Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

They had alternative titles, so he gets a pass.

And before anyone starts, Led Zeppelin's fourth album isn't called "Led Zeppelin", it's called "Led Zeppelin IV".
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Colin Zeal

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 12 September, 2010, 09:51:22 PM
Self-titled albums are bad enough. But when it's not even your debut?

When it's your fourth album?

You guys just lost yourselves a sale.

Does this mean you didn't buy Blur's self titled fifth album then?

uncle fester

Technically Led Zeppelin's fourth album doesn't have a title...  :)

COMMANDO FORCES

Drokk! I'm awake but the alarm is set for 14:00, what to do!

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

staticgirl

Roger Godpleton

A bunch of the corduroy on my trousers has been eroded.

SmallBlueThing

Reading The Mega City One Archives 3. Judge Fear's shoulder armour: "conventional pads with a zig zag motif" apparently. So, not man traps then?
This isnt good.
SBT

Kerrin

House of Usher

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 14 September, 2010, 06:32:24 PM
Reading The Mega City One Archives 3. Judge Fear's shoulder armour: "conventional pads with a zig zag motif" apparently. So, not man traps then?

What's The Mega City One Archives?
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

I'm working indoors this week, with fixed hours, but it means I'm constantly subjected to the kitsch-obsessed Radio 2, starting with Chris Evans.

:|
STRIKE !!!

Roger Godpleton

JOE SOAP

TordelBack

In desperation the wife and I took on a weekend job handling (from home) an out-of-hours phone line for the place she works.  We had hoped for more hours, seeing as the service was her idea in the first place, but we ended up with the weekend night shift which oddly enough nobody else wanted.  We figured that between the two of us we could handle the kids and the phoneline, maybe even get some of my own work done in between calls once the kids were in bed.  Turned out to be a lot more work than expected, but hey, we're desperate, and at least there were two of us.  

Today she got her first payslip with the extra job on it, and after tax and various deductions it worked out as just over €4 an hour - for the two of us (that's STG£3.30 to be split two ways, fact fans).  For Saturday and Sunday evenings up to midnight.  They had neglected to mention that these hours wouldn't be at her "regular" hourly wage (never mind overtime), but rather at minimum wage, which was then taxed at the maximum rate because it was tacked on as overtime to her monthly wages.  I'd love to complain to her wankstain of a boss, but frankly we need the money.  Plus it beats my earnings for last month of €500 for 200 hours.  I am enjoying this recession, I must say.

staticgirl