Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

Sympathy HoU. I used to get up at 5.00 AM, then 5.30 Am when I got my car- for SEVEN years!

Hopefully you won't have to it for that long.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Rog69

My nearly two year old daughter has recently discovered the delights of Play-do.

She calls it pea-do though, which didn't really click until I was pushing her along in the supermarket trolley earlier and she spied some on the shelf of Asda's toy section and started shouting "Daddy pea-do, Daddy pea-do" at the top of her voice :-[.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

mogzilla

"pea do" as its now known is hell to shift from the carpet if it gets in there!

mogzilla

i'm on a safeguarding course tomorrow morning which is good despite the fact itll play heck on my hip/back sitting for hours. just the pain of getting back to preston on public transport so in the event the buses are on time/no hold ups i'll be in work 1 - 1 1/2 hours

strontium71

Quote from: mogzilla on 12 June, 2011, 09:02:18 PM
"pea do" as its now known is hell to shift from the carpet if it gets in there!

You're on about pea-doh stains are you?
...because I hate you.

Proudhuff

a box containing cutlery and mugs seems to have gone AWOL during our move... strange its just that one that is missing, still might mean I HAVE to buy the new JD mug
DDT did a job on me

mogzilla

had a really good morning on a course and had to go back to work cue hour and a half bus ride with a quick stop for a butty to take in ...i ate the butty when i arrived then got told off for it! apparently i should have eaten it on the bus as she expects me to start as soon as i came in...if id have known that id have had a very long lunch out as the bugger would never have known how long the buses took.
  then due to a heavy workload i havnt been up to date weighing some kids due to the 2-3 clinics a week so shes going to have a word about that on wednsday and to top it all im being blamed for the room being left a mess after the last clinic which i know it wasnt so some one has mucked it up from friday afternoon to whenever she found it and again i get the blame...  >:(

klute

No money in to the bank account till thursday so wednesdays prog will have to wait till then or friday :(
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Peter Wolf

Now the headset has gone on this POS bike that i bought or whatever the part is that turns the front wheel.It puts up resistance when i am turning which is unsafe plus it makes a horrible creaking noise and it went without warning.

I am sick of all this fucking shit that is built in SE Asia and China[because of Globalism >:(] because as if reducing labor costs down to a negligable amount isnt enough the manufacturer cuts corners on the build quality yet there is no reduction on what you pay for it but you get third rate fucking shite.

It pisses me right off.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Banners

So I was digging a hole in the flowerbed where we're going to plant a sapling. Suddenly, the shovel hit something solid, and I discovered an old metal tin taped up tightly with gaffer tape. "How exciting!" I thought, "this must be some kind of time capsule!"

My mind started wondering about old newspaper clippings, photos - maybe a handwritten note from many, many years I go, that would be hidden inside. I summoned the Missus and we huddled over the box ready to open it - excited and eager to discover the rare and valuable treasures within. So what was in this 'box of delights'...?

Turned out to be some kind of decomposed green gerbil. Quite possibly the worst and most unholy thing I have ever cast eyes upon...

Urgh!

The Legendary Shark

Best burn it. The last thing you need is a zombie gerbil scuttling about the place while you're trying to get some sleep.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tiplodocus

Ow.  My pinkie was trod on last night so I think I have my second broken finger in as many months.

And worse, some bloke came to remove our old white meter for the electricity (so we can switch "I'm sorry, our systems can't handle two meters") but in the process he somehow seems to have disconnected our TV aerial.

I'm struggling to see how this can happen especially as it has also affected the neighbours who get their feed from the aerial on our roof top. I can't imagine way anything being cut inside the house would affect what was going on outside the house or why the TV aerial would go anywhere near an electricity meter in the first place.

Or well, it's DVDs only for us until we get it sorted.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

vzzbux

Tips. If you have a booster in you attic and is being fed by your electric then there may have been a power surge when he switched you meter thus blowing you booster. Get the bastards back out to have a look who knows what other damage they may have caused.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Tiplodocus

No boosters in the attic. And the freeview signal magically came back last night and is gone again this morning so I haven't a clue what is going on.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!