Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: judda fett on 28 February, 2013, 10:04:58 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 28 February, 2013, 09:58:40 PM
Quote from: judda fett on 28 February, 2013, 09:54:12 PM

Saw

Fan of that movie, eh Judda

For a moment I thought I'd posted in threadjacking to elicit that response, then I realised my post was unintentionally grim. In retrospect I'd suggest Rodentine.

Ha, and I really thought you were messin too! :D

judda fett

Heh, no I was being serious.  :o I saw a big rat using olive oil to free himself from mouse paper. Also if you put a bowl down with some way for the mice to get in and coat the bowl in olive oil they fall in and can't get out. You should release them over a mile away apparently as they're bastards for finding their way back (back of the lane won't cut it).

Noisybast

I've just managed to break my recently constructed HTPC by not paying enough attention whilst installing a quieter CPU fan. Now I need to buy a 2nd hand motherboard.  Bum...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Professor Bear

Saw a way of using mouse paper that doesn't end up with you having to stove the caught mouse's head in afterwards if yer one ah they peacenik do-gooders.

If you've ever had to listen to a mouse smother itself to death in mouse paper, you'd know it's not just hippies that don't want to use that shit.  It's horrific, and they can take hours to die, terrified and screaming the whole time.
Let nature take its course and borrow a mate's moggy or a small dog - most of the smaller breeds have ratting hardwired.

judda fett

Quote from: Professor James T Bear on 28 February, 2013, 11:57:01 PM
Saw a way of using mouse paper that doesn't end up with you having to stove the caught mouse's head in afterwards if yer one ah they peacenik do-gooders.

If you've ever had to listen to a mouse smother itself to death in mouse paper, you'd know it's not just hippies that don't want to use that shit.  It's horrific, and they can take hours to die, terrified and screaming the whole time.
Let nature take its course and borrow a mate's moggy or a small dog - most of the smaller breeds have ratting hardwired.

Just incase anyone gets it twisted I'm all about humane and non lethal ways to get shot of the buggers. I pointed out a way you can free rodents from mouse paper. Also dogs are infinitely quicker at dispatching rodents than cats if you go that route.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: judda fett on 01 March, 2013, 12:53:30 AM
Quote from: Professor James T Bear on 28 February, 2013, 11:57:01 PM

Just incase anyone gets it twisted I'm all about humane and non lethal ways to get shot of the buggers. I pointed out a way you can free rodents from mouse paper. Also dogs are infinitely quicker at dispatching rodents than cats if you go that route.
I dispise Mouse paper. Horrible, inhumane way to kill other life. My cat's at least dispatch with them quickly and (comparatively) painlessly.

TordelBack

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 01 March, 2013, 09:49:42 AMMy cat's at least dispatch with them quickly and (comparatively) painlessly.

I think you have discovered a new species of cat!  All the ones I've ever served have been torturers the Vatican would be proud of.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: TordelBack on 01 March, 2013, 10:00:56 AM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 01 March, 2013, 09:49:42 AMMy cat's at least dispatch with them quickly and (comparatively) painlessly.

I think you have discovered a new species of cat!  All the ones I've ever served have been torturers the Vatican would be proud of.
Mine quite litteraly lunge on the and snap down on the things neck with there mouth. Never miss, dead before they even realise they where hunted.

TordelBack

Not to go all Bradley Manning here, but I'm afraid all mine are of the catch-maul-release-wait-wait-chase-catch-maul-release-wait-wait-chase... until we manage to get to in between and put out/out of its misery.  Can you hear it, Clarice, the screaming of the mice?  Happily all my surviving cats are now too aged and lacking-of-limb to torment much more than spiders, and those guys are no saints themselves.  Although there is a feisty wee ginger that I have my eye on that might skew the demographic back towards regular rodent waterboarding...

Professor Bear

Quote from: judda fett on 01 March, 2013, 12:53:30 AMJust incase anyone gets it twisted I'm all about humane and non lethal ways to get shot of the buggers. I pointed out a way you can free rodents from mouse paper.

I wasn't implying anything, JF, I was just chipping in that it's not just stinky hippies like us who despise mouse paper.

Also, the most inhumane way to kill rodents is BY DEATH GUARD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCzckeou9Os

COMMANDO FORCES

Two phonecalls in the space of five minutes

Call 1
Is that Mr Burdis?

Yes!
Can we ask you a few questions?
Yes!
Are you in your 40's?
Yes!
Would that be early or late?
Mid!
Was that 30?
No, mid 40's!
What is your first name?
John!
Does that begin with a C?
CALL TERMINATED

Call 2
Can I speak to Mr Burdis?
Speaking!
Is that Mrs Burdis?
Do I sound like a woman?
CALL TERMINATED

TordelBack

Quote from: Professor James T Bear on 01 March, 2013, 11:51:23 AM
Also, the most inhumane way to kill rodents is BY DEATH GUARD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCzckeou9Os

There's nothing inhumane about Tanya Roberts' thighs in that clip (they can crush my rodent any etc.), but it is a Minor Impediment that I didn't grow up to marry her.  Gordon Bennett that's a pair of pins... I think it's time for a re-watch of Beastmaster.

judda fett

Quote from: judda fett on 01 March, 2013, 12:53:30 AMJust incase anyone gets it twisted I'm all about humane and non lethal ways to get shot of the buggers. I pointed out a way you can free rodents from mouse paper.

I wasn't implying anything, JF, I was just chipping in that it's not just stinky hippies like us who despise mouse paper.

No worries Prof, was just making sure no one thought I was an absolute [spoiler]cunt[/spoiler]  ;)

Richmond Clements

Quote from: judda fett on 01 March, 2013, 12:00:36 PM

No worries Prof, was just making sure no one thought I was an absolute [spoiler]cunt[/spoiler]  ;)

Don't worry - we know there are no absolutes...

SKD

Thanks for the advice guys. My neighbours cat would leave the mutilated remains of her prey on the crisp, clean white sheets of their double bed, this is after playing catch on their lovely cream carpet. My big worry here is the mice getting at the 40 years worth of comics I have in the spare room, so I've gone down the 'Little Nipper' route. Not ideal I know, but...

Stew.