Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

I encuntered similar flu reactions so I took to saying to people that I had 'discovered that previously, i have only ever had heavy colds because I now know what flu really is. and you can understand how it kills old people.'  That seems to elicit the desired sympathetic response.

Satanist, I feel your pain.  I used the ignore function when that happened on a forum i frequent when the wife thinks i'm just taking a very long dump.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

staticgirl

I have just come back top work after 3 days off due to a heavy cold and it completely totalled last weekend. I had a cough for a month beforehand so I am calling it my backwards cold. I still feel crappy but slightly better and I have every sympathy for anyone who is currently suffering from this variant. It is shit.

And worse. I am a day late picking up my 2000AD because I couldn't get out yesterday for feeling too wobbly. ARHGHGHGHH!

Spikes

Pretty much everyone i know has had a dose of this bugger. Still got the cough as well, three weeks after the cold finally cleared up.

radiator

Yep, though I'm over the worst of it now, I still feel absolutely wretched in the mornings, and still have a nasty cough over ten days after getting ill.

Gonk

coming at a cinema near you soon

TordelBack

Sharing a bed with one of the Infected, I knew it was only a matter of time before I too became a shambling moaning thing trailing vital fluids hacking my way through the night.

This really is a stinker of a cold - I've made serious inroads into the world's supplies of paracetemol, caffeine, ginger, orange and honey with no obvious result. The missus is still feebly coughing after two weeks, and I'm only a few days into the meat of it... not looking forward to the remainder.   Why are children so infernally loud and energetic?

My only comfort is that she's also apparently given it to her shite of a boss... although now I think of it that's not entirely a comfort... :-\

maryanddavid

Always an excuse for whiskey! Or something stronger if your lucky enough to have it.

von Boom

Hot tea. Lemon. Honey. Shot of vodka. Stir, drink, and off to bed with any of you feeling ill. Repeat until well.

JvB

TordelBack

Quote from: maryanddavid on 26 January, 2012, 07:29:43 PM
Always an excuse for whiskey! Or something stronger if your lucky enough to have it.

Not a drop left in the house. -shakes head sadly at the state of the world-

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

TordelBack

Hoagy

Quote from: TordelBack on 26 January, 2012, 06:55:25 PM
Sharing a bed with one of the Infected, I knew it was only a matter of time before I too became a shambling moaning thing trailing vital fluids hacking my way through the night.

This really is a stinker of a cold - I've made serious inroads into the world's supplies of paracetemol, caffeine, ginger, orange and honey with no obvious result. The missus is still feebly coughing after two weeks, and I'm only a few days into the meat of it... not looking forward to the remainder.   Why are children so infernally loud and energetic?

My only comfort is that she's also apparently given it to her shite of a boss... although now I think of it that's not entirely a comfort... :-\

Just when does phlegm and mucous count as vital fluids Tordle? You've either been bleeding all round the house or dribbling out the "other" vital fluids. :D
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

I, Cosh

Dredd fans contract sympathetic Chaos virus from unsanitary plastic Prog holsters.
We never really die.

TordelBack

Quote from: George Dread on 26 January, 2012, 10:24:55 PM
Just when does phlegm and mucous count as vital fluids Tordle?

Say what you will Krom, I'd be lost without 'em!  Mind you, I seem to have plenty of both at the moment. -hauk- gagg- splutter

Quote from: The Cosh on 27 January, 2012, 02:23:38 AM
Dredd fans contract sympathetic Chaos virus from unsanitary plastic Prog holsters.

Quick dash to the bathroom mirror to check the capillaries in my eyes...