Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Proudhuff

Quote from: TordelBack on 09 October, 2010, 09:33:59 AM
QuoteThe radio edit of "Fuck You" to "Forget You" really saps the fun out of that song.

Indeed, but I may be able to offer you some solace at this difficult time.

I awoke this morning with the perfect realisation that I am a complete fucking arsehole.  This was markedly different from the usual nagging feeling that this may be the case, in that it came bundled with a clear epistemology, a strong logical argument and copious (oh so copious)  supporting data.  Isn't the subconscious a wonder.  A complete reworking of my priorities is needed, and so it's adieu for the immediate.  Until next time, may your Transformers never ship in less than C-9 condition.

If you are, which from your postings here your not, you shouldn't listen to arseholes, the best bit of advice I ever got was 'don't beat yorself up about it' and it's true, there are plenty other aresholes outthere willing to do that, no use in helping them!

DDT did a job on me

staticgirl

TB - I always got the opposite impression of you. I hope it works out.

COMMANDO FORCES

While driving to work last night, I was overtaken by two fire engines as I approached a fixed speed camera. I slowed down to 22mph as the first engine passed me and we both entered the marked area. Strangely, as he sped through at more than 30mph and then left the trap I was flashed in the bloody trap.

HOW DOES THAT WORK  ::)

Peter Wolf

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 13 October, 2010, 05:36:27 PM
While driving to work last night, I was overtaken by two fire engines as I approached a fixed speed camera. I slowed down to 22mph as the first engine passed me and we both entered the marked area. Strangely, as he sped through at more than 30mph and then left the trap I was flashed in the bloody trap.

HOW DOES THAT WORK  ::)

As you have a Blackbox in the truck it will prove that you werent over the speed limit so if you are ticketed they will have to capitulate.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

COMMANDO FORCES

This was in my car Peter.
I can't wait to see what happens, as at last I will be able to battle to the death with the powers that be  :D

Obviously it's their death I'm on about!

Keef Monkey

Xbox died today, just as I need to sit in for 2 days straight waiting for furniture being delivered! EEK! Only a minor impediment because it gave me an excuse to buy a nice new shiny slinky one.

House of Usher

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 13 October, 2010, 06:55:34 PM
I can't wait to see what happens, as at last I will be able to battle to the death with the powers that be  :D

Sort it out, CF! Make them prove it was you and not a fire engine that did it.
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 13 October, 2010, 06:55:34 PM
This was in my car Peter.

Obviously it's their death I'm on about!

There is one very simple rule to follow and that is NEVER to respond to their letter which will be adressed to your legal title/Strawman which in your case will be MR followed by your full name.I cant recall right now if your name has to be printed in upper case or not so i will doublecheck.

In the meantime i will find a copy of a letter which is worded in a very specific way which is effective against requests from govt agencies for payment of fines and parking tickets and that type of thing.The letter i have is a template where you dont change the wording and just add your own details.

This is just something to have up your sleeve if they are difficult with you so if you want the details before you respond if it isnt dropped then send a PM.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Cyberleader2000

my evangelion unit 04 model kit has a scuff on it now this its self is not a problem on most model kits as you can paint over only problem is the blasted thing is chrome not shiney chrome but that dull sort. >:(

Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

SmallBlueThing

Got home last night at 9.15, fixed the laptop and the ps3, which my wife that buggered during the day, spent three hours pottering around with the vague idea that there was something i should be doing, and went to bed.
Got up at six thirty for work this morning, only to realise that i hadnt read my prog or meg, which had been sitting on the table all night.
Arsebiscuits.
SBT

Dandontdare

I printed out my paypal receipt for BICS, my hotel reservation, train confirmation and even a map showing the hotel, the convention centre and the pub - and I put them all somewhere safe. Very, very safe apparently, 'cos I can't find the buggers.

uncle fester

Quote from: Dandontdare on 14 October, 2010, 11:53:04 AM
I printed out my paypal receipt for BICS, my hotel reservation, train confirmation and even a map showing the hotel, the convention centre and the pub - and I put them all somewhere safe. Very, very safe apparently, 'cos I can't find the buggers.

This happens to me every day in some form or another :)

House of Usher

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 13 October, 2010, 10:45:57 PM
There is one very simple rule to follow and that is NEVER to respond to their letter which will be adressed to your legal title/Strawman

Are you quite certain? As far as I know, if you don't respond you incur further penalties.

How do you challenge the prosecution in court without responding to the letter?
STRIKE !!!

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: House of Usher on 14 October, 2010, 12:33:17 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 13 October, 2010, 10:45:57 PM
There is one very simple rule to follow and that is NEVER to respond to their letter which will be adressed to your legal title/Strawman

Are you quite certain? As far as I know, if you don't respond you incur further penalties.

How do you challenge the prosecution in court without responding to the letter?

It is technically true that the person named on your Birth Certificate and the actual biological person to whom that Birth Certificate was issued are not the same entity. Your Birth Certificate is like a bond, something the Government can point to and use as collateral for the National Debt (ie, evidence of a tax payer). This throws up many intriguing possibilities, not least of which is the relatively new idea of "Accepted for Value." (To oversimplify, every bill you receive is actually an asset to the issuing company, worth its face value as part of the National Debt. For example, a water bill for £100 represents £100 worth of the National Debt and is also "worth" £100 to the water company because they expect you to pay it. In many respects, a bill is entirely similar to a cheque. If you set up your Birth Certificate correctly, lodging it with the Bank of England as a bond, you can technically acknowledge that the £100 bill is worth £100 and charge it to your bond. £100 is then removed from the National Debt and paid to the Water Company, settling your bill, paying the Water Company and reducing the National Debt all at the same time. It's quite a bit more involved than that, but this is the basic idea.)

Whilst it is true that any bill or summons or parking ticket isn't technically issued to you but to your birth certificate/bond, you need to be really knowledgeable about the technicalities before you argue such a thing in court. Much as courts may be maligned, you can trust them to follow their own procedures (both technical and behavioral) and they do not tolerate sloppy preparation. If you want to play them at their own game, you have to know the rules.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]