Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

I was punching myself in the face and I punched too hard
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

COMMANDO FORCES

mogzilla

Quote from: vzzbux on 12 February, 2011, 11:20:52 PM
Quote from: mogzilla on 12 February, 2011, 10:01:15 PM
maybe some sort of tight meshy "bag" to keep the bugger bound for the couple of mins ?
That's all the cling film method is really.

V

ahh,thatll teach me not to read posts properly i thought it was a dangly cling film over edge of pan in which case it would melt :-[

gonna give it a go for tea or whenever. :)

House of Usher

Tomorrow is the first day of my new working pattern of midweek 6am starts, so I have to go to bed at 10pm. Also I've got two students I agreed to help by looking at their work and writing them some supplementary notes, but those notes are overdue. Good job both of them have March deadlines for their assignments.

I'm pretty tired. I'll look at it tomorrow when I've got eight hours to spare, and hope they don't get too panicky in the meantime. I'm not doing other people's homework for them on Valentine's Day anyway.

:|

Update: nah, I've had feedback from both of them and they're okay with it. Early night then with a clear conscience.
STRIKE !!!

SuperSurfer

This weekend I was given a couple of quid extra change than I should've in a shop. It wasn't an independent shop but a very large chain. If it was an indie, I would've gone back. I had money put back on my Oyster (travel) card as I was recently overcharged. Then I came across an unopened small envelope which I was given as a birthday present – no idea how many years ago. Had a tenner in it.

Flipside: I reminded someone at work by email a few weeks ago that I hadn't paid for Christmas work meal. She was back in today. I owe £45!!! I'll mention that I left a couple of hours before some of the others who carried on drinking but I won't push the point.

Bah.

House of Usher

Hmmm. Bad move! The smart thing to do would've been to work out your share of the bill and leave that amount of money on the table, rounded up to the nearest fiver to allow for ambiguities.
STRIKE !!!

TordelBack

Quote from: House of Usher on 15 February, 2011, 03:57:50 PM
Hmmm. Bad move! The smart thing to do would've been to work out your share of the bill and leave that amount of money on the table, rounded up to the nearest fiver to allow for ambiguities.

Plus the extra tenner you always have to put in because one or two unknown people seem to have mysteriously avoided paying any actual cash, despite being ticked off on the 'paid' list.  These are usually the ones that were quaffing brandies all night.  Grumble.

House of Usher

Nope, no extra tenner from me. I paid before I left!
STRIKE !!!

TordelBack

Quote from: House of Usher on 15 February, 2011, 04:43:39 PM
Nope, no extra tenner from me. I paid before I left!

For all those brandies?  I think not.  That's the problem with wearing a burgundy frock coat - you're the obvious suspect.

House of Usher

Well I didn't order them! I left before the brandy.
STRIKE !!!

Keef Monkey

Just came home to some woman watching her dog poop on the pavement in front of my door. I did ask her if she was planning on picking it up but she just looked confused and walked away. Well annoyed me that.

House of Usher

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 15 February, 2011, 04:55:24 PM
Just came home to some woman watching her dog poop on the pavement in front of my door. I did ask her if she was planning on picking it up but she just looked confused and walked away. Well annoyed me that.

You should have followed her home. If she asked what you were up to, you could have said "I want to see if there's dogshit on the pavement outside your house as well."
STRIKE !!!

SmallBlueThing

Or you could do what my neighbour did, upon someone doing the same thing outside his front step: go and have a blazing row with them, then kick -yes, kick- the splatty pile of dogshit at them. But he is completely mad and has anger management issues.
SBT

SuperSurfer

Quote from: House of Usher on 15 February, 2011, 03:57:50 PM
True. I just stuffed my face and scarpered without even thinking about paying. Guess that serves me right.

As for dogs crapping/pissing on walls I had a go at someone who was letting his dog piss up the wall where we live. Me: "Oy!" Him: "What?" "Your dog is pissing on my wall" "So?" "Take it to piss up your own wall" "I do". Can't remember the exact abuse I gave him following that.

Kerrin