Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Quote from: staticgirl on 09 August, 2010, 03:37:18 PM
I need something to put blackberries in when I go picking and something to store whatever I make from them in the drinks line of things.... *makes plans*
Child's plastic bucket tied round the waist with string. Worked for me when I was eight.
We never really die.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Tiplodocus

QuoteWhy do motorcyclists seem to think that speed restrictions dont apply to them ??

That'd be SOME motorcyclists.

As for the hot water problems - it's sorted now.  We live in quite an old cottage (1825) and I think most of the plumbing originates from then as well.  There are a couple of pumps in the loft to get hot water from the downstairs boiler uop into the tank and when we get the occassional air lock, it's nearly always the pump in the attioc (not the easily accessible one next to the boiler) that needs a wee bit of a drain.  Not sure how the air gets into the system though...   Is anybody still awake and reading this.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 10 August, 2010, 12:37:47 PM
QuoteWhy do motorcyclists seem to think that speed restrictions dont apply to them ??

That'd be SOME motorcyclists.

As for the hot water problems - it's sorted now.  We live in quite an old cottage (1825) and I think most of the plumbing originates from then as well.  There are a couple of pumps in the loft to get hot water from the downstairs boiler uop into the tank and when we get the occassional air lock, it's nearly always the pump in the attioc (not the easily accessible one next to the boiler) that needs a wee bit of a drain.  Not sure how the air gets into the system though...   Is anybody still awake and reading this.

I have seen that kind of set up once or twice but i have no idea how air gets in the system at all as plumbing is something i know nothing about.

I was rained off work today which as all the work i have lined up is outside i am pretty certain that i will lose a lot more worktime because of weather.Luckily it is paying very well so the odd day here and there doesnt matter but everyday lost is a day wasted as i wanted to have all this work completed by mid October at the latest because if it isnt then its a problem.I have one other job that i havent had confirmed yet and at this rate if they want my services then its not likely i can do it until the spring but then if i say i cant do it until then i might lose the work altogether.The majority of the summer was wasted as i was waiting for the go ahead on these projects as well.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Roger Godpleton

It looks like Queen Latifah is gay. There goes my chance. :(
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Peter Wolf

I would have really appreciated Pepsi, Coca Cola and 7Up stating clearly that the drink in the can contains High Fructose Corn Syrup as well as sugar.I only found out that this is the case the other day as i had already read up on HFCS and its seriously unhealthy and its annoying because i usually drink a can of Coke [non-diet] in the morning just for the caffeine and sugar content as i dont really drink coffee or tea as i dont really like hot drinks.

>:( >:(

I am sick and tired of all this chemical unhealthy filth in food and drink as i have to check the ingredients of everything i eat or drink and then if i do check the ingredients its not even F-ing included in the list of ingredients which is totally dishonest and deceptive.

This is just one example and its not like you can rely on govt agencies to safeguard against unhealthy substances in food and drink as they do NOTHING about it.

Another example is Aspartame.I dont chew gum but you try finding chewing gum that doesnt contain Aspartame.

I dont even know with absolute certainty that the tap water here doesnt contain Fluoride and god knows how many other toxic substances.

HI HO its off to work i go.

nev

My phone is dying so I need to get a new one soon.
Not getting a touch screen phone again.

House of Usher

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 11 August, 2010, 09:53:11 AM
Another example is Aspartame.

I dont even know with absolute certainty that the tap water here doesnt contain Fluoride and god knows how many other toxic substances.

I don't trust aspartame. I never knowingly eat or drink anything containing aspartame, saccharine or acesulfame potassium, because I don't know what the the health effects are or any of them. At least with sugar I know it can cause tooth decay, diabetes and coronary heart disease. The answer to that is to try to minimise your consumption of sugar rather than to add chemicals into your diet. I still eat too much sugar, but I don't add it to tea or coffee or sprinkle it on my cereal, and I generally halve the amount specified in recipes, such as when baking cakes.

If you are worried about fluoride in your water supply, it should be relatively easy to find out from your water company or Health Trust if fluoride is deliberately added. To the best of my knowledge they don't add fluoride to the water supply in East Sussex.

Edit: The British Dental Health Foundation says it's only added to water in the west Midlands and the north east.
STRIKE !!!

zombemybabynow

Quotefluoride in your water supply

MIND CONTROL!!!!
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Dandontdare

Quote from: Inev on 13 August, 2010, 10:49:26 AM
My phone is dying so I need to get a new one soon.
Not getting a touch screen phone again.

Sensible chap! I got a LG cookie recently 'cos it had a better camera than other phones in the same price range, but it's been a pain in the arse ever since. Next time I'm going for one with buttons.

nev

Quote from: Dandontdare on 13 August, 2010, 11:33:58 AM
Sensible chap! I got a LG cookie recently 'cos it had a better camera than other phones in the same price range, but it's been a pain in the arse ever since. Next time I'm going for one with buttons.
That's the phone I've got. It's alright to start with but now it's sending blank texts left, right and centre and generally pisses me off.
I've probably had it over a year now. But I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Dandontdare

yeah, mine kept unlocking in my pocket and randomly dialling people in my address book. I managed to lock myself out completely fiddling about trying to set the pin code. I've now got it unlocked and worked out how to do this, but it takes about 6 steps to lock or unlock it securely. Even the camera's not great, as that takes several menu and sub-menu steps before you can take a picture, and again before you take the next one.

The only thing I realy do like about it is the way it changes to a QWERTY keyboard if you turn it sideways.

nev

I don't like it however when it turns to the QWERTY keyboard whilst I am holding it upright and trying to text.

staticgirl

Thanks for the suggestions. My stomach is certainly somewhere i shall be storing some of the berries. I love the idea of kids buckets - they'd make great plant pots too. :)

Oh look it's raining.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: House of Usher on 13 August, 2010, 11:14:25 AM

If you are worried about fluoride in your water supply, it should be relatively easy to find out from your water company or Health Trust if fluoride is deliberately added. To the best of my knowledge they don't add fluoride to the water supply in East Sussex.

Edit: The British Dental Health Foundation says it's only added to water in the west Midlands and the north east.

Thats reassuring to a certain extent as i dont require to be chemically coshed especially without my informed consent or knowledge.As for Aspartame there is plenty of info online about the effects of Aspartame and none of the effects are good especially mental retardation.The only time i have ever touched Aspartame was when i bought the wrong can of drink by mistake.I didnt swallow any as the taste of it was a giveaway that it didnt contain sugar so i spat it out as it tasted vile.

Also High Fructose[its actually glucose] Corn Syrup is what is being blamed on the rising rates of Diabetes/Coronary heart disease/High blood pressure/Obesity and Pancreatic cancer and is far worse for you than sugar is in any amount.

:sick:

Talking of baking cakes Bicarbonate Of Soda is a detoxifying agent.