Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningChimera

I cut my tongue this morning and it won't heal. Also had some hot stuff at lunch time that really really stung.

Mardroid

Commiserations GC. Tongue pain is the worst. Okay a burn is probably the worst but that's up there.

Proudhuff

Quote from: GrinningChimera on 11 May, 2014, 10:51:39 AM
I cut my tongue this morning and it won't heal. Also had some hot stuff at lunch time that really really stung.

Cheese is the answer to parmapharse John Lennon
DDT did a job on me

A.Cow

Quote from: Proudhuff on 12 May, 2014, 12:44:30 PM
Cheese is the answer to parmapharse John Lennon

If rock-star-related fromage is the solution, why not try Midge Ure cheddar?

staticgirl

Where cheese or chocolate doesn't fix things, try WD40. Pretty good rule of life.

TordelBack

In aged-dinghy sailing, we use this widely-cited troubleshooting guide to good effect: if it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape; if it doesn't move and it should, use WD40.  Keeps us afloat, mostly.

mogzilla

theres an anti epileptic drug called clonazepam that would make a damn fine alternative if not replacement to wd40 its very greasy a single drop goes a long way .
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

The Legendary Shark

Reminds me of an old army saying I was told about in my teens; "If it moves, salute it; if it doesn't move, paint it."

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: Proudhuff on 09 April, 2014, 11:18:28 AM
Indeed Sharkie!
You'd think a 'the dog stays in the cab' would have ticked all the boxes for the Lady of gate.

CrazyFoxMachine

Nothing endears you more in the eyes of a client than a string of e-mails saying:

"sorry this is late, been ill - here we go!"

"whoops - sent you the wrong file there it is!"

"AH. Sorry -no THIS is the right file! Sorry again, sorry."

What an unprofessional pillock. Unfortunately this was me today  :-X

I always thought I looked more like the "how not to do things" guy than the other one.

Frank

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 23 May, 2014, 03:46:35 PM
I always thought I looked more like the "how not to do things" guy than the other one

I hate the How To Do Things Guy, with his sensible haircut, polo shirt and pressed GAP khakis. You're better off with wonky bookcases and a TV with functions you have no idea how to use than turning into that smug cunt.

The Legendary Shark

Well, my new temporary accommodation is nowhere near big enough to store a tenth of my stuff. Most of my books and my entire comic collection will have to find a new home in a friend's loft and just about 90% of everything else will just have to go.
On the plus side, my new temporary place has a great view and is in a quiet rural area.
On the ultra plus side, it's a narrow boat. Her name? "Nirvana". The Shark is finally living on the water and, you know what, I'm excited! I'll post some pics when I can.
Now all I need is a little job and I'm back on my feet again, all I need's about £100 a week and I'm golden. This feels every inch like it  could be a great opportunity...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Nice one, Shark!  Good to see you're keeping on swimming.

CrazyFoxMachine

Come sail Nirvana down Bristol way, it'd be a magical journey - ! And you could write a book about it called "THERE'S A SHARK IN THE CANAL!"

Trout

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 23 May, 2014, 07:20:06 PM
Come sail Nirvana down Bristol way, it'd be a magical journey - ! And you could write a book about it called "THERE'S A SHARK IN THE CANAL!"

There's a sitcom in it, too. Nice one, the Shark!