Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

FARCRY 2 's interact button 'e' doesn't work. I can't go on in the game and I'm barely in the first episode. I can't pick up the health pack and the UBisoft patch won't load up aborting itself with an error message. My machine has Malaria more than the Merc Scum I was playing as.

Alright it was only £7 from STEAM but you know-frustrating! Don't see a fix for this one it's another Call of Cthulu moment. My Graphics card did for that one.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

House of Usher

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 01 June, 2011, 08:11:39 PM
Perhaps someone knows better than i do

You may be onto something there.

The great advantage of an electric shower is that the water temperature is constant and instantly adjustable. Another advantage is the water pressure. I once rented a house with a shower over the bath - a shower was a prerequisite for me when choosing a place to rent - but when I moved in I found that because the immersion tank was in the bathroom and lower than the shower it was impossible to get a sufficient flow of hot water to the shower. I told the landlady, who replied "Oh, we didn't put the shower in - the previous tenant did." So that's alright then.

A third advantage of an electric shower, if you live with other people, is that it stays hot even if someone decides to run a tap in the kitchen while you're showering. It doesn't suddenly go freezing cold then scald you because the flow of hot water from the tank has been interrupted.

Also I am told that showering electric is cheaper in the long run than showering from a hot water tank because of the volume of water that has to be heated all in one go to fill a tank. Maybe you can get a satisfactory shower just as cheaply from a mixer tap if you have a combination boiler. I don't see why not but I haven't put it to the test.
STRIKE !!!

Banners

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM
FARCRY 2 's interact button 'e' doesn't work.

I wouldn't bother. Far Cry 2 is by far the worst game I have had the misfortune to buy in recent memory. As bad as it is now, it won't get any better...

IAMTHESYSTEM

Ah well. Cheers for the reply Banners. It seems I'm not missing out on much but I always enjoyed the original FARCRY so hoped this would be good too.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Something Fishy

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 01 June, 2011, 08:11:39 PM
I dont get the purpose of electric showers and if your shower doubles up as a bath [over the bath] then just run the shower off the hot and cold water as you dont have electric baths.

Perhaps someone knows better than i do even though i have refurbished various flats and houses ?

We have one as we have no Gas or Oil and thus only heat the main tank at night with electric.  To run our showers would empty it really quickly I think so we have a seperate electric shower.

Peter Wolf

Thanks for the replies as i have only ever run straight off the hot/cold from combi boilers and you can compensate for the loss of hot water if its used by others with a thermostatic mixer tap.A couple of flats i refurbed had constant hot water from a very large communal boiler or tank or whatever it was as they were in a block of flats and not only that the pressure of both the hot and cold was very high so you had the kind of shower that blasts you with water so hard it almost hurt the skin.No idea how that was possible.

I havent seen an immersion heater for years either.

Other than that i dont know very much as i dont get involved in plumbing as its someone elses job and what i mean by that is for example you never see electric showers in wet rooms as its always run from the hot and cold with thermostatic mixers but i have no idea why.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Spaceghost

I cut my finger open quite badly on the grill from a disposable barbecue whilst away camping at the weekend.

It bled for ages and is now sloooowly healing. I'm on antibiotics in case it's infected and it keeps hurting like buggery. Not only that but I've lost all feeling in the tip of my finger. Don't know if this is temporary or not.

And, to add insult to injury, It's my index finger on my drawing hand so all these art projects I'm (supposed to be) working on, which I'm already behind schedule on, are to going to be delayed by a further couple of weeks at least.

Shit and buggeration.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Colin Zeal

I had to bribe a bouncer a tenner to let me and a mate into a bar last night. He wasn't going to let us in as there was a 21st birthday party going on. I'm only 30, but it was the first time in my life I've been the oldest person in a pub/bar. And now just to make feel even older I've got a rotten hangover.

I, Cosh

Could you not just have gone to a different bar?
We never really die.

House of Usher

Quote from: The Cosh on 03 June, 2011, 10:18:02 AM
Could you not just have gone to a different bar?

He'd still have the hangover if he'd gone to a different bar. And this one was full of nubile 20-year-olds. QED.
STRIKE !!!

Colin Zeal

It was the only place open at the time I went in. The moment when I realised that I was a bit out of place was when I got talking to a woman and the only thing we had in common was doing English Literature at A Level. The difference being that while she finished hers two years ago, I finished mine about 11 years back.

House of Usher

Quote from: Colin Zeal on 03 June, 2011, 10:30:17 AM
I got talking to a woman and the only thing we had in common was doing English Literature at A Level

You smooth operator! A-level talk. The chicks totally dig that.  ;)
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Banners on 02 June, 2011, 07:20:47 PM

I wouldn't bother. Far Cry 2 is by far the worst game I have had the misfortune to buy in recent memory. As bad as it is now, it won't get any better...

I have started playing FarCry 2 and i am liking the African setting so what is so terribly bad about it  ?

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

House of Usher

Shower's fixed. I still don't know what the trouble was.
STRIKE !!!

Rog69

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 03 June, 2011, 06:04:34 PM
Quote from: Banners on 02 June, 2011, 07:20:47 PM

I have started playing FarCry 2 and i am liking the African setting so what is so terribly bad about it  ?

Long travel times and re-spawning enemies at checkpoints you already cleared seem to be the biggest complaints, I picked it up myself in a Steam sale for a couple of quid but have yet to play it because of those annoyances.

My impediment is that my new fake dog poo (trod in style) doesn't quite sit right on the floor which ruins the effect.