Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

So the tally this week:  started off with a broken car (gearbox shot, no money to fix), proceeded with a dead cat (addressed elsewhere), moved on to a broken tumble-drier (which I can't seem to diagnose despite hours of ploughing through a Haynes trouble-shooting manual with circuit tester in hand), and then developed into a full-blown non-functioning laptop (seems like logic board problem, feck) which I need for a critical meeting tomorrow.

And then to cap it all off, while round in my brother's house frustratedly trying to use his impressive computery setup to help fix said laptop I get into a stupid red-mist sweary storming-off fight with him right in front of his girlfriend, and say all sorts of untakebackable things.  Aargh, why do I only ever lose my temper and get creatively nasty with the handful of people who are actually on my side, instead of all the bastards that thoroughly deserve it.  It's like some bloody self-destruct button I can't help pushing.

So many impediments, all so very very minor, but in aggregate:  GRRRRRRRRRRR.

Beer me.

Trout

I reckon he'll understand you're going through a tough time. Beer is, however, an acceptable solution for the short term.  :)

Frank

... because even as one of Boko Haram's bad guys is taken into custody (probably), Mexico proves you really can't value the rule of law and integrity among public officials highly enough.  European liberal democracies rock.

Emperor

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 May, 2012, 06:09:01 PMAnd then to cap it all off, while round in my brother's house frustratedly trying to use his impressive computery setup to help fix said laptop I get into a stupid red-mist sweary storming-off fight with him right in front of his girlfriend, and say all sorts of untakebackable things.  Aargh, why do I only ever lose my temper and get creatively nasty with the handful of people who are actually on my side, instead of all the bastards that thoroughly deserve it.  It's like some bloody self-destruct button I can't help pushing.

You aren't my brother are you?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

I, Cosh

We didn't get into Berghain, so we went to Tresor instead.
We never really die.

TordelBack

Roger Godpleton

The most grittiest, realisticingist drama of all time, CSI Miami has been cancelled.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Roger Godpleton

I had to buy some pens so I went into the local art supplies shop.They had some rad Stabilo Fineliner pens priced at 95 pence and they even had a trial pad of paper out so I could test out just how smooth these pens handled. But I opted to buy a pack of six boring pens priced at 99 pence because they were for work and I would probably lose a nice pen at work.

exilewood

That is just the kind of post that expresses the inherent melancholia of the minor impediments thread perfectly.

staticgirl

I somehow failed to notice a fourth page of comic script to the story I am illustrating and now have a rush job on my hands. Gah.

Tiplodocus

The massage place I have booked for this afternoon (anniversary treat) can't be contacted by phone (disconnected) and their Facebook page shows suspiciously little activity for the last two months.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

TordelBack

My truly excellent night out was followed with grim inevitability by an afternoon spent in a small concrete-walled room in the company of twenty 6-year olds hyped up on sugar and (most likely interpretation) high-grade amphetamines.  By the end, my attempts to prevent internicene occular and cranial injury  during their ritual disembowelling of my lovingly-crafted pinata were half-hearted at best.

Roger Godpleton

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 11 May, 2012, 09:37:01 AM
But on the plus side Community has been picked up for a fourth series. Hurroo!

Dan Harmon has had to go because his planet needs him!!!!

Also some Mormons accosted me when I was at the shopping centre. I just walked straight past them and I didn't even have the gumption or nerve to shout a pithy rejoinder such as "HERETICS" or "FUCK ROMNEY" at them.

maryanddavid

Quotegrim inevitability by an afternoon spent in a small concrete-walled room in the company of twenty 6-year olds hyped up on sugar and (most likely interpretation) high-grade amphetamines.

Once kids appear, this will ALWAYS happen after a good night out.

locustsofdeath!

...because I can get the Meg (albeit two months late) at my Barnes & Noble - but they insist on stamping a price sticker on the bottom corner of every issue. Not on the plastic cover, mind - ON THE F'ING MEGAZINE ITSELF!!!