Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Aye, Dropbox changed my working patterns completely.  As a non-smartdevice person, being freed from having to use a specific computer or remember to bring my storage devices everywhere was a godsend.  Now a few minutes free time anywhere there's a willing computer with an internet connection means I can pick up my work exactly where I left off, and share/send anything I want just by mailing a link (although not being entirely trusting of Google Apps I do tend to create a trail of Open/LibreOffice installations in my wake... but I think of it as leaving a little present for the system).

Bolt-01

Dropbox is indeed wonderful, and I do use it increasingly, but I've not got it on the PC at work and I'm not about to add it. Works PC and all that.

TordelBack

Ah, but you don't need to add the app, that's the real beauty of it!  You can just access your files through pretty much any browser.  No more dog-ate-my-homework for you, sonny!

I, Cosh

Quote from: TotalHack on 07 January, 2013, 01:43:47 PM
Ah, but you don't need to add the app, that's the real beauty of it!  You can just access your files through pretty much any browser.  No more dog-ate-my-homework for you, sonny!
Unless your work's web security policy blocks the site.
We never really die.

TordelBack

Indeed, but isn't a workplace so-inclined going to have a USB Key ban too?  ;)

But I take your point, if it's non-work work you don't want to be leaving muddy Small-Press-size footprints all over the use logs.  Looks like it's Suduko for you today, Bolt.

Bolt-01

Nah I'm actually working! Well, mostly...

I have started on my entry for the art comp :)

radiator

Bought a pair of shoes yesterday. Go to put them on this morning to find they gave me the wrong left shoe, which is lighter grey than the right. I now have to find the time this week to go back into central London to exchange it.

I suppose you could say I should have checked them myself before leaving the shop, but I had this crazy idea that checking you're putting the correct pair of shoes in the box is the absolute minimum of what you should be capable of if you work in a shoe shop. For fuck's sake.

Trout

If I was you I'd phone them and demand they sort it out. The least they should do is give you a voucher as an apology.

radiator

Nah, that would involve confrontation, and I'm English.

I should have known - the staff all looked about 12 and were all mucking around in the shop, not a care in the world. Doubt I'll even get an apology - it probably happens all the time.

Dandontdare

While Christmas shopping, I treated myself to a pair of Batman cufflinks (as nobody I know would be savvy enough to get me anything so cool).

I wore them on NYE and chucked the shirt in the washing basket. Just called the laundrette and confirmed that i forgot to remove them when I dropped my washing off the other day - I was too late to prevent them going through the machines, but the kind lady dug out my bag and found one intact and the broken back off the other. *sigh*

Richmond Clements

Car has just failed MOt in spectacular fashion. Now I need to find money I do not have to buy another one... Like now.

Happy New Year!

Satanist

Lost out on some art on ebay which made my son cry and in turn left me more upset than it really should  :'(
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

CrazyFoxMachine

Whanged my bloody shin drunkenly leaping up the garden in a cider-fuelled attempt to imitate Mario. Now I have a big swollen cut and a hangover. ALSO THE MEG IS DUE TO ARRIVE TODAY WITH AMERICAN REAPER IN IT. FML.

vzzbux

No fucking postie today = No Dredd 3D. It's only a little bit of snow. Pussy.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.