Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

And it takes us all night to do what we used to do all night.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Trout

Quote from: Dandontdare on 19 August, 2014, 05:55:15 PM
Hangovers also seem to take about three times as long to disappear too.

Yes. This.

I was at a beer festival on Saturday night. Several drinks were consumed. Sunday was a write-off and Monday was a grind.

It was only beer, for fuck's sake.

Dog Deever

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

HdE

Just been feeling really tired out lately.

Had a manic month so far. Two conventions, some FOUR books lettered in the time between them, and loads of other non-related guff to deal with around the sides. Result? I feel completely drained.

Today was my first dead day since the whole crazy cycle began, and I've been waiting for my batteries to kick in again. It ain't happening. I'm actually wondering if I'll ever get my once fabled energy reserves back again.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Dandontdare

CHANGE OF SCENE

I don't know your situation, but whether it's an unexpected afternoon in the park or six months bumming around Machu Picchu, it's amazing how a change can reset your perspective. Have a break dude!

TordelBack

Making myself rather unpopular on tonight's gruesomely long night shift by insisting that it really doesn't matter how ridiculously short a very drunk woman's skirt is, she really, truly, is never 'asking to be raped'.  Apparently I know that I am wrong, I just won't allow myself to say it.

Is that mindset really still a thing?  It seems like something left over from the 80's.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Trout

I cracked one lens of my glasses yesterday, in an unusual incident involving my own clumsiness in the foyer of a local radio station. I was actually a bit woozy for a few minutes, to the utter disdain of a hatchet-faced receptionist. It was a good knock to the face. My own fault.

Now I need to get new glasses, which I've been planning to sort out for a while anyway.

But... I quite like the cracked glass. I think it gives me a rather post-apocalyptic look. Human flesh, anyone?

HdE

Oddly enough, DDD, I opted to do something much like that. Had a night out, caught up with people I used to see out drinking a few years ago, and got hailed as a hero for working in comics.

So, to recap, that's:

Beer.
Old drinking buddies.
Ego boost.

And I've got a date next week. I'm happy to call that a turnaround!
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Trout on 23 August, 2014, 02:26:25 PM
I cracked one lens of my glasses yesterday, in an unusual incident involving my own clumsiness in the foyer of a local radio station.

We demand details.
Lock up your spoons!

Trout

There aren't any. I tripped, then whacked my face on something I was carrying. I was there to write something about a political event, and... That's all. Kind of dull.

Hawkmumbler

I did the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. It was cold.

Trout

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 24 August, 2014, 09:01:30 PM
I did the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. It was cold.

I wish someone would post a video of one of these challenges on social media.

SuperSurfer

Quote from: HdE on 21 August, 2014, 10:52:15 PM
Just been feeling really tired out lately.

Had a manic month so far. Two conventions, some FOUR books lettered in the time between them, and loads of other non-related guff to deal with around the sides. Result? I feel completely drained.

Today was my first dead day since the whole crazy cycle began, and I've been waiting for my batteries to kick in again. It ain't happening. I'm actually wondering if I'll ever get my once fabled energy reserves back again.

Likewise. Been working flat out for almost a year on a long-term work contract. Summer in particular is an extremely busy time for me. Feel like I am dunked under water and then when I come up for air summer is over.

Had my first week day off this year a couple of weeks back. Managed to get away for a holiday (our first in about three years). I'd forgotten what it felt like not to be shattered.

Needless to say, straight away I got back into working late, getting in late from training etc so feel like I've wiped out the rest from the hol.

Anyway I'll have plenty of time to recover. Work finishes any day now and it'll be unemploymentsville for me. Well, I'll revert to freelancing but nothing lined up.

(Will be good to get back into doing some drawing though.)