Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

Quote from: Grugz on 24 November, 2014, 05:17:03 PM
went to a keeping in touch meeting at work as I have been off a while for depression/anxiety and have been told I'm being investigated for a number of allegations ranging from nicking off work to breaching confidentiality and basically putting my patients at risk! obviously feeling shit anyway but to have that thrown at you especially as they wont tell me what I'm supposed to have done or whos said it. I have an idea who the main instigator is and it smacks of a witch hunt cos my face doesn't fit in the persons little gang ...so now I feel even worse and stabbed in the back since I have been there 17 years and all of a sudden in the six weeks I was in I suddenly became a danger and unprofessional .

Sounds like, because you have been off, they are trying to use other reasons to get rid of you or to make you quit.   I have seen his happen a few times to people on long term sick.

Contact your Citizens Advice Bureau and ask for help, they are very good. Explain to them that the did  not inform you before the meeting or allow you to be represented/accompanied.

These things usually work with an initial meeting, a meeting to present facts/discuss, and a decision meeting.

Good luck and don't worry too much!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Grugz

cheers mo, unions are involved I'm still waiting for my investigation interview when I hope i'll find out what I'm supposed to have done and by whom. I've done upset and distraught and now I'm just mad.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

SuperSurfer

I had last weekend down as my chance to work on advent calendar piece. A two page strip that I wrote last year. It bears an uncanny resemblance to one entry in this years comp but that's not the point.

But I got bogged down with some super low paid work for some other people. Semi favour work. It took much longer than expected. Turns out they haven't bothered putting it on their website. So it wasn't needed in a hurry then. I could've spent my time doing my own stuff: drawing for the art comp. And done the supposed rush work afterwards.

Pisses me off.

radiator

QuoteBut I got bogged down with some super low paid work for some other people. Semi favour work. It took much longer than expected. Turns out they haven't bothered putting it on their website. So it wasn't needed in a hurry then. I could've spent my time doing my own stuff: drawing for the art comp. And done the supposed rush work afterwards.

Every client I work with tell me it's super-urgent-panic-stations-must-get-done-by-this-date etc, which can often entail me having to working late nights and weekends to meet the insane deadline.

Lo and behold, the same work comes back two weeks later for further amends.

Banners

Amen to that, Brother.

Also, it's the clients who repeatedly use words in their emails like URGENT and ASAP who always seem to pay late.

TordelBack

Ugh, yeah.  My favourite this year is a County Council who URGENTLY required me to take out not-inexpensive insurance ASAP in order to be eligible for a job way back in November of 2013.  The job then didn't actually start until March 2014, meaning 4-5 months of that insurance was effectively a complete waste, and then it promptly stopped after a couple of weeks due to 'site issues'.  They won't pay me for the work I've already done until the project is completed (as if their deadbeat contractors are my fault), but they don't know when that'll actually be - sometime in 2015 "hopefully".  Meanwhile I've just had to renew the insurance policy, which was used for a total of 6 (so far unpaid) days. 

But boy was it URGENT 13 months ago.

Dandontdare

One of my two front teeth (a crown) snapped off yesterday. Looking forward to a gappy Christmas!

TordelBack

Quote from: Dandontdare on 18 December, 2014, 11:25:30 AM
One of my two front teeth (a crown) snapped off yesterday. Looking forward to a gappy Christmas!

Have I got the song for you...

(And sympathy, of course).

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Fungus

Quote from: TordelBack on 18 December, 2014, 11:30:02 AM
Have I got the song for you...

Ha!

The Enigmatic Dr X

My youngest son was due to the the star in his nursery play, "The Star Who Lost His Shine", this morning.

Until he woke up with chicken pox.
Lock up your spoons!

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 22 December, 2014, 07:47:35 AM
My youngest son was due to the the star in his nursery play, "The Star Who Lost His Shine", this morning.

Until he woke up with chicken pox.
Ug, that sucks. My boy had that last March. He was actually ok with it. Well, better than I was at least. I got it two weeks later and it was evil and lasted six weeks.

Hope he gets better soon.

JayzusB.Christ

You should charge extra for urgent jobs.

I've started doing that; or sometimes just flat-out refusing to do it.  Some people seem to think I'm constantly looking at my phone, desperately waiting for work to come in.

QuoteBut I got bogged down with some super low paid work for some other people. Semi favour work. It took much longer than expected. Turns out they haven't bothered putting it on their website.

I've been burnt with that many, many times.  I've stopped doing it.  For some reason, people seem to think artists and illustrators are delighted to work for next to nothing, if not for free.  My new rule of thumb is to ask them this:  Would you expect a plumber, electrician or mechanic to drop their prices that much? Would you do your job for me at that price?

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dandontdare

went to dentist on Saturday and it's not a simple re-fitting, needs root canal work and a whole new crown. He  seemed amazed that the nerve was still alive - he jabbed something into it and I nearly leaped off the chair. Between then and now it's been agony, I've had a weekend of soft foods, co-codamol and clove oil, but I'm going back today to get rest of root removed and a temporary crown to see me through till new year.

Link Prime

Quote from: Dandontdare on 22 December, 2014, 10:46:41 AM

went to dentist on Saturday and it's not a simple re-fitting, needs root canal work and a whole new crown. He  seemed amazed that the nerve was still alive - he jabbed something into it and I nearly leaped off the chair. Between then and now it's been agony, I've had a weekend of soft foods, co-codamol and clove oil, but I'm going back today to get rest of root removed and a temporary crown to see me through till new year.

Sorry to hear that DDD, shitty time of year for it to happen too.
Hopefully you get sorted today (if even temporarily) for the xmas period.