Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Something Fishy

Thanks mad.. nah it's nothing hence me considering it minor.  The good outweighs the bad for sure, its just a grumble.

sorry to hear about your changes but , at the same time, congrats on such a positive approach to it. 

Tiplodocus

Bah.  An extra £90 on the phone bill this month.  Somebody has been calling 0906 numbers.  It looks a well dodgy loan company out of Stockpart (CDF or Horizon or something).  Nobody in the house owning up to it (yet) - maybe they just got a phone call saying please call this number and fell for it.

Anyway, it's going to be a hassle trying to get the money back from either my crap phone company (pipex - just about impossible to talk to a human) or from this company (mainly because everything I see looks dodgy and I don't want to email them even more personal details in an attempt to get my money back just in case all of teh Helpful web pages are part of a meta-scam).

Either way, it looks like I'll be spending some time on the net and then the phone trying to contcat somebody who really doesn't want to be contacted or to give me back my money.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

mogzillazarus

had a distinct lack of sleep this weekend ,mini mog woke up around midnight friday night and proceeded to fill her bed with her dinner tea and inbetween snacks drinks etc ...so spent all day washing .then some kids had a majorly loud party further round the eastate but they might as well have been next door it was that loud with screaming shouting etc ...then this morning theres a fucking bouncy castle up!   >:(

strontium71

Quote from: mogzilla on 15 May, 2011, 11:29:25 AM
some kids had a majorly loud party further round the eastate but they might as well have been next door it was that loud with screaming shouting etc

Snap! Where I am woke me up at 3AM. It sounds like an old man's grumble but it really is no fucking respect for your neighbours. Why don't some people see this , I do not know!
...because I hate you.

mogzillazarus

Quote from: strontium71 on 15 May, 2011, 11:34:02 AM
Quote from: mogzilla on 15 May, 2011, 11:29:25 AM
some kids had a majorly loud party further round the eastate but they might as well have been next door it was that loud with screaming shouting etc

Snap! Where I am woke me up at 3AM. It sounds like an old man's grumble but it really is no fucking respect for your neighbours. Why don't some people see this , I do not know!

i even had a temazepam for my constant insomnia to no avail ended up on the couch til the wife woke me at 4 to let me know theyd shut up...

i actually wished i'd still had my air rifle i had a perfect sniping position and they wouldnt have heard.... :angel:

strontium71

Ha ha I know what you mean about the air rifle - mine was very accurate but I sold it. The temptation to fire one is very strong I have to admit..
...because I hate you.

mogzillazarus

i had a really cheap relum .22 with a slightly bent barrel but i used to go to a disused hospital and shoot old deo cans and could split a twig from 50m or more.

mogzilla

procession's the word,i'm now having a puky virally thing ,feel like crap/lead slept all day and probably pissed the boss off... :(

Tiplodocus

Turns out my middle finger is broken after all.

This explains the pain whenever I've tried to grip something tight with my left hand over the past five weeks.  Which I did a lot while laying the slabs around the greenhouse, decorating and tiling the floor of the utility room and taking a sledge hammer to the old woden frame and canopy outside the back door.

Oh well. I have some exercises to help it get better now.

Albion

My thick as shit neighbour regularly walks across my garden to get to the next house along from us as he is too lazy and stupid to walk ten feet up his path on to the pavement.
This morning he did it while I was standing by my front door. I said to him "Do you have to keep walking across my garden?"
His reply to this was to have a go at me for looking at him funny the other day when I pulled in to my drive when he was standing on it with his girlfriend and kids!

Some people are just so thick and have no respect for people around them. These people really should be put out of my misery.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

W. R. Logan

Put a water sprinkler on the garden and attach a motion sensor 8-)

I, Cosh

I was on holiday from work this week and looking forward to attending a friend's wedding today. About 36 hours ago, I discovered the wedding is actually next Thursday, so now I'm in the office without a full week off. Bah.
We never really die.

klute

My 4 year old has butchered my GTA san andreas ps2 disc :( fortunatly ebay is at hand :)
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Tiplodocus

Have you tried gently rubbing it with a soft cloth with Brasso?

(I'm not telling you which impediment this solution relates to).

House of Usher

Today I bought a bottle of (Harvey's) Amontillado and discovered I don't like it and would rather be drinking Harvey's Bristol Cream.

It gets worse. Deborah laughed and said "but you didn't like it last time you bought a bottle, about six years ago." She has a longer memory than I do!

Then I checked the receipt. The shelf-edge label gave the price as having £1.56 off, but it went through the till at full price. If it hadn't been for the special offer price I wouldn't have been tempted to splash out and I would've saved my money instead.
STRIKE !!!