Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Dandontdare on 30 December, 2011, 09:43:36 AM
...HMRC - more of a gamble than the national lottery!

And every penny of tax you pay goes into paying off the National Debt created by private banks. Shall I say it again? I'll say it again: The Government doesn't need to borrow private debt, it's entitled (and morally obligated) to create and control the country's money supply.

Banksters Economy vs Mathematically Perfected Economy (YouTube, 2m 42s)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

I turned 45 today and it was un-spectacularly uneventful

Mardroid

HdE

I'm a little bit down over the apparent demise of anime in the west right now.

Some of you folks may have spotted that Bandai Entertainment are withdrawing from production of DVDs (and books) in the North American market. The decision-making seems to have been done in Japan, and I hear rumours that Beez Entertainment, the European distributor for Bandai's stuff, may be about to disappear as well.

That's gonna be a huge blow. I'm gutted. I've loved this stuff ever since Clive James started talking about it on TV. :(
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Spikes

My return to work after the Christmas Hols has been delayed. Due to having Diarrhea and sickness.

James Stacey

Quote from: HdE on 04 January, 2012, 03:56:12 PM
I'm a little bit down over the apparent demise of anime in the west right now.

Some of you folks may have spotted that Bandai Entertainment are withdrawing from production of DVDs (and books) in the North American market. The decision-making seems to have been done in Japan, and I hear rumours that Beez Entertainment, the European distributor for Bandai's stuff, may be about to disappear as well.

That's gonna be a huge blow. I'm gutted. I've loved this stuff ever since Clive James started talking about it on TV. :(
Pah I remember when anime came on 7th gen VHS cassettes complete with photocopies of the script, fan translated, to use in lieu of subtitles. People today don't know they are born.

HdE

Oddly enough, some peopel are still getting their anime in a fashion that isn't a million miles removed from that - and they're the ones killing the industry.

Zing!
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Tombo

I fell of a ladder at work yesterday and gave myself some bruised ribs which hurt quite a bit.

Ok truth be told I "fell" about 20cm - I missed the bottom rung and somehow twisted round and banged my side against the conveyor belt.  Any other place in the shop I would have fallen on my well padded arse and everyone (myself included) would have had a good laugh about it.  Instead I had to visit A&E for a quick check up and am now going to be spending my three days off with a lovely L-shaped bruise and a stiff back and side.

Emperor

Quote from: Emperor on 24 December, 2011, 05:21:08 PM
The sore throat I've had for a few days seems to be developing into a cold, I can feel my appetite and energy dropping so have quickly Lemsipped myself up. I am cooking Xmas dinner tomorrow and, while I've nearly finished tidying up so most of my work is done tonight (beyond some preparation and the construction of the salmon gateau), I can't really afford to be too below par as I'm going to be busy and there'll be lots to eat. I have had my annual flu jab (and the swine flu one last year) so it isn't going to be anything major, I just need to try and shunt it over into Boxing Day if possible.

Ah well, these things are sent to try annoy us.

Well thanks to the power of Lemsip I delayed the lurgy and pulled off another Christmas dinner triumph but only by a day and have been producing hellish amounts of mucus since (one year I'm going to find a way to weigh it) and that triggered a chest infection I am still trying to shift now (the cans and bottles recycling this week was 1 can of soup and 2 bottles of Benylin, crazy times at Chez Emps). I haven't really been out and about unless I had to as, with my asthma, I've got to be careful (I was once hospitalised and had to get my lungs built back up using steroids which was no fun, partly my own fault as I wasn't exactly taking good care of myself at the time). Which means I've not seen my mates much (enough to find out one of my best mate's 40th is not only looming but his missus has assumed we were organising something when we assumed she was, only 2 weeks to go...) and not even really had the energy to go through my Christmas haul ("hall"?) - its never a good sign if you can't get up the energy to tear cellophane from DVDs. Still, it is on the way out now and I won't have to see the Doctor, which is good as I suspect there will have to be quite a bit of mad running about to be done sorting out a birthday party. Still I was hoping for a more energetic start to the year after the quagmire 2011 turned into, however, coming out the other side of some lurgy usually imparts some forward momentum. I hope so as there is a mounting backlog of things that need doing.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Roger Godpleton

Mother served Quorn casserole. It turns out that Quorn explodes in the microwave.

What the fuck, vegetarians? Why does your stupid fake meat explode when exposed to heat? You are all stupid jerks. You can clean up the mess.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Roger Godpleton

I saw a potato in the kitchen and it had a protrusion on it that made it look like a lemon. There was not a similar protrusion at the other end.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

TordelBack

Possibly a result of mutagenic radiation from the recent microwave explosion?  Keep us informed of any beneficial alterations you yourself develop. 

maryanddavid

Back in hospital again with my second girl, hope they get to the bottom of it and it is minor.

Rog69

Fingers crossed that it's nothing serious.

I worked a 12 hour day yesterday and the got called out last night after only an hour in bed and ended up not getting home until 7.00 this morning.

Today is now supposed to be a rest day and despite being pretty damn tired I can't sleep. The wife just found a key in my pocket that I forgot to hand back to the customer that called me out last night  >:( so now I have to drive 50 miles to take it back.

Bugger.

The Legendary Shark

Best of luck with the little 'un, maryanddavid - may her problem be small and easily rectified.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]