Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

One of the smartest bands in the country, Oceansize have just split up. The selfish bastards.

SmallBlueThing

In my efforts to track books around my local waterstones, following events on the FLU thread, today i had a browse. Heh. I found:
Charley's War vol 6 in the 'war' section.
JD casefiles 15 in the 'humour' section.
max brooks' world war z in the 'humour' section.
the recent dan dare 'biography' in the 'humour section'.
and still hoo-haa's Flu sits in 'teenage'.
:-/
SBT

vzzbux

Apparently some scientist or whatever has deemed it unhealthy to eat Red Meat regularly, in moderation is the advice.
Well bollocks to you all. If I listened to all the advice and scare mongering that hits the news that some commissioned group has done I wouldn't eat or drink anything and would be shit scared to leave my home, which also is a death trap.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Mardroid

Quote from: vzzbux on 25 February, 2011, 06:25:45 PM
Apparently some scientist or whatever has deemed it unhealthy to eat Red Meat regularly, in moderation is the advice.

Right! Apparently we're in bigger risk of bowel cancer assuming it's the same source. I heard it from a pretty news lady*. They said the intake should be the equivalent of 2 sausages...

Yeah, I don't worry about that too much.. although it's probably not a bad idea to cut back a bit.

*One for that other thread.

Noisybast

Quote from: Mardroid on 26 February, 2011, 02:47:38 AM
They said the intake should be the equivalent of 2 sausages...

So practically no meat at all, then?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

COMMANDO FORCES

After the England match I took Sam down to Pizza Hut, that's right folks no cooking for me again. Anyway we sat at our table and waited for over 10 minutes before we were asked what drinks we wanted, so when the waitress came over I put the full order in so as to save delays.
There was only one complicated (not really if you ask me) part. We wanted a large pizza to share but when the mushrooms go on, to put them on 3 out of the 8 slices as that is the part Sam will eat and due to him being 12 he'll be eating less than me.

I heard the waitress give the order to the cretin doing the food, she had to explain that it wasn't a half and half pizza a few times but it was less than half with mushrooms.

When it came to the serving hatch I heard her again saying that this is not what the customer ordered. He obviously took it back and just moved the mushrooms off my part.

The meal then arrives and Sam jumps straight in and starts eating a slice. I on the other hand can see small bits of mushroom all over the fucking thing. I pick them off and place them on Sam's slices. Now comes the worst part, the thing was luke warm! What do I do, get another one and probably have spit mixed in or just eat the thing, especially as Sam was not complaining (not that he would).

I thought, you know what John, just this once eat it and just bugger off without an argument. By the time I ate my last slice it was stone cold and by God I ate fast.

The waitress then returns and says "How was everything Sir?" I looked up at her and (amazingly for me) politely said in hushed tones, so as not to embarrass her. "That was luke warm when I started eating it and stone cold when I started the last slice. When we order a pizza delivery it turns up hotter than that. I also heard you tell that cretin in there what the order was a few times at the window and even when it was ready it was still wrong, yes I heard it all from here." At this point I could see her lip quiver and a tear start to form. I reassured her that I had no problem with her service but the rest of the team had let her down big time and this was the reason I was speaking so quietly as I didn't want her to feel embarrassed from a shouting customer. She couldn't apologise enough and was very helpful the rest of the time and kept apologising. I told her that when they have a team debriefing or whatever they do, they want to have serious words with the so called 'chefs'.

When the bill came she had knocked a part of the bill off and I still gave her a tip as I felt her service was great and like I said she was let down by others.

All in all a great evening out for me and Sam  :D

TordelBack

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 26 February, 2011, 11:31:50 PMI told her that when they have a team debriefing or whatever they do, they want to have serious words with the so called 'chefs'.

Not done much restaurant work then, CF?   :D

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: TordelBack on 26 February, 2011, 11:34:50 PM
Not done much restaurant work then, CF?   :D

I've eaten in a lot. I suppose you'll be telling me that they don't have such a thing.
You do realise what this means if they don't, I will have to charge into the kitchen and disarm the first chef of his knife and thrust it through his eye. Perhaps that would get the message across  ;)

Rog69

Just called up British Gas because my final bill (I've switched to a cheaper supplier) sounded expensive at £420. I went through my previous bills and meter readings with them and it turns out that I actually owe them over £600.
Fucking bollocks.

Roger Godpleton

FUCK YOU ABC I'M OLD ENOUGH TO DECIDE WHETHER I WANT TO SEE WILL ARNETT'S WANG.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Cthulouis

Because today I'm having a wisdom tooth pulled out :(

SmallBlueThing

I, Cosh

Isn't this about the ten millionth time that's been listed?
We never really die.

Emp

Possibly. But it just goes to show that the bloody thing never sells :)

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: The Cosh on 01 March, 2011, 06:06:13 PM
Isn't this about the ten millionth time that's been listed?

Possibly, but I've not seen it before- or the prog #0 page of Mach One (or "Probe" or "A Man Called PROBE" or whatever).

But this did make me laugh.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Robin-1913-French-Watercolor-Original-Comic-Book-Art-/350279199585?pt=Art_Paintings&hash=item518e446b61

It should I guess go on the Ebay mentalism thread... but it's not really mental, just (in my illeducated art opinion) very, very bad. In fact, I could happily knock you up ten of them over the next hour, if you'd deliver me ten boards, some brushes, a picture of Burt Ward, and a fucking blindfold.

SBT