Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

Quote from: Something Fishy on 22 July, 2010, 10:51:35 PM
Quote from: Inev on 19 July, 2010, 12:02:05 AM
Some girl who tried to start a war with anonymous and didn't expect her life to be ruined apparently.

But it's okay, because her dad is backtracing everything to report people to cyberpolice. AND THE CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN!

It's wrong what they did to be honest.. but I did laugh at the dad seemingly cutting a WWE promo.

I wish I knew what any of this meant.  :'(
STRIKE !!!

TordelBack

Quote from: House of Usher on 22 July, 2010, 11:48:00 PM
I wish I knew what any of this meant.  :'(

Be careful what you wish for...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xe3dj6_jessi-slaughter-before-b_webcam

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xe4ek1_jessi-slaughter-aka-kerligirl13-fra_news

Silly kid posts dodgy pics, gets into a fight with 4Chan, silly 4Chan acts like 4Chan, silly kid's silly Dad feeds the flames.  It's all too sordid.  And silly.

Paul faplad Finch

A young girl was the victim of some cyberbullying. Her (possibly tongue-in-cheek but stil rather ill-advised) attempt at retaliation went a bit wrong and she became the laughing stock of the entire internet. Or at least those portions of it that are frequented by vindictive teenagers.

It all got a bit out of hand. It's easy to see it all as a bit of a sideshow and have a good laugh but it's worth remembering that it is a child at the centre of it all.

Thats the bare bones, I'm not massively up to speed on it. I only know about it at all because someone (I think it was Graham Linehan but I can't really remember) brought it up on twitter as a warning to parents to monitor their kids online activity.

EDIT : Or you could just cick on Tordelbacks link for the actual story rather than my hazy half truths. 
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

vzzbux

THis is why I refuse to own a web cam and permanent marker covers the wife's laptop lens.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: TordelBack on 22 July, 2010, 11:55:07 PM
Quote from: House of Usher on 22 July, 2010, 11:48:00 PM
I wish I knew what any of this meant.  :'(

Be careful what you wish for...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xe3dj6_jessi-slaughter-before-b_webcam

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xe4ek1_jessi-slaughter-aka-kerligirl13-fra_news

Silly kid posts dodgy pics, gets into a fight with 4Chan, silly 4Chan acts like 4Chan, silly kid's silly Dad feeds the flames.  It's all too sordid.  And silly.

The parents are making a bad situation worse.

How silly.

00.38 seconds into the second video the mother in the background says either :

"We are going to come round and beat yer ass !"

or

"We are going to come and pee in yer ass !"

:o :lol:

Shortly after that she says : "I cant live in peace ...I can live in PC"  :lol:

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Roger Godpleton

Sounds like MIK needs to take my Advanced Solipsism Course.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Richmond Clements

I thought it was payday today, but it's not until next Wednesday. Shit.

Dunk!

After about 2 years of having it on pre-order my copy of Doug Tennapel's Ghostopolis should be winging it's way to me...

Oh no. In the time it's taken to be published my bank has changed my debit card. So, even though i changed the card on the site and deleted the old one, my order won't go through.

Oh the agony! I love Mr Tennapel's stuff (though his politics ain't my cup of tea) and was hoping for a good read this weekend.

Ho bloody hum
"Trust we"

House of Usher

Thanks. I see how insignificant and not worth anyone's time it all is.
STRIKE !!!

staticgirl

....because it's been over 30C every afternoon all week in the office with 20% humidity. I have started having nightmares about being trapped in burning buildings etc. That's when I've been able to sleep - had a few panic attacks at being forced to work in those conditions too.

I am knackered. I am a zombie. My stomach is upset and I feel dizzy.

If it happens again this arvo I am off.

M.I.K.

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 23 July, 2010, 03:00:27 AM
Sounds like MIK needs to take my Advanced Solipsism Course.

Wouldn't a solipsism course be kind of missing the point of solipsism?

Mikey

Quote from: M.I.K. on 23 July, 2010, 01:46:42 PM
Wouldn't a solipsism course be kind of missing the point of solipsism?

Well,no. As you are all my constructs, the Advanced Solipsism Course is just one the ways I'm dealing with my reality. I don't know where I got Roger from, mind and why I made him bring it up.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Peter Wolf

Whats solipism about innit ?

Quote from: House of Usher on 23 July, 2010, 11:18:24 AM
Silly kid posts dodgy pics, gets into a fight with 4Chan, silly 4Chan acts like 4Chan, silly kid's silly Dad feeds the flames.  It's all too sordid.  And silly.

Thanks. I see how insignificant and not worth anyone's time it all is.

True but nevertheless it was very funny.Roger is the conduit between this forum and all the trashy teen culture on Youtube.

Also i nearly had a collision this afternoon while cycling down a busy main road in Brighton.As  i was cycling downhill i was going at quite a speed and this moron cyclist decides to pull out right in front of me without even looking at what was behind so i had to slam the brakes on and the difference between a collision was about 2 inches.The stupid twat didnt even notice this at all as he was wearing sunglasses and had headphones on which are a major distraction and therefore a hazard if you are using the road.Hazard perception is all very well and i consider the majority of cyclists in Brighton a hazard but with one or 2 seconds notice there is only so much you can do to avoid a collision.

And yes it was the usual hippy dropout drughead type.How typical.

Had there been a collision i would have given him a piece of my mind at the very least
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!