Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 01 October, 2010, 08:05:23 PM
There I was in the kitchen doing the pots, listening to a Best of Bowie CD when 'Under Pressure' came on.

As the song started and before I knew it, the words 'ICE ICE BABY' popped into my mind. COWELL I fucking hate you  >:D

I had the same story recently but it was Gary Numan/Sugarbabes and some daft (young) woman at work who wouldn't accept which came first.

SmallBlueThing

In a similar vein, my wife recently bought a disco ball, and now says the words "disco ball" fairly regularly. Trouble is, every time she says "disco ball" i spontaneously hear lady gaga's irritating voice singing "i wanna take a ride on your disco stick" in my head, and inevitably i start singing it too. Just cant stop it, and it's driving me mad. In fact, just typing it here has made me do it again. Im doing it now.
SBT

Roger Godpleton

Let's have some fun, this beat is sick
I wanna take a ride on your disco stick

Huh!
Huh!

I wanna kiss you,
but if I do then I might miss you, babe
It's complicated and stupid
Got my ass squeezed by sexy Cupid
Guess he wants to play, wants to play
A lovegame, a lovegame

Hold me and love me
Just wanna touch you for a minute
Maybe three seconds is enough
For my heart to quit it

let's have some fun, this beat is sick
don't think too much, just bust that stick

Let's play a lovegame
Play a lovegame
Do you want love?
Or you want fame?
Are you in the game?
Doin' the lovegame

Let's play a lovegame
Play a lovegame
Do you want love?
Or you want fame?
Are you in the game?
Doin' the lovegame

Huh!

I'm on a mission
and it involves some heavy touching, yeah
You've indicated your interest
I'm educated in sex, yes
And now I want it bad, want it bad
A lovegame, a lovegame

Hold me and love me
just want touch you for a minute
Maybe three seconds is enough
For my heart to quit it

Don't think too much, just bust that stick

Let's play a lovegame
Play a lovegame
Do you want love?
Or you want fame?
Are you in the game?
Doin' the lovegame

Let's play a lovegame
Play a lovegame
Do you want love?
Or you want fame?
Are you in the game?
Doin' the lovegame

Huh!

I can see you staring there from across the block
with a smile on your mouth and your hand on your huh
The story of us, it always starts the same
with a boy and a girl and a huh and a game
And a game (huh)
And a game (huh)
And a game (huh)
A lovegame!

Let's play a lovegame
Play a lovegame
Do you want love?
Or you want fame?
Are you in the game?
Doin' the lovegame

Let's play a lovegame
Play a lovegame
Do you want love?
Or you want fame?
Are you in the game?
Doin' the lovegame

Let's play a lovegame
Play a lovegame
Do you want love
Or you want fame
Are you in the game (Let's have some fun this beat is sick)
Doin' the lovegame (I wanna take a ride on your disco stick)

Let's play a lovegame
Play a lovegame
Do you want love?
Or you want fame?
Are you in the game? (Don't think too much just bust that stick)
Doin' the lovegame (I wanna take a ride on your disco stick)

Huh!
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Roger Godpleton

Tuna smell and christmas pudding mixed together is still on my fingers.

TordelBack

That's what I call a good evening's work, Rog, but you better hope Santa doesn't find out.

Roger Godpleton

There was a bowl that had had tuna that had been manually mixed with mayonnaise in it earlier in the week.

Mother had made the Christmas Pudding, and had put some shavings in this bowl. Presumably so that the base of the pudding could be flat. We already had a whole Christmas Pudding left over from last year's Christmas, but that's a whole other story.

Earlier in the week I had contemplated eating those shavings, but I was unsure about whether the bowl had been washed between it containing homemade tuna mayonnaise and homemade Christmas Pudding shavings.

Evidently, I must have forgotten this earlier deliberation as I ate all of the Christmas Pudding shavings about 90 minutes ago.

I wondered why my fingers felt somewhat sticky, and why they smelt of fish. A wipe from a J-Cloth did not alleviate these ailments.

Then I remembered why I hadn't eaten the Christmas Pudding shavings in the first place.

I washed my hands with Sanex hand wash. Then I realized that whilst in the bath earlier on I had inspected the Sanex bottle and realized that what I thought had been hand wash had actually been bath foam.

I did not fingerbang Mary Christmas in a manner reminiscent of Don Draper. That is a scurrilous accusation on your part, and I shall be informing the Club of Irishmen about it and we shall see how they see fit to respond to my entirely non-scurrilous [F]ac[t]cusation.

SmallBlueThing

Im feeling very sick and sorry for myself, so im moving the following from the 'sometimes sort of okay' thread, where they really belong, to here. Just because, as i say, im feeling sorry for myself.

Firstly, that '4321' movie that's in your local video shop? That's co-directed by noel clarke and mark davis. I did media studies with mark, he was a good friend, and he and i went to one of the 'black sunday' horror festivals in london back in the early nineties. We also used to make camcorder movies together back in the day. He's made a proper movie and i havent.

Also, ive just heard that another good friend has been asked to paint the cover of 'Crabs: Apocalypse', the continuation of guy n smith's 'crabs' series.

