Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul faplad Finch

My crappy laptop is playing up again so I'm relegated to an hour a day on the library machines for ther next few days. Again. Twice in a frigging month.

So  now I still can't watch Rennaisance. It's sitting there on my computer, taunting me.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

House of Usher

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 23 June, 2010, 11:32:52 AM
Quote from: Rog69 on 21 June, 2010, 09:51:07 PM
Hayfever  :(

I am not sure how old you are but there is a chance you will grow out of it.

Hayfever does come and go. I had it quite badly from the last days of primary school up to my A-level exams, and a couple of times I found it quite debilitating at university, like one afternoon when I drove into town and got a faceful of pollen that wasn't in the air where I was living. For years after that it was quite mild, although my cat allergy got worse. I moved to a new town when I was 30, and the unfamiliar pollen there brought on the sneezing, nose-running and itchy eyes straight away even though I had been fine when I set off from home that morning. After I'd been living there a while my hayfever subsided. Nowadays I just get a few sneezes now and then and a bit of a runny nose sometimes if I've been outside for a while. I think the severity of symptoms lessens as you get older, and staying in one place allows you to become a little bit tolerant of pollen in your locality.

I find Beconase quite helpful too. Best to start taking it in the Spring before symptoms occur. I gather it's too late once you've started sneezing and wheezing come June.
STRIKE !!!

Rog69

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 23 June, 2010, 11:32:52 AM
Quote from: Rog69 on 21 June, 2010, 09:51:07 PM
Hayfever  :(

I am not sure how old you are but there is a chance you will grow out of it.I started getting Hayfever when i was about 13 and now i am 42 the last 3 years have been free of Hayfever or virtually free of it.

I always used to get mine around this time of year and for years it would always start around the second week in June.I sneezed a few times the other day but that was it.

Try Beconase nasal spray.

I'm 41 and the hayfever is nowhere near as bad as it was, I've had it ever since I can remember but my late teens/early twenties where by far the worst for it as I developed seasonal asthma with it around that time.

It started to get better around my early thirties and I only seem to get it in short bursts now instead of pretty much constantly like I used too, and even then it's only a minor impediment these days compared to how crappy I used to feel with it.

Beconase FTW though as it's the only thing that's ever given me any relief from it, and believe me I have tried everything in the past. The only other thing that helped was keeping one room in the house as closed up as I could so the air stayed a bit staler in there so I could have somewhere to recover.

Peter Wolf

When i used to get it really bad i would have to stay in which helped.Otherwise i found having a cold shower would help or splashing with cold water so it goes up your nose literally washing the allergens away.I also found that anti-histamines would make me feel depressed and the Hayfever itself would make me very irritable.

I used to get it badly when i lived in central London with all that pollen blowing around from the parks and gardens not to mention the traffic pollution and particulates etc.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

House of Usher

:o   I'm sorry to hear that, Roger.  :|
STRIKE !!!

Roger Godpleton

He's always had a temper and he's always been immature, spiteful and selfish, so it's entirely possible (probable, even)  that this is business as usual, but as far as I know this is the first time he's been this way at work. To be perfectly frank, I don't really give a shit, but I don't want to be around* if he goes completely off the deep end.

*It might be that I WOULD want to be around just a little bit too much.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 23 June, 2010, 06:32:42 PM
I used to get it badly when i lived in central London with all that pollen blowing around from the parks and gardens not to mention the traffic pollution and particulates etc.

Conversely, I got the worst hayfever I've ever had when I lived in Egham, Surrey, and found that venturing into central London was pretty much the only way I could alleviate the symptoms.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JOE SOAP

Roger Godpleton

nev

nev

Every other day I'm still knackered after 9 hours sleep, but I get woken up by my cough at 6 and am wide awake. Bugger.

staticgirl

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

COMMANDO FORCES

And me, I'm hiding until the sun goes down (if only Nik Kershaw would let it).