Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

I am a big wit. At least, I think that's what they say...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ZenArcade

You'll always be a big, bad old Shark to me. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

DaveGYNWA

Moved from a 2 bed flat to a 3 bed house just a 2 minute walk apart - all moved over the weekend, got 2 days to do clean-up of the old place and then all done. My 41 year old body is creaking but I'll be fine tomorrow - got the day off to do the old flat, and reckon we'll get it all done in that day and not need the extra.

What's the impediment, you say?

I've got a fucking ulcer on my tongue - popped up earlier and it's fecking painful. Jeebus!!!!
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Mardroid

Quote from: Doctor Pops on 28 June, 2015, 08:20:21 PM
Quote from: White Falcon on 28 June, 2015, 07:34:12 PM
Carefully.

Damn. Swooped in before me, ye big Falcon bastard

Hee hee. At least he gets to eat his burger and pick his nose at the same time without the use of three hands. If he's into that sort of thing.

Must make sure his aim is right though. You don't want an eye ball on the end of that skewer.

Places my mind goes sometimes. Sorry.

JamesC

Councils and architects like to put in hardy plants around their buildings that add a bit of greenery but are also covered it thorns and are all knotty which discourages the public from cutting through and creating their own shortcuts.
I understand the logic to some extent but why do they always pick plants that stink like cat piss?

Jim_Campbell

When you find out that the artist on a dream lettering gig you didn't get didn't even know you'd pitched for it, otherwise he'd have lobbied for you. On the same day you ask to be considered for a brilliant project by $MASSIVENAMEWRITER on the grounds that you're already doing one of his books, only to be told that the artist has already lined up $COMPLETEFUCKINGHACK who, to add insult to injury, is currently sporting a lettering style they basically cribbed off you.

Bah.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JamesC

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 30 June, 2015, 09:17:07 PM
When you find out that the artist on a dream lettering gig you didn't get didn't even know you'd pitched for it, otherwise he'd have lobbied for you. On the same day you ask to be considered for a brilliant project by $MASSIVENAMEWRITER on the grounds that you're already doing one of his books, only to be told that the artist has already lined up $COMPLETEFUCKINGHACK who, to add insult to injury, is currently sporting a lettering style they basically cribbed off you.

Bah.

Jim

My work philosophy is to be as useful, professional and honest as possible.
The odd shitehawk or chancer will always piss on your chips or try to discredit you but I think quality and integrity will out in the end.

Grugz

after a year on long term sick and a back injury I am now an xxl shirt  :(

lettuce buttys beckon
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

The Legendary Shark

Today is my birthday - my second without a home. Up at 01:30 hrs, chilly and, due to a transport SNAFU, a fifty minute walk to work beckons. Happy birthday to me! 49 and still a fuck-up.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JamesC

Happy Birthday! Hope it's getting better as it goes on.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Grugz on 04 July, 2015, 07:12:11 PM
after a year on long term sick and a back injury I am now an xxl shirt  :(

At the risk of sounding like a commercial: Slimming World. I've lost 7lbs in a week. I haven't measured anything, calorie counted anything, and most days I've eaten as much food as I wanted. It's fairly low-fat, and low-sugar but, apart from bread, it's pretty generous about carbs. Fancy a fried breakfast? You can have as much bacon as you want, as long as it's lean and you grill it. Scramble the eggs. Baked beans. Grilled tomatoes. You can put as much of that on your plate as you want. Sausages and black pudding are both allowed but count towards your allowance of 'syns' for the day.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

ZenArcade

Good stuff Jim: Grugz says he's about to invest in a Belly Wheel, so he may get on this one. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

von Boom

Quote from: White Falcon on 05 July, 2015, 02:26:13 AM
Today is my birthday - my second without a home. Up at 01:30 hrs, chilly and, due to a transport SNAFU, a fifty minute walk to work beckons. Happy birthday to me! 49 and still a fuck-up.

Happy Birthday. Hope your day works out great in the end.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bolt-01

You should have an email from me that might help make your birthday more memorable.