Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Mardroid on 19 November, 2010, 06:46:03 AM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 17 November, 2010, 10:00:10 PM
I have been trying to trace a house i lived in Haslemere in Surrey for a short period sometime in the early to mid 70s which i think was 6 months.I want to retrace my childhood and the house has always stuck in my mind as its some of my earliest memories one of which is seeing red squirrels in the trees at the end of the garden.No one else in my family can remember the address but i can still recall what the house looked like.

Red squirrels in Surrey? That reminds me of a friend who told me that she remembers red squirrels in Greenwich Park. I thought she must be mistaken as I didn't realise they were that far South so recently. What with Grey squirrels introduced in Victorian times, I mean. It's as if the reds died out all of a sudden.

That was 1975 at the latest when i saw them.
Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 19 November, 2010, 07:45:24 AM
We had reds in alexendra park in Hastings when i was a nipper. Dont think there are any now, having been replaced by greys and a few blacks.

This early morning message brought to you by communist paranoia, abduction delusion and the BNP.

SBT

I never saw any red squirrels in St.Helens Woods that i lived next door to from about 1979 as it was grey squirrels but i did see the odd white squirrel which is a mutation.I think the black squirrels are the same rather than an official species.

Its joining the Common Market wot got rid of red squirrels !  :lol:

The only location where they are now found is Brownsea Island.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Dunk!

Because I can get to London from my home town in an hour 45mins, yet Leeds, which seems to be about the same distance on the map, takes 3 hours to get to.

And that's with a hangover.
"Trust we"

Christov

Dropping out of University with zero prospects and undeniably worthless A levels.

FML.

Buuuuuuut if anybody would like to hire me as a writer (comics, screenplays, the backs of condom wrappers), my schedule suddenly became a lot more open.

Colin Zeal

I also dropped out of Uni and have shite A Levels. That was nine years ago but I'm now doing a job that I like and which pays well. It's not the end of the world Cristov.

mogzilla

... i was going to take mini mog to preston to find a pressy for her mum's birthday but ...the english defense league are having a demonstration at the same time as the united against fascism lot on and i'm informed millwall are coming as well to play preston....

i expect preston will be on the news at the weekend with all the aggro...

so its either to chorley or wait til theyve rebuilt preston.

COMMANDO FORCES

Let's hope no students turn up as well, or there will be a bloodbath!

Emperor

Earlier I fell up the stairs and strained my perineum. :o

Seems to be no lasting damage, not something I'd like to explain to the doctor, I'm not sure I'd be too enthusiastic about going in the stirrups!!
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Emperor on 30 November, 2010, 12:08:31 AM

, I'm not sure I'd be too enthusiastic about going in the stirrups!!

I dont know how you do that as i tried it and i couldnt get further than 1 step upwards.

Also i would have a rest for a few days before going back on the horse again.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Mardroid

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 19 November, 2010, 10:22:30 AM
Quote from: Mardroid on 19 November, 2010, 06:46:03 AM
Red squirrels in Surrey? That reminds me of a friend who told me that she remembers red squirrels in Greenwich Park. I thought she must be mistaken as I didn't realise they were that far South so recently. What with Grey squirrels introduced in Victorian times, I mean. It's as if the reds died out all of a sudden.

That was 1975 at the latest when i saw them.

Year of my birth! My friend is a few years younger so maybe they died out much more recently than I thought.

TordelBack

Quote from: Emperor on 30 November, 2010, 12:08:31 AM

The wife (no stranger to the stressed perineum) suggests massaging it with pine-nut oil.  She wouldn't do that for me, mind.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 19 November, 2010, 10:22:30 AM
Its joining the Common Market wot got rid of red squirrels !  :lol:

The only location where they are now found is Brownsea Island.
And all over Galloway and the Borders: http://www.red-squirrels.org.uk/see-red-squirrels.asp
We never really die.

vzzbux

My wife's costochondritis has now intensified, aggravated by a chest infection. The doctor prescribed her Diclofenic sodium on top of her Ranitidine and she reacted badly. Our coutis didn't help the matter and now she is on eighteen tablets a day for the next few months after a visit to A&E, and I don't think we will be having any rumpy pumpy for a while.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

staticgirl

The poor woman! I hope she feels better much quicker than that!

mogzilla

woke with a bad back on tuesday which got progressivly worser as the day went on...deep heat hot baths and paramol and its easing on day two hoprefully be well to root for the decs in the attic.

Dandontdare

It's the office christmas party tonight and I'm working till 8. All my mates are already out having pre-do drinkies, while I'm sitting here in my best clobber clockwatching and manning a phone that hardly ever rings on a Friday evening.

I do look particularly fine tonight though.