Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

My 10 year old eldest has logged on to my Xbox account and spent £10 on coins for Plants v Zombies.

Not only has he had a bollocking, but the last laugh is the coins are locked to my account!

Still, the impediment is that I have to redo all the security settings and passwords.
Lock up your spoons!

The Legendary Shark

Abscess in mouth finally burst. Eeurgh.
Like a scene from the Exorcist but relief, relief, relief!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Zenith 666

Get to a dentist as soon as possible shark.You don't want it returning.

Dandontdare

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 01 February, 2015, 10:58:27 AM
My 10 year old eldest has logged on to my Xbox account and spent £10 on coins for Plants v Zombies.

Not only has he had a bollocking, but the last laugh is the coins are locked to my account!

Still, the impediment is that I have to redo all the security settings and passwords.

My friend's seven year old spent nearly a grand on extras for some dragon-breeding game without realising he was spending real money (he claimed!) - it took several very irate calls from his mum before they agreed to refund most of it.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Zenith 666

Theblazeuk

Dying Light turns out to be only for 64 bit systems.

I don't have a quad-core system and it seems a motherboard update will make my main storage drives, my new RAM and my existing CPU defunct. So next upgrade will be Motherboard+CPU+RAM... £200+ from a rough estimate probably.... and then it'll be trying to either use a (seemingly unrewarding) IDE->Sata adapter or getting another hard drive.

Bah. Guess I really am running to the end of my system, graphic card and SSD would be the only things that carry on through.

Dandontdare

my wallet's falling to pieces and I somehow lost the photocard section of my travel pass. This meant I had to trek into Eccles on my day off to get a replacement. No biggie, mission accomplished ... but somewhere on route, the stupid bastard thing has managed to lose my debit card, driving license and library card.

The Legendary Shark

Lose...? Yes, lose...
*Screeches away in a showroom-new BMW laden down with library-stamped graphic novels*
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JamesC

Trying to sell my flat and buy a house. I'm navigating a system that seems to benefit no one but estate agents and the more I get involved in it the more it feels like playing poker over the telephone.
There must be a better way!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: JamesC on 05 February, 2015, 07:05:56 AM
Trying to sell my flat and buy a house. I'm navigating a system that seems to benefit no one but estate agents and the more I get involved in it the more it feels like playing poker over the telephone.

http://www.moneyobserver.com/how-to-invest/10-steps-to-selling-your-home-without-estate-agent

Hawkmumbler

Ack! That isn't what I wanted to hear! I'm in the prosess of moveing out myself and i'mlooking at terrace properties tomorrow. :-\

JamesC

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 05 February, 2015, 09:05:32 AM
Quote from: JamesC on 05 February, 2015, 07:05:56 AM

http://www.moneyobserver.com/how-to-invest/10-steps-to-selling-your-home-without-estate-agent

I did consider this after reading a similar article but I bottled it. I find the whole thing pretty scary to be honest!
I think the Scottish anti-gazumping rules are something we could definitely learn from this side of the border.

Professor Bear

£350 quid to have someone else do all the estate agent-y stuff sounds like a bargain to me.
I had to physically pry the keys to my flat from the estate agent's hands when I moved in, saying he needed to do more stuff, even though I had walked directly from my solicitor's office to the estate agent's after being told it was done and dusted (and that if I didn't walk out of the place with keys to call the cops).  I asked my solicitor why the estate agent wouldn't part with the keys and was told he was "probably had an angle to get more money out of someone."

Theblazeuk