Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Oh what a joy eBay buyers are.

If I didn't list the item as 'available for collection' then it's not 'available for collection' and will be posted. And don't f**king argue back, you cheeky git. You're in the wrong here, not me.

sheldipez

Quote from: radiator on 22 January, 2014, 03:17:57 PM
Oh what a joy eBay buyers are.

If I didn't list the item as 'available for collection' then it's not 'available for collection' and will be posted. And don't f**king argue back, you cheeky git. You're in the wrong here, not me.

HA! I hate ebay.

Second only to "thats a bit much for postage isn't it?" well yes it is but A) that's how much royal mail charge and B) shouldn't you thought of that before bidding?

Ancient Otter

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 21 January, 2014, 11:07:42 AM
Was cycling home last night from the gym and was clipped by a speeding car. I landed on my feet but I cracked my mouth on my handle bars, breaking the crown of my two top incisors and one of my lower ones. As im a student i'll be paying less for the treatment but it's still gonna cost a pretty penny. No comics for me for a month.  :|

And yes, it hurts like a bitch. Got a feeling the speeder was Jonathan Ross after he saw my comment in the other thread.

How're the teeth today Hawkmonger?

Hawkmumbler

Like somebody opened a cut and sucked all the moisture out. There no nerve endings left to feel pain and as it is it just feels like I have three pieces of broken crunchy bars stuck in my gums. Seeing the dentist for an evaluation in the morning so hopefully I can get someting in the mean time if pain flares up again.

SuperSurfer

Hope all goes well at the dentist, Hawkmonger.

Some of you guys are braver than me. Wouldn't catch me on two wheels. Last bike I had was my Chopper.

paddykafka

The bloke who used to hold my position in the community centre in which I work, had a very unfortunate tooth experience.

He was alone one day in the centre, standing on a chair attempting to fix a dodgy blind on one of the windows, which is very high up. The chair itself he had placed on a bench beneath the window so that he could reach up to the blind. However, through accident or carelessness on his part, the chair gave way as he was stretching up to fix the malfunctioning blind.

As if falling over ten feet to the ground wasn't bad enough, while en route to terra firma he caught his chin on the ledge beneath the window. This jarring impact caused two of his lower front teeth to burst through his upper lip which, needless to say, was a rather bloody and painful experience for him. In a state of extreme trauma and panic he rang my - now sadly deceased - former gaffer for assistance. (Quite how he managed this in his mangled state I'll never know!). The boss duly arrived, administered what first aid he could and called an ambulance.

While they were waiting, he turned to the hapless - and now partially toothless - caretaker and, in his own dry, inimitable fashion said to him: "Ya fuckin' eejit".

Hawkmumbler

A man (who looked strangely like Allan Moore) came into the British Heart Foundation today and left a bag of items to be donated. I left them in the back to be checked when the managers asked to look in the bag minuets latter. The nutter had donated a large collection of USED sex toys! Mostly made of dildoes and variously sized anal beads. They where promptly burned.

ZenArcade

Maybe he got the bag mixed up that morning and left in his wife's toys. By the volume involved she wouldn't be too happy as it seems as though she doesn't like a cock up.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Rog69

Bloody tax office twats, why do they have so much trouble working out what I should be paying.

Ever since I began work I have been plagued with tax issues, I seem to be stuck in a cycle of K codes followed by rebates followed by K codes followed by rebates. Two years ago the tax office looked at my tax all the way back to 2004 and gave me a big rebate and all was well until I changed jobs 14 months ago and the cycle seems to have begun again.

From the start of the next tax year I will be on a K code so that they can claw back an extra £1500. The stupid thing is that if the pattern follows, they will give it back to me the year after.

To top it all off, the wife has been wrongly put on a BR tax code for her £5K a year part time job which means that she pays 20% tax on a job that doesn't even qualify to pay tax.

Banners

45 minutes on the phone to Sage being passed from dept to dept, eventually to be told I have to send them an email. ~sigh~

GrinningChimera

Quote from: ZenArcade on 30 January, 2014, 11:01:06 PM
Maybe he got the bag mixed up that morning and left in his wife's toys. By the volume involved she wouldn't be too happy as it seems as though she doesn't like a cock up.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 21 January, 2014, 11:07:42 AM
Was cycling home last night from the gym and was clipped by a speeding car. I landed on my feet but I cracked my mouth on my handle bars, breaking the crown of my two top incisors and one of my lower ones. As im a student i'll be paying less for the treatment but it's still gonna cost a pretty penny. No comics for me for a month.  :|

And yes, it hurts like a bitch. Got a feeling the speeder was Jonathan Ross after he saw my comment in the other thread.

Is that stretch of road covered by CCTV? You could ask for the recording and see if you can identify the car... You must have a claim surly?

Buttonman

Even if you can't trace the car but can show his negligence caused you an injury you would be able to claim via the MIB. That's the Motor Insurers' Bureau not The Men in Black. They would normally require that you report the matter to the police though.

http://www.mib.org.uk/Home/en/default.htm

Hawkmumbler

I could if it werent for thefact I know it will be more trouble than it will be worth. :|

Batman's Superior Cousin

No jobs whatsoever in my local area (Blyth/Morpeth/Cramlington/Ashington), only those with experience may apply. Yet my parents have it in their heads that their are jobs available in my local area,but neither the job search sites, nor the job centre are helpful!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night