Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 06 March, 2014, 07:48:22 AM
EDIT: On the upside, there is nothing quite as satisfying as killing the wee bastiches. Sod this "humane" stuff. You come into my house, you eat my food, you piss on my floor, you die.
How are the kids?
We never really die.

Tiplodocus

L, as the kids say, OL.

I used humane traps during the great mouse war of 2000 but after three weeks, there was evidence that the little buggers were inching ever closer to Teeny Baby Tips bedroom (and he was a teeny, teeny baby) so I had to put poison down.

Only later did I find out that you need to take them miles away before releasing them from humane traps otherwise they just come back in.

I'm sorry mice. I really am.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Trout

Kill them all. Inhumane traps, baited with chocolate, work best. After nine years in rural Perthshire I became an expert.

Mardroid

Coincidentally I came into work yesterday and my colleague informed me we had mice there and proceeded to show me the droppings behind the photocopier. (I wouldn't have known what they were!) "So don't leave the biscuits out, " she said.

My reaction: "Aw. I like mice." I guess I'm odd.

The management isn't showing any sign of dealing with them yet, but now I'm thinking of preemptive measures before we're told to call pest control and the likely mousey genocide. A humane team or two I think. I can take em home and drop em off at one of the Woodland walks near my place. They could end up fox/cat munchies but I'd prefer that to poisoning. Kinda seems more  natural although cats can be cruel.

GrinningChimera

My arms are getting smaller! Well maybe not. But it sure looks like it. I think it's an optical illusion and the rest of me is getting bigger but to me all I see is smaller arms. I can understand why people take steroids though. The struggle for getting bigger continues....

Tiplodocus

We used Peanut Butter. It's sticky and they can't just carry it away so there's more chance of them springing the trap. They are so light, it's really hard to know if there's actually anything inside those humane traps.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

von Boom

Quote from: GrinningChimera on 07 March, 2014, 08:06:38 AM
My arms are getting smaller! Well maybe not. But it sure looks like it. I think it's an optical illusion and the rest of me is getting bigger but to me all I see is smaller arms. I can understand why people take steroids though. The struggle for getting bigger continues....

I picturing you now with short, T-Rex like arms. Can you reach your belt still?

von Boom

Trout

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 07 March, 2014, 12:22:51 PM
We used Peanut Butter. It's sticky and they can't just carry it away so there's more chance of them springing the trap. They are so light, it's really hard to know if there's actually anything inside those humane traps.

Yeah, chocolate spread is good, too.

SmallBlueThing

Downloaded 'gravity' from the Playstation Store last night, got ten minutes into it and it stopped. "File is corrupted". Knickers. Tried to download again, but it wouldn't allow it without paying again. So I have to try to sort that out today with the helpline. We watched the 2013 Texas Chainsaw on DVD again instead.

SBT

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 08 March, 2014, 09:40:10 AM
Downloaded 'gravity' from the Playstation Store last night, got ten minutes into it and it stopped... watched the 2013 Texas Chainsaw on DVD again instead.
SBT

This is the greatest Movie yet to be made! I had the misfortune to find myself watching 'Friday the 13th Part 4'  on some music channel last night. It had every cliche in the horror lexican and I couldn't bring myself to stay to the end.

'Chainsaws in Space!' Now that's a Movie.   
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Recrewt

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 08 March, 2014, 10:19:24 AM
Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 08 March, 2014, 09:40:10 AM
Downloaded 'gravity' from the Playstation Store last night, got ten minutes into it and it stopped... watched the 2013 Texas Chainsaw on DVD again instead.
SBT

This is the greatest Movie yet to be made! I had the misfortune to find myself watching 'Friday the 13th Part 4'  on some music channel last night. It had every cliche in the horror lexican and I couldn't bring myself to stay to the end.

'Chainsaws in Space!' Now that's a Movie.

Yeah, I saw that - not the best of the F13 movies.  They have done the 'chainsaws in space' type movie as well with Jason X.

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

The Enigmatic Dr X

Humans 1.
Rodents 0.

We've won the battle, gentlemen. But the war goes on.
Lock up your spoons!