Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grugz

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

TordelBack

Quote from: Dandontdare on 26 September, 2014, 09:42:36 PM
As a non smoking 43yr old I had a "lung-age" of 48; as a 47yr old heavy smoker, my lungs have had some kind of re-juve because my lung-age is now 45, and I know (*cough*)that doesn't mean they're working better.

When we were looking into further spawning some years back, an obstetrician informed my wife, then 37, than she had 'the reproductive health of a 15 year old'.  A quick glance around our local shopping center indicated that this was a Good Thing.

See if you can get your arteries' birthday in writing Sharky, they're almost up for a buss pass.  Your veins will have to pay full price, naturally.

The Legendary Shark

Heh - maybe I will apply for an arterial bus pass at that. OAP - Old Aged Pulminaries.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Professor Bear

Quote from: Grugz on 20 September, 2014, 08:24:47 PMobviously we didn't see her do it but we know she did. shes not the approachable type and neither is her hubby. do we contact the plods or just draw a large penis on her lawn in weedkiller? your thoughts please?

Don't go looking for trouble, let those whose job it is to deal with it do so.
There's an old adage that goes something like "thieves, above all else, fear they will one day be robbed", and it's especially true dealing with antisocial neighbours, who are usually the first to drop a dime when they encounter trouble.  The easiest resolution is just to return the favor - keep calling the police about criminal damage - or even drug use if it occurs - no matter how small, and petition your council to move them along elsewhere.  Don't get dragged into a vendetta with a mentalist, let them reap what they sow.

Frank

Quote from: Bear McBear on 29 September, 2014, 01:04:02 PM
keep calling the police about criminal damage - or even drug use if it occurs - no matter how small, and petition your council to move them along elsewhere.  Don't get dragged into a vendetta with a mentalist, let them reap what they sow.

The benefits system hotline is the passive aggressive's best friend. If she's claiming child/out of work/housing benefits and has a partner living with her or a cleaning job on the side, you can kick her where it really hurts. My cousin had someone do exactly that to her; she was pretty sure it was someone she'd mouthed off to about something unimportant, but there was absolutely no way to trace the complaint back to the grass*.

* obviously, my cousin shouldn't have been fiddling the buroo in the first place

Professor Bear

Quote from: sauchie co-op on 29 September, 2014, 05:00:09 PM* obviously, my cousin shouldn't have been fiddling the buroo in the first place

Murderer and noted cunt David Cameron has declared that fiddling your expenses is no big deal, so who are we to argue with a man who almost won an election in a two-party race with a party people were sick of voting for?  He gave a billion pounds of taxpayer money away to private business in the postal service privatisation, making the 200 million he gave away to Universal Credit look like chickenfeed, so clearly your cuz nabbing forty quid extra a week to spend on fags and shoes from the expensive pound shop (which is what one would assume the poor spend extra cash on) is no skin off his nose.

A.Cow

Quote from: Bear McBear on 29 September, 2014, 01:04:02 PM
Don't get dragged into a vendetta with a mentalist, let them reap what they sow.

Too true.  Don't forget -- they have way more time (and energy) to waste on making your life hell.

The best solution is to distract them and make them point their attention elsewhere.

Grugz

all true thanks for the advice and I am a great believer in "they'll get theirs" which also applies to a colleague who is currently not propping up the m6 yet
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

atp

Quote from: King Pops

Don't call me KP. It sounds like I'm nuts.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Just fell off my bloody chair laughing.
The freedom of choice should be compulsory

TordelBack

Quote from: atp on 30 September, 2014, 02:42:12 PM
Quote from: King Pops

Don't call me KP. It sounds like I'm nuts.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Just fell off my bloody chair laughing.

Only just got that.  Brilliant.

Grugz

Batman's Superior Cousin

Just got threatened over FaceBook, over work related matters.  :o
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Professor Bear

Facebook has strict rules about threatening people while using their services, so report the post or message and then inform your HR rep.  In order to help stop this kind of disagreement at work spilling into your leisure time, you'll have to find this person and fuck them up, but most workplaces are small worlds, so you'll only have to do this a couple of times.

Goaty

And people here dont talk about work one here, nice big escape!