Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

I forgot to check this week's shifts on Friday, whcih means that I'll have to go in for 8 tomorrow - and just hpe I'm not down for an 11.30 start

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: Dandontdare on 14 July, 2013, 04:54:02 PM
I forgot to check this week's shifts on Friday, whcih means that I'll have to go in for 8 tomorrow - and just hpe I'm not down for an 11.30 start

I had just done 4  x  12 hour Dayshifts ( 06.00 hrs - 18.00 hrs ) and automatically woke at 5am the next day,  got washed and dressed and went into work ( 13 mile journey ) and went into my office before I realised I was due to start Nightshift that night at 6 PM !!.........TWAT !!
...........Ooohhh....How my colleagues laughed !!
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Vestibule

Dandontdare

well, I made it in for 8 - and found I wasn't due to start till 10.30. So I went home, doing some shopping on the way, and had another hour's kip!

radiator

Can this weather just fuck off out of it now please? Was a nice novelty for a few days, but its having a really detrimental effect on my sleep, concentration and productivity now.

While we're at it, this persistent sore throat and cough I've had for the 10 days can do one as well!

Mardroid

My TV keeps switching itself off. I can't just switch it on with the remote either basically having to do the standard main power 'turn it off and on again' routine followed by the standby. I wouldn't mind if it happened once in a while but tonight it's done it every few minutes! So small in the scheme of things but really irritating.

I've been meaning to get a new one for a while (it's a CRT over a decade old. Not that others haven't lasted longer). Maybe I should use this as an excuse to start saving up...

SuperSurfer

FFS – I'm sitting here working late and I just saw a mouse and I can hear it walking about.

I am in a really shitty situation for last months as we sold the flat and are temporarily living in my mother's house until we find our own house – so am sitting here in her living room surrounded by boxes of half of my belongings. The rest is in storage at extortionate cost.

If mice want to do damage to my stuff there is a heck of a lot they can do while I am in this situation.

There is one of those electric mouse repellant whatevers plugged in to a socket but I guess the beams it gives off are blocked by all my junk.

What a pain.

Trout

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 17 July, 2013, 03:20:40 AM
There is one of those electric mouse repellant whatevers plugged in to a socket but I guess the beams it gives off are blocked by all my junk.

Those things are shit, mate. There's no substitute for a proper mousetrap.

Hang in there. This too shall pass. We're living with my dad gift now but found a rental that we can move into on Friday. The next step is hunting for a house we can buy. We'll get there in little steps, and so will you!

Best wishes

- Trout

Link Prime

Just got some Jif bathroom spray in my eye. Mutha-fuc...

(Some might say that someone cleaning their bathroom on a beautiful sunny Friday evening gets everything they deserve).

Regards,
Cyclops Prime

Rog69

About 18 months ago I received a tax rebate a couple of days before my boiler packed in. The cost of the replacement boiler came to almost the exact amount of my rebate.

Yesterday I received another tax rebate for around £300 and this morning my dishwasher packed up.

Not sure what kind of luck I'm having here  :|.

I, Cosh

Something's up with my PC. It wouldn't boot until I unplugged the keyboard. Problem is, it's an old PS/2 keyboard so I couldn't plug it in after it started up. A restart seemed to help.

Hmm, strange.
We never really die.

sheldipez

Quote from: Rog69 on 21 July, 2013, 09:14:31 AM
About 18 months ago I received a tax rebate a couple of days before my boiler packed in. The cost of the replacement boiler came to almost the exact amount of my rebate.

Yesterday I received another tax rebate for around £300 and this morning my dishwasher packed up.

Your dishwasher packing in is karma's way of telling you dont need a dishwasher.

Mardroid

Quote from: sheldipez on 21 July, 2013, 03:36:32 PM
Quote from: Rog69 on 21 July, 2013, 09:14:31 AM

Your dishwasher packing in is karma's way of telling you dont need a dishwasher.

That, or he should give the poor girl a holiday.

;-)

Rog69

Karma can get stuffed  ;). Anyway, I think I've fixed it.

Frank

Quote from: Rog69 on 21 July, 2013, 06:44:03 PM

Karma can get stuffed  ;). Anyway, I think I've fixed it.

Just use the 3D printer to bash out a new machine, Rog. Or new dishes.