Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

Im at work now, so sadly not.

Grud know what theyre doing now. Probably rubbing oil over each other and practicing tassle-twirling or something.

SBT

nev

Oh my. *dabs sweat from brow with a handkerchief*

Trout

Edited because it's just not worth the trouble.

Rog69

For crying out loud, I swear I'm not taking a holiday from work ever again, I always come back to find I have been shafted in some way.

My boss has promised a customer that I will be working with them every day at their site until the end of the year, they are right next to Heathrow airport and I live in North Warwickshire. I now have a 5+ hour round trip to work every day.

Bollocks.

House of Usher

Quote from: Rog69 on 15 August, 2010, 08:40:32 AM
My boss has promised a customer that I will be working with them every day at their site until the end of the year

The bastard. How exactly is that supposed to make you feel valued? You ought to be compensated in some way. Bonus? Travel allowance? Temporary relocation expenses? Promotion? If driving isn't part of your job, he's just added 20 hours to your working week. Somebody ought to pay for that, and I don't mean you.
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

Ever since drinking that bottle of water on Friday i have been feeling tired and nauseous with a headache and after forcing myself to throw up this morning i feel a bit better.I obviously cannot attribute it to drinking a bottle of Volvic but i did drink it very quickly and thats when i started feeling ill.

Quote from: Noisybast on 13 August, 2010, 08:10:49 PM
I always preferred Joy Division anyway...

I watched Control about the life of Ian Curtis the other night and it showed how he was messed up by the cocktail of medication that caused depression perscribed to control Epilepsy.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

House of Usher

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 15 August, 2010, 01:55:58 PM
I watched Control about the life of Ian Curtis the other night and it showed how he was messed up by the cocktail of medication that caused depression perscribed to control Epilepsy.

Is one way of looking at it. There's always the conundrum of whether it's a combination of personality factors and mental illness, or the drugs people are prescribed, that makes them do things they or others may regret later. I have never needed prescribed drugs to make me think about throwing myself off a bridge. I'm not convinced that a course of antidepressants would make it seem like an even better idea.
STRIKE !!!

mogzilla

cyclists en masse... we went to southport today and there was a load of them taking up all the fucking road even at the junction they just went were they felt like.gits

Rog69

Quote from: House of Usher on 15 August, 2010, 11:55:25 AM
The bastard. How exactly is that supposed to make you feel valued? You ought to be compensated in some way. Bonus? Travel allowance? Temporary relocation expenses? Promotion? If driving isn't part of your job, he's just added 20 hours to your working week. Somebody ought to pay for that, and I don't mean you.

To be honest, with the huge faceless firm that I work for it's very difficult to feel valued anyway, but it is very easy to work the system to screw as much money out of them as you can when you know your way around all of the policies on overtime and expenses etc, which is exactly what I will be doing as I am a bit of a ninja in that department.

The worst thing about this isn't the way my boss has gone about all this, he hasn't actually told me yet and still thinks I don't know about it and he will be phoning me in the morning to tell me, no the worst part is that I won't get to see much of my kids in the week, especially if I get delayed at all on my way home and as I will be hitting the M25 at rush hour every night there is every chance of that happening.

Roger Godpleton

Popped my ears when I did not need to and now I have head hurt.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

staticgirl

Sore back. I think I must have sneezed in bed or something. Owwwwwwwwwwwwww

Peter Wolf

F-ing UK Nanny-state means i cant bid on/buy a Hunting/Trail knife being sold by a US seller on Ebay.

I shall go to a shop and buy one instead as i will not be deterred.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Van Dom

...because I can't find the "Life Sucks" thread. Is it gone? Does life, in general, not suck anymore? Oh well, I guess here will do...

Mini-Dom 3 spent the day in hospital today, after getting a little over-excited while watching a Scooby Doo cartoon this morning. When the ghost appeared on screen he ran over to "slap" it, and hit the tv hard enough to knock off the clock we had on top of it. Clock came down, sharp edge caught him JUST below the eye - I'm talking millimetres- and gouged a deep cut into his flesh. Cue lots of blood and screaming and a mad dash to A&E. Poor little bugger had to get seven stitches. He's only 2. :( This comes a year after his elder brother had a similar accident, slipped and fell against a table and caught the edge of a photo frame with his cheek. They were able to use glue to stick that wound together luckily. Either way, two of my sons will now sport little scars on their faces.... As it happens, I have one too, from an accident I had when I was the same age... History Repeating Sucks!!!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!