Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 28 September, 2010, 07:51:46 PM
Sometimes just a simple 'thanks' really helps Peter and I think this goes for most of us in our chosen careers. It's not hard to say but to receive it can make all the difference.

All i got in return was something along the lines of what i sold him was "Crap" so i even offered to give him his money back but curiously he wanted to keep it  :-\

I do all the running around and i have to make the calls and all the rest of it and i didnt make anything out of it and its not like i am annoyed because he has called round to borrow a cup of sugar too many times as this is more serious than that.The time before that when i wasnt able to sort him out he decided to get a bit stroppy so i thought then there were going to be problems and i thought to myself "why am i doing this anyway ??"

And no this isnt my career as it was a complete one off.

I was insulted to say the least when i expected some gratitude.The guy is a complete Tit and doesnt even realise it and it just amazes me how rude some people are and i was sick of him calling round to use my landline when he is one of those types who is too tight to pay for his own amongst other things.

If someone causes me problems then they are out as it keeps my life simple that way.Its more like one strike and you are out with me never mind 3.3 is too generous and i just know if someone does something once they will do it again and again so whats the point ??

People can be very predictable and if it was a choice between knowing people like that and not knowing anyone i would rather not know anyone.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

GordonR

Quote from: The Cosh on 29 September, 2010, 12:56:47 AM
I went to the monthly film quiz at the GFT tonight and they had a quotes round plucked exclusively from eighties sci-fi films (a subgenre which makes up about 60% of my meagre DVD collection) and I still got two wrong.

See how you do:

- Why are things so heavy in the future?

- I dunno what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is.

Back To The Future.

The Thing.

(First one's a lock, not so sure about the second one - think it's spoken just befor they go into the dog pen and see The Thing for the first time.)

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteI was insulted to say the least when i expected some gratitude.The guy is a complete Tit and doesnt even realise it and it just amazes me how rude some people are and i was sick of him calling round to use my landline when he is one of those types who is too tight to pay for his own amongst other things.

I think the correct term is 'parasite'. There are plenty of them out there, sadly
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

I, Cosh

Quote from: GordonR on 29 September, 2010, 07:49:58 AM
Quote from: The Cosh
- Why are things so heavy in the future?

- I dunno what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is.
Back To The Future.

The Thing.

(First one's a lock, not so sure about the second one - think it's spoken just befor they go into the dog pen and see The Thing for the first time.)
Spot on. I said Back to the Future 2 for the first and had a complete blank on The Thing.
We never really die.

COMMANDO FORCES

Sam's school phoned at 11:45 and woke me up, damn!
Still I had an interesting conversation, they could not find his packed lunch that my good lady had put in his daysack, so they had given him a school dinner. No probs, I thought.
Just now as I came into the dining room to come on here, what did I see on the table  ::)

Proudhuff

Quote from: Dandontdare on 24 September, 2010, 12:14:44 PM
I'll do it for nothing! I'll pay my own train fare and bring my own sandwiches as well.

I'll do that and I'll help with the lacing up, pasty sticking, stocking ajusting....
DDT did a job on me

House of Usher

I came home from a hard day's labouring to find we're out of both bread and orange juice. I had to have pitta bread with my soup and vermouth with my absinthe.
STRIKE !!!

Tiplodocus

"and vermouth with my absinthe. "

Those words perfectly match your profile pcture.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

TordelBack

Just had a former client on to me asking me to take over a moderately juicy job from another firm that had become 'uncontactable' and was on a deadline, and he was in a panic.  Rather than taking his arm off at the shoulder in order to feed my young, I rang the original company only to find their phones were indeed ringing out, so I tracked down a private mobile number for my 'uncontactable' colleague and told him how I'd been approached.  Apparently they'd just moved their office back to their home (same business collapse as the rest of us) and had just discovered that their business line wasn't diverting properly. 

This kind of panicky job-gazumping has been done to me countless times by my so-called professional colleagues (for all kind of spurious reasons), and I need the money so badly it genuinely hurts, but I still couldn't do it - it's not professional, and it's not right.  So why do I feel like a complete chump?  Darwin is having a right old laugh at me.

House of Usher

When I agreed to do a day's labouring out of town, I got another phonecall an hour later asking if I would like to do a morning's work that involves being on-site 40 minutes' drive away at 7.30am, with no travel allowance, for the princely sum of £24. I told them it wasn't worth my while that early in the day, that far away, for so few hours.

So they phoned me back a day later to offer me 80p more. It didn't make any difference.
STRIKE !!!

SquashedFly

One of the things you put over your ears just came off a pair of my glasses frames and the absolutely tiny screw thing fell on the carpet, so they are now only hanging on one ear  ::)  

Have needed new ones for a long time, oh well.

Keef Monkey

I'm moving flat a week tomorrow and haven't really bothered my arse packing. Noooooooo!

COMMANDO FORCES

There I was in the kitchen doing the pots, listening to a Best of Bowie CD when 'Under Pressure' came on.

As the song started and before I knew it, the words 'ICE ICE BABY' popped into my mind. COWELL I fucking hate you  >:D

worldshown

My week off is over with less than half of what I wanted to achieve not done.

Peter Wolf

I bought a new DVD that i am desperate to watch and the fucking thing wont play in my DVD player.

All i want to do is relax and watch a film but its clearly too much to ask.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death