I am feeling unsuccessful and rubbish.

SBT

Something Fishy

Feeling rather ill with an infection which is spreading even after two weeks of ab's.  In fact it's making me feel really awful since yesterday.

Have to grin and bare it though as it's my sons birthday

Peter Wolf

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 02 October, 2010, 10:20:47 AM
Im feeling very sick and sorry for myself, so im moving the following from the 'sometimes sort of okay' thread, where they really belong, to here. Just because, as i say, im feeling sorry for myself.

Firstly, that '4321' movie that's in your local video shop? That's co-directed by noel clarke and mark davis. I did media studies with mark, he was a good friend, and he and i went to one of the 'black sunday' horror festivals in london back in the early nineties. We also used to make camcorder movies together back in the day. He's made a proper movie and i havent.

Also, ive just heard that another good friend has been asked to paint the cover of 'Crabs: Apocalypse', the continuation of guy n smith's 'crabs' series.

I am feeling unsuccessful and rubbish.

SBT

Likewise.

I am not happy with my life at present.

I am not happy with where i am living.

I am not happy with my work because i am not getting enough of it

I am not happy that i am still waiting for a front of a building to be scaffolded and i am being pissed around by the scaffolder and i am that close to the client saying dont bother although they do realise its not my fault.If this job falls through i will have no work.There is more shit weather coming up which is going to delay everything even more.

I am not happy that there are scaffolders putting up scaffolding on a saturday morning up the front of the house behind.I knew this would happen but i didnt know it would be on Saturday morning and its making a hell of a row which is pissing me off.

There is someone else cutting something which is making a very loud high pitched whining noise.

I am going to have to go out as its purgatory.

I am not happy that the rest of my family are pissing off to Sri Lanka for a month and i am not because i am meant to be working and earning money except i am not for the reasons stated above.

My computer has a disc trapped inside it so it needs to go into a workshop and the constant - WHirrrr - Click - WHirrrr - Click - WHirr is driving me mental although it seems to have stopped temporarily.

I feel like i have mild depression.

I am deeply unhappy about the state of things in general and i have very deep concerns about where this country and others are going in the political sense.I wish i was like everyone else in the sense of being totally clueless and apathetic and disinterested about it but unfortunately i am not.I can switch off from it but that doesnt make the problem/s go away./

The church garden is going to be re-landscaped and its starting on Oct 13 and i am dreading it and i dont know what the end result of it is going to be and the company doing the work are complte and utter Wankers.

I am sick of it all.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

SmallBlueThing

I hear you Peter. My wife gets more and more successful in her career, mixing with more and more minor celebs, and im just feeling- well, basically shit. Need to do something to feed my desires! Hang in there, sir!
SBT

Peter Wolf

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 02 October, 2010, 12:26:45 PM
I hear you Peter. My wife gets more and more successful in her career, mixing with more and more minor celebs, and im just feeling- well, basically shit. Need to do something to feed my desires! Hang in there, sir!
SBT

Lets try and do that and do something asbout it.

I was up in London last weekend and i used to live up there myself and when i got home i said to my Dad that i dont feel like i am living properly now compared to how i used to live and its the same for my Mum and Dad as they have taken a hit in the manufactured recession and they are not happy either and i am not only unhappy about as i am also angry about it all as well.

There are people left right and centre losing out on everything they have worked and saved for and in some cases losing everything because of it.Its no joke and my future has been adversely affected by it .
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

House of Usher

Hmmm. Yeah. It's like when you sign up with a tutoring agency that supplies cover for schools when teachers are off for training, illness or maternity leave. If you've got two crap A levels and a B.Ed. you can be employed to do teaching for £80 a day, but if you've got a Ph.D. and a PGCE for teaching post-16 all you can get outside of a sixth form college is babysitting for £50 a day. I can get that sticking the cardboard hanging labels on packaging in a warehouse.
STRIKE !!!

staticgirl

I know it's against the law to lie on your cv and claim you have degrees that you don't but is it against the law to leave things off?

I still have a sore throat lingering long after the main tonsillitis cleared up. It's getting on my tits.

Rog69

Quote from: staticgirl on 02 October, 2010, 09:04:17 PM
I know it's against the law to lie on your cv and claim you have degrees that you don't but is it against the law to leave things off?

I still have a sore throat lingering long after the main tonsillitis cleared up. It's getting on my tits.

I'm pretty sure you don't need to put that on your CV  :)

Paul faplad Finch

Upon hearing of this Poundland Robocop DVD bonanza on this vey board I rang my sister. "Is there a Poundland anywhere around here?" I asked. I was assured that there was indeed a Poundland in the local shopping towns high street. I had never noticed it bt what the hell, if she knows anything she knows shopping.

I trudged into town today, and what an unpleasant day it was, puring down with rain, wind blowing, very nasty. Got there, searched up the high street, searched down the high street. There is a Poundstretcher. There is a Poundworld. There is no Poundland.

Turns out she'd been thinking of the Poundworld. I got very wet and very cold and had nothing to show for it.

I did at least have a nice lunch in Cafe Le Milf.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read