Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm sat up Samuels school at the moment with Caz. We're up for nothing bad, it's one of those progress and where we'd like to see him heading over the next few terms thingies (Caz knows the official name). So that's me up extremely early for this and Caz has taken time off from work. We arrived 15 minutes early to make sure we didn't get held up in traffic. Bang on 11:30 when the meeting is due a call to reception informs us that the meeting is put back 30 minutes. Drokkin' typical

Trout

This thread was started for entertainment, not for complaining. Its early posts were ironic.

Ironically, this annoys me.

I, Cosh

I always thought it was things that genuinely annoyed you a little even though you knew they really weren't worth bothering about. Turns out I've been misunderstanding for three and a half years. Which feels like a minor impediment to me.
We never really die.

Trout

Quote from: The Cosh on 04 February, 2013, 01:24:20 PM
I always thought it was things that genuinely annoyed you a little even though you knew they really weren't worth bothering about. Turns out I've been misunderstanding for three and a half years. Which feels like a minor impediment to me.

It is ironic that you are still doing it wrong.

paddykafka

One of the sprogs in the locality of the community centre where I work, is seriously cruising for a bruising. He seems to get great enjoyment out of whacking his football off the walls of the building and he's come close to putting in the windows of the front door on several occasions. Quite aside from the noise nuisance that he's causing, we are a non-profit service for the community and simply don't have the €300 to spare that it would cost to replace any broken panes.

I've tried explaining this to him as firmly but politely as I can without coming across as the curmudgeonly, middle-aged, kid-free bachelor that I am, but it's made no difference. The little bastard not only doesn't give a shit, he actually takes pleasure in being a nasty, ignorant prick. He's about ten years old so he should definitely know better.

Not sure what I should do now, as trying to be nice and conciliatory clearly hasn't worked.

Where's Dredd when you need him, eh?

Dandontdare

go round his house and put his windows in.

OR more seriously, if he deliberately causes damage that his parents won't pay for when he's been repeatedly told, ban him or threaten to report him to the police for criminal damage. Services must be initially available to all, but if he constantly pisses on that oportunity, you must protect the service for the benefit of other users.

Ancient Otter

Paddykafka, is there a community police service where you are based?

COMMANDO FORCES

Isn't this the area that the police said they were going to clamp down on last year, due to the untold misery that it causes!

Noisybast

Having finished work at 4pm, I decided to top my oil up before driving home (some eagle-eyed readers may recall I work forty miles away from home). The oil cap fell into the darkest recesses of the engine and I've been unable to retrieve it. I'm still here, an hour and a half later. Looks like I live in Manchester now.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

mogzilla

dan dont dare'll let you move in then you can post the humurous goings on like a northern two and a half men

Dandontdare

haha - but who's the half?

If you are genuinely stuck in Manchester you could certainly crash here, I'm close to the city centre

Noisybast

Cheers DDD. Finally made it home, after dragging my girlfriend all the way to darkest Didsbury so she could be Mrs Huhne and call out the RAC. They had to open the bumper up to get the oil cap out - no way I'd have managed that on my tod and tool-less!

Tiplodocus

Mrs Tips has buggered off to Belgium for five days. She's accidentally taken my 3DS charger with her.

So I'm not getting a shag until Monday, but worse I can't play Resident Evil.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Noisybast

If you hang around an amusement arcade for long enough, you'll probably get one or the other...

radiator

Why does Apple insist on making every iteration of iTunes more clumsy and infuriating than the last?

All I want to do is quickly and easily drag and drop individual podcasts and music tracks to my iPhone. i used to be able to do this just fine but sadly it seems to become more difficult with each update to the point where it seems to be beyond the capabilities of iTunes 11. No, Apple seem to be ever more aggressively trying to force me to instead 'sync' all my content across various devices. Why in the name of fuckery would I want to do that? I have infinitely more content in my iTunes library than can physically fit on my iPhone!