Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 08 April, 2010, 12:13:22 AM
Sat in traffic jam on the A406 west bound just before the underpass of the A1010.
Why?
Because a bloke is thinking about ending it all.
Looks like an even easier night than normal.

Someone else will end it for him if he doesnt get out of the way.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

I, Cosh

I just upgraded to the newest version of Firefox and, when you open a link in a new tab, it opens immediately to the right of the source tab rather than at the far right. Urrgh!
We never really die.

Banners

Quote from: The CoshI just upgraded to the newest version of Firefox and, when you open a link in a new tab, it opens immediately to the right of the source tab rather than at the far right. Urrgh!

Here's a fix apparently.

M@

Noisybast

Forgot to watch Ashes to Ashes. Balls.
Ah well - iPlayer, here I come...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Banners on 09 April, 2010, 10:14:11 AM
Quote from: The CoshI just upgraded to the newest version of Firefox and, when you open a link in a new tab, it opens immediately to the right of the source tab rather than at the far right. Urrgh!
Here's a fix apparently.
Thank you very much Mr Banners.

Can you help with this one? It's looking increasingly likely that I am going to spend an obscene amount of money finally buying the last few issues of Akira.
We never really die.

Satanist

My mate couldnae play on xbox live last night cos his cow was giving birth!

Too  many jokes.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

worldshown

A cock-up between the insurers and the solicitors is preventing my mother's will from being sorted out. Grrr!

COMMANDO FORCES

I arrived at the framing shop at 16:34 only for it to be closed. The official time for closing was 17:00, words may be spoken tomorrow.

House of Usher

Quote from: worldshown on 16 April, 2010, 05:47:45 PM
A cock-up between the insurers and the solicitors is preventing my mother's will from being sorted out. Grrr!

Tricky one. My grandmother's estate is still not settled after two-and-a-half years because a) when she died she owned half a rental property shared with a business partner who still owns half, b) she left no specific instructions for the disposal of her property other than that her two daughters should receive half each, and c) she made her solicitor executor in the hope it would save her daughters hassle. Instead it caused them a lot more hassle because neither one was in charge and there was plenty to argue over.

If my grandmother had left instrucions for her property (including the house she lived in) to be sold and the proceeds divided up, it would have saved a lot of discussion about one or other daughter getting the house in toto and compensating the other, and would have saved the tens of thousands of pounds in property value it lost while off the market for over a year as the property slump deepened. However, you can't weigh the cost for my mum and her sister coming to terms with their feelings if they had sold quickly while wracked with uncertainty about what to do.
STRIKE !!!

COMMANDO FORCES

Because the 'life is drokking fantastic' thread seems to have vanished.
The stats board doesn't show it, neither does the latest posts page,  or my previous posts list and I want to show that Jock Mean Machine to the world  >:D

Paul faplad Finch

Shit, he's right.  Could it be some glitch that no-ones ever noticed because no thread has ever had so much activity. Maybe you hit 2000 replies and blow a fuse somewhere?

If so, the life spugs thread isn't long for this life either.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Peter Wolf

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 17 April, 2010, 08:17:47 PM
Because the 'life is drokking fantastic' thread seems to have vanished.
The stats board doesn't show it, neither does the latest posts page,  or my previous posts list and I want to show that Jock Mean Machine to the world  >:D

We had better have it back then.

It shouldnt be lost forever or we will have to start another.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Rog69

I was sitting with my 4 year old daughter going through the alphabet with her this morning and when we got to C I asked her if she knew any words beginning with it.
She said THE C word  :o

Roger Godpleton

Quote from: Rog69 on 18 April, 2010, 11:48:04 PM
I was sitting with my 4 year old daughter going through the alphabet with her this morning and when we got to C I asked her if she knew any words beginning with it.
She said THE C word  :o

My work here is done.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!