Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

radiator

Went to view THE perfect flat yesterday - lots of interest though apparently so we probably won't be in with a chance of getting it!

Banners

£7.60 for a cinema ticket! Been out of the game for a while - is that about right...?

Darren Stephens

Quote from: Banners on 22 October, 2011, 04:22:39 PM
£7.60 for a cinema ticket! Been out of the game for a while - is that about right...?
Yep. About a tenner if you opt for 3D. Then there's your popcorn....drinks.....  :(

My minor impediment....the bloody washing machine decides to give up the ghost just after I've just spent my annual bonus on doing the bedroom up. Bastard electrical devices!
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

radiator

Was hoping for a pre-Christmas release, but apparently Game of Thrones isn't out on DVD/Blu-Ray until March 2012...

What is that about?

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

radiator

That is mental in this day and age, if you ask me.

A.Cow

Quote from: radiator on 24 October, 2011, 12:34:51 PM
Was hoping for a pre-Christmas release, but apparently Game of Thrones isn't out on DVD/Blu-Ray until March 2012...

In the meantime you can satiate your thirst by filming your own episodes with a webcam, a fur coat and a rented butcher's shop.

Write a script involving bearded people wearing crowns and having sex with a horse, and then chopping the horse's head off.  People will be hard-pressed to tell the difference.

Buddy

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 19 October, 2011, 08:29:15 PM
I have to take the stupid cat to the vet.

In the past couple of weeks I've had to take the cat (very nasty cut on head), and the dog (hysterectomy, removal of possible cancerous lump with follow up examination and then a week later an unrelated blood in poo and vomiting incident).

Running total is well into the hundreds of pounds... and I don't have pet insurance (idiot!).

Something Fishy

I have all this to look forward too again as the wife and son have got us two new kittens.

I thought my pet days were over when old Titch died early last year.

Tiplodocus

Despite (or maybe because of) being a vegetarian, I can't stand pets.

And somewhow we've ended up with FOUR cats in the house.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

radiator

Pets are great, but these days I tend to think that they're one of those things that are better in theory than in practice.

The downsides - the vet bills, the constant cleaning up of slobber/vomit/poo or worse, the noise, the potential damage to your furniture, the responsibility (having to plan holidays and nights out around them) and in the case of dogs, the fact that your house will forever have that doggy smell - mean that much as I'd love one, I probably won't get a pet in the future.

We have the best of both worlds though - my girlfriend's mum has a lovely big dog called Clive, and we look after him when they go away or have a night out. Always a treat to have him, but it's always nice to give him back too!

Ancient Otter

Ever hear the saying "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions"? Found that out today the hard way after I thought I was doing a favour, ended blowing up in my face. And some other people caught in the blast. Great.

Something Fishy

Yeah your probably right radiator.. but we've gone and got them anyway. doh.

Roger Godpleton

Sentimentality towards pets totally brings out the sociopath in me.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!