Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogzilla

...i'm being made to wear a uniform! :'( :'( :'(

navy blue trousers :thumbsdown: or combats :-\
and a "metro blue" polo shirt :sick:

I am also going to have to fork out for a new pair of sensible shoes/boots.

its annoying 'cos they always promoted non uniform in the community stting I work in with special needs kids as it was deemed more comforting for the kids ie:not a scary uniform .

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

radiator

QuoteChallenge it.

1) It's their fault, not yours, that your meter hasn't been read.

2) They frequently make these numbers up. We're currently in dispute with nPower, who claim we owe them £410 for six months' electricity on a house which was unoccupied with the gas and electric switched off at the main, a fact which they had been notified of repeatedly.

Cheers

Jim

Hmm. Yeah, but to be fair on them at least, I do dimly recall getting various letters over the last couple of years saying that they wanted to come and read our meter, but who has the bloody time to organise that, right? We're busy!

Frank

Quote from: mogzilla on 02 June, 2014, 07:06:59 PM
...i'm being made to wear a uniform! navy blue combats and a "metro blue" navy blue polo shirt. I am also going to have to fork out for a new pair of sensible shoes/boots

We can never go to the same party, or we'll look like twins. I resisted being used as a living corporate billboard for years. It's a lot easier to skive off and do your shopping on work time without your employers name embroidered above your left tit, and I liked being able to meet up with friends or go to see a film or a gig after work without folk mistaking me for a member of staff.

Rog69

Currently hiding upstairs from the wife.

She got changed earlier into a purple top and when she came downstairs my daughter shouted "Look out, it's Lumpy Space Princess" (non Adventure Time watchers will have to google it).

Cue 5 minutes of hysterical laughter from me and the kids and the wife in a huff for the rest of the evening, not to mention a new top that she will never wear again.

Banners

A client who evidently is now employing a new graphic designer, has just asked me to send all their assets across. The professional thing is to politely acquiesce, but I really just want to say "bollocks".

Definitely Not Mister Pops

..because I'm getting married (that's not why life spugs).

I'm getting married, and the religious considerations of this corner of Europe mean it's very difficult to look forward to it.

Family, eh?
You may quote me on that.

Frank

Quote from: Mister Pops on 02 June, 2014, 10:10:29 PM
I'm getting married, and the religious considerations of this corner of Europe mean it's very difficult to look forward to it. Family, eh?

YOU'RE getting married, neebs

The Legendary Shark

Had to clear my flat out today. As I'm a "Health & Safety risk" I had to ask some friends to do it for me while I stayed at a friend's house sorting stuff as it came, storing stuff in their leaky shed.
"The most important thing," I said, "is the small collection of comics containing my work AND THE BLUE TUBE CONTAINING AN ORIGINAL PAGE OF STRONTIUM DOG ARTWORK GIVEN TO ME BY CARLOS EZQUERRA. Please make sure you get this.
My friend located this precious stuff, put it to one side so he wouldn't forget it - then forgot it.
Now I have to go begging back to SJ for further access.
AAAAAAAARRRRGH!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

maryanddavid

QuoteAAAAAAAARRRRGH!

AAAAAAAARRRRGH!

QuoteI'm getting married, and the religious considerations of this corner of Europe mean it's very difficult to look forward to it. Family, eh?

Congrats Pops, I love weddings, all you can do is focus on the two of ye, enjoy the day. Our 14th anniversary is in two days!

Trout

TordelBack

GrinningChimera

I have the week off work and my girlfriend is sick. So there go my plans.

mogzilla

Quote from: lord sauchie on 02 June, 2014, 07:17:43 PM
Quote from: mogzilla on 02 June, 2014, 07:06:59 PM
...i'm being made to wear a uniform! navy blue combats and a "metro blue" navy blue polo shirt. I am also going to have to fork out for a new pair of sensible shoes/boots

We can never go to the same party, or we'll look like twins. I resisted being used as a living corporate billboard for years. It's a lot easier to skive off and do your shopping on work time without your employers name embroidered above your left tit, and I liked being able to meet up with friends or go to see a film or a gig after work without folk mistaking me for a member of staff.

plus,the left tit logo will be an NHS one I have to be on my best behaviour going to and coming home from work! :o
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

The Legendary Shark

Charge your bosses for the advertising space or cover the logo with black tape when you leave the compound, er, I mean workplace...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

For anyone who was worried, I have been reunited with my Carlos Ezquerra page!!!
YAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOO-MOMMA!!!!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]