Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Had two cards from the postman (or woman) but I know mine is always a bloke.
I know one is for my commission from Bolt-01 (I shall start a thread when it arrives but some of you may have seen the nearly finished pic on my facebook page) but the other I have no idea.
Now shall I collect them just before 19:00 or wait until I finish work in the morning, decisions, decisions :-\

House of Usher

My pet rabbits like to eat primulas, pinks, hebe, strawberry leaves, lillies, irises and miniature roses, but they're a bit fussy about grass. They'll only eat it around the edge of the lawn from sitting on the patio, if it's cut with garden sheers, or it has seeded itself into a planter, which presumably makes it more tempting. When I laid some turf over a small area for their benefit I didn't imagine I'd ever have to cut the grass. For every strawberry leaf they eat, they bite another off at the stem and just let it fall. I think they could destroy the lot in 50 to 100 days. There's a chance more than half the strawberries may get to grow, however, and in any case I've not been able to keep up with eating the crop as it's ripened in recent years so most of it got turned into jam.
STRIKE !!!

COMMANDO FORCES

Well I didn't go to the collection office, so it's 07:00 tomorrow then  ;)

Tiplodocus

So I'm on batch support tonight, meant to be watching a load of jobs pay Tax Relief at Source to the good people of Ireland.  After about twenty minutes I realise it's a public holiday in Ireland and the batch isn't running tonight.

I wouldn't mind but I did the same stupid thing last month (except it was a Bank Holiday earlier in the week meant I had the days wrong).

Oh well, at least I was on fire in goals at footy tonight.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

James Stacey

I'm selling my house. The only offer we have had so far was 25K under the asking price. I pointed and laughed. The estate agent pointed and laughed. Now the prospective buyer has upped their offer by 3K. WTF. Why waste everyone's time. I admired their nerve first time. Now I want to poke them in the eye for taking the piss.

The Legendary Shark

A bank that doesn't charge interest on a mortgage? Impossible, right? Wrong:  http://tinyurl.com/37z94gb
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Rog69

I didn't get the little fish shaped bottle of soy sauce with my sushi tray at lunch time and I had parked too far from M&S to be bothered to take it back.

Dandontdare

some idiot journo on Newsnight, discussing the Star Chamber, just described the 17th century as "in ancient times"

worldshown

One of my neighbours cars is currently being repossessed. The flashing lights on the top of the tow truck is doing my head in.

Roger Godpleton

Are these the bad neighbours? You could try a last minute long range key-ing.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

TordelBack

Quote from: Dandontdare on 08 June, 2010, 10:38:07 PM
some idiot journo on Newsnight, discussing the Star Chamber, just described the 17th century as "in ancient times"

Maybe he meant the 17th C BC (or 'BCE' if you're a pain in my proverbial)?   Middle Helladic III, 2nd Intermediate Period, Middle Minoan II, Proto-Palatial Period, Troy VI, or just the plain later Early Bronze Age where I come from, that sort of thing?

Roger Godpleton

Chris Brown was denied a UK visa. How can they do this to the greatest artist of our age?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

uncle fester

The roller wheel on the middle of my mouse has packed up. Now it rolls and sod all happens. Think you can cope without it? Try and navigate a long news web page or use PhotoShop without it...

Ah, welcome back to the real world...

wild-seven

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 09 June, 2010, 01:17:50 AM
Chris Brown was denied a UK visa. How can they do this to the greatest artist of our age?

Because he's a steaming great misogynist see-you-next-tuesday. Who can't carry a tune in a bucket
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

Peter Wolf

I am playing 007 Nightfire PS2 game but its pissing me off because of the lack of checkpoints that are saved within a mission which means when i die in the final part of the mission because its the first time playing it and despite there being a cut scene i have to start right at the beginning of that stage of the mission ALL OVER AGAIN !! >:( which just wastes loads of my time and its tedious and boring and it also means that i cant save my progress and finish it at a later date where i left off.

IDIOT Game designers.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death