Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogzilla

Quote from: Proudhuff on 29 March, 2011, 04:54:07 PM
Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 29 March, 2011, 04:16:01 PM
Tom Baker's face to come zooming up the tunnel
SBT

I think Tom would like that!

glad it wasnt just me thinking the dr who theme to try and belay the pain...ddd, go for sedation no matterwhat it aint pleasant and the gas and air dont cut it especialy when they find a tricky bit... oh and the moviprep is vile! i didnt drink  both sachets (didnt atually need to ouch!!!

Emp

Finish work for 5 days and thought it would be a good chance to relax, do some reading and generally do a whole lot of nothing.
Unfortunatlry the house next to me has been sold and people are in ripping it to bits so they can remodernise it.As it is i'm just waiting for a drill bit to appear above the monitor.

So much for a quiet few days ::)

House of Usher

A day's work in a supermarket: £50
A day's work providing cover, not teaching, as a supply teacher: £50
STRIKE !!!

Dandontdare

Quote from: mogzilla on 29 March, 2011, 07:31:17 PM
oh and the moviprep is vile! i didnt drink  both sachets (didnt atually need to ouch!!!

Tell me about it - I'm just chugging the last glass of my two litres of the disgusting stuff and it's like Niagara Falls round the back. In the leaflet it says "go to bed when you stop going to the toilet for example at 11 o'clock"  note: it doesn't say you will stop by 11 o'clock!

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Dandontdare on 29 March, 2011, 09:52:02 PM
oh and the moviprep is vile! i didnt drink  both sachets (didnt atually need to ouch!!!

Tell me about it - I'm just chugging the last glass of my two litres of the disgusting stuff and it's like Niagara Falls round the back. In the leaflet it says "go to bed when you stop going to the toilet for example at 11 o'clock"  note: it doesn't say you will stop by 11 o'clock!

That's easily the worst part, trying to drink that stuff without puking! I was wretching with every mouthful. I'd bought a can of Fanta and just looked at it every now and then so I knew I had a nice tasty reward at the end.

The actual bumcam ordeal isn't too bad, if they hit a rough patch it can be pretty sore (like really intense trapped wind) but that doesn't last long. Plus the drugs are absolutely fantastic, I'm sure I was watching the screen and babbling something about making an FMV videogame where you have to 'open all the bumdoors'.

Proudhuff

Its cheered me up knowing I'm NOT getting this in the near future!!  :D
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Quote from: Proudhuff on 30 March, 2011, 12:02:10 PM
Its cheered me up knowing I'm NOT getting this in the near future!!  :D

Yes indeed.  I'm adding this to my Reverse-Bucket List, along with felching and Eat Pray Love.

mogzilla

Quote from: Dandontdare on 29 March, 2011, 09:52:02 PM

heh, i was still at it half an hour before the procedure!

mogzilla

...oh and minor impediment is mini came home with a rash yesterday we thought it was insect bites as shes started a mini beast club at school which involves crawling in bushes looking for insects...but the wife has broke out today so a trip to the dr has revealed chicken pox... thats 3 times shes had it now and mrs mog has had it before so its looking like she might be shingly... this on top of a wierd do of her blood pressure plummeting and her heart rate racing causing her to collapse last week (mini did a sterling job looking after mummy gave her a pillow and took her temp and phoned nanna) shes had to have an ecg and a chest xray today....

impediments? check
procession? oh yes!

just hope its not me next a) just gone back after a couple of days off for puking
                          b) a colleague has just gotten pregnant after her and her hubby have been going hell for leather with ivf....

itchy...scratchy....

Dandontdare

Well the bum-cam was a fuss over nothing. The fasting and laxative were by far the worst part. The hospital was like a swish hotel and the sedative knocked me right out. That's the 2nd minor procedure I've had recently under sedation and both times I was out like a light - maybe my brain's just accustomed to slipping easilly into a drug-induceed amnesiac stupour!

They even gave me a souvenir photo of my colon to take home, which I now have 2 weeks to fret over ("should that bit look like that? Is that colour normal?") until I get my results.

Sorry to hear about the spotty family Mogz.

TordelBack

Quote from: Dandontdare on 31 March, 2011, 08:19:20 AM
The fasting and laxative were by far the worst part.

You know what they say:  the bottom falls out of your world when the world falls out of your bottom. 

Best of luck with the results, DDD. 

And Mogz - that sounds poxy.

mogzilla

the little mite started up chucking today so mrs rang the dr and the dr said no more monkeys bounc...no wait.... " we'll have to see her in the car as shes infectious"

so fucking patient dignity and confidentiality are out the fucking window cos shes 5 is it? consultations in car parks eh? what if my wife didnt drive? on tuesday they were made to wait in a corridor as it was which upset mini mogz no end...

i feel a complaint to the trust coming on even the two pregnant nurses werent worried about me possibly being a carrier today so why does a dr think he can treat my family like lepers?

COMMANDO FORCES

For Fucks Sake!

I had written about 90% of a rather long email to someone, with reference to a future commission and I decided that I needed a coke, so I popped into the kitchen to get one. As I returned to the computer I heard Sam say "Hotmail" and when I looked at the screen, he had deleted the whole bloody thing  >:(

It's a good job I love the little sod  ::)

SuperSurfer

Some twit upstairs or downstairs has a voice like a fucking foghorn.

On the go headphones and I sleep with earplugs every night.

God, when can we get out of this flat.

SmallBlueThing

Because our interior door's catch jammed this morning, five minutes before school. Meaning we couldnt get out of the house, without climbing out the front window. And now i have managed, flukily, to open it, so ive got the handies and mechanism off (scraping off fifty years of paint to do so) so i have to replace that today. Arses!
SBT