admit I'll have to read a bit more to get a properly informed opinion.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

TordelBack

Irish passport office industrial action is stressing me out.  Having mucked about for months with Tesco Club Card points and internet vouchers and borrowed roofracks I have managed to concoct an essentially free (bar the petrol) roadtrip to somewhere warm enough to camp with a 9-month old in May before the wife goes back to work after her maternity leave (whereupon she won't see daylight 'til next year, by all accounts, and the kids will be dumped in a creche 50 hours a week), despite us being currently without a bean.  And now it's freaking me out that I won't be able to get a passport for the aforementioned infant in time.  Grrrrr, bloody government.

Banners

Night Freight delivery driver refused to unload 15,000 brochures we designed and printed. The only person at the client's premises was a receptionist who couldn't leave the front desk. So, rather than risk the driver leaving with the brochures, I dashed round there - breaking several red lights and speed limits - and unloaded them myself. Gah!

M@

uncle fester

Clients.

Can't shoot them.

Can't strangle them.

Too many laws protecting the stupid,  that's what I reckon.

I'm going to have a lie down.

TordelBack

Quote from: uncle fester on 30 March, 2010, 03:34:52 PM
Clients.

Can't shoot them.

Can't strangle them.

You and your anti-bloodsport ways.  How else are we supposed to keep their numbers under control?  They'll just die slowly from starvation because they can't find their own mouths if we don't step in and do the decent thing.  It's the most humane thing to do, and it keeps local businesses happy.  I'd offer my services as a consultant, but I'm heading up this clock tower with a high-powered rifle at the moment, and I may be indisposed for a few years after that.

uncle fester

That was pretty much what I needed to read! Cheers  :lol:

Banners

To be fair, on this occasion my chagrin is aimed at the unhelpful courier and not at all at the client .

M@

Mike Gloady

Yeah, it's the driver's fault, not the client's.  Unholy cock-end.  Hope you complained to his boss.

Rog69

I've just been reviewing the finances with 'er indoors to try and work out why we have pretty much run out of money two weeks before payday. Could it be the £500+ we spent taxing, insuring and repairing the brakes on her car? Maybe it's the £250 we spent fixing up and decorating the kitchen and dining room.
Nope, it's none of those, apparently it's the £20 I spent on Blurays that's dropped us in the shit  ::).

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!