Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

My current minor impediment: The fist few continuous days of warm weather have prompted something into sending out great waves of pollen and so, despite the allergy medication, my nose and eyes are streaming - it looks like I've been watching a sad film probably one featuring a lovable animal dying of some terrible disease. Experience suggests my body'll rebalance in a day or so but until then I am producing my own weight in snot a day. Which seems like a wasted resources, could it not be made into food? What is the nutritional value of boggies? Is that what Soylent Green really is? To the Internet machine...

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 25 May, 2012, 11:31:33 PM
2). Bugs all up in my shit.

This will teach you a lesson for hoarding it around the house.

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 25 May, 2012, 11:31:33 PMI have a giant bite on my left buttcheek, elbow and shoulder and I don't want to be in a position where I can't bite my fingernails. EDIT: And also on my back, I would guess next to the fourth link on my spine. I have to use a pen.

Take an antihistamine and/or use some antihistamine cream.

Quote from: vzzbux on 23 May, 2012, 09:43:34 PM
@ Emperor.
Should have PMed me. Best cable to use is RG6 with dielectric core not honeycombe. Most electrical shops would know the relevant f connectors you would require.

Cheers. I had a word with my friend who knows a lot about it and he was rather disparaging about the quality of cable used too, barely adequate for normal satellite TV and really not up to HD. So it sounds like they might need to get it rewired at some point but as they've just moved and they've got a 1-year-old it might have to wait quite a while.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Jon

I managed to take a dive down a short flight of concrete steps in my back garden. Grazed most of my face and smashed out a crown. Luckily the dentist managed to glue that back in for a mere £75, but now my right eye is purple and swollen shut, my right arm seems effectively disabled and I can only turn my neck by about 5 degrees.

To add insult to injury there appears to be a colony of bees nesting underneath the bottom step and, by the feel of it, a few of them put the boot in while I was down.

Do I qualify?

staticgirl

SmallBlueThing

What with old queenie having two bank holidays next week, we may not see the prog on our shelves til next friday. :-/

SBT

Albion

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 28 May, 2012, 09:07:21 AM
What with old queenie having two bank holidays next week, we may not see the prog on our shelves til next friday. :-/

And the way the "same week digital" thing is going us digital readers might not see it until August.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Albion

It cost me £20 to park in Brighton last night.
I parked the car at 5.55. If I had got there at 6.00 it would have cost the evening rate of £4.50.
Bastards.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

SmallBlueThing

If you'd've used the extra five minutes to send someone into a shop to buy the prog while you drove around the block, you would have saved yourself £13.15. Proof positive digital progs are a false economy.

SBT

Noisybast

It looks like I may have fractured my wrist last weekend. In my defence, I was running away from a zombie...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Noisybast

Just out of A&E. Happily, nothing seems to be broken. On the down side, I may have torn a ligament
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

TordelBack

The Legendary Shark

They're putting up bunting outside my house in preperation for the upcoming celebrations in honour of the Arch Traitoress. Bunting indeed. Grr.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Rog69

The guy I've been working with for the past 6 months is a real hero when it comes to not having sickies, he reckons he's not taken a day in the last 12 years.

The problem is he was coughing and spluttering all over the place at work last week, hence why I am off sick today with a nasty little virus.

staticgirl

Oh I hate that. It's all right for them being so tough but any one with a compromised immune system is f***ed.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

FUCKING CLOUDS

The bane of all budding amateur astronomers.

And also amateur astrologers, but fuck those guys
You may quote me on that.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!