Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

T'aint pleasant, DDD!

Hope the antibiotics do their thing without need for slicey-dicey.

Bolt-01

DDD- That is a nasty little infection, so make sure you don't skip a dose of antibiotic.

Dandontdare

Tjm86

<rant> Went for a burton while running this morning (see sports is bad for your health!).  Wife is convinced that it is broken but still able to walk (although somewhat painful) so not really sold.  Estyn in this week (the Welsh version of those fascists from OFSTED) so management are in full mental breakdown / let's blame everyone else mode and I'm in paperwork overload mode trying to dot i's, cross t's and cover my arse.  Next week they decided that they still want to do an internal faculty review as originally scheduled.  It really takes a special kind of ineptitude and ignorance to be a member of a school 'leadership' team. </rant>

[my apologies to anyone who is actually a member of a school leadership team, I'm sure there are some decent ones out there somewhere and one day I will actually meet one]

Grugz

after a week on clexane I am still showing an INR of 1.4 (I should be between 2 and 3) which is worrying... sooo, ive another week of the jabs (running out of belly that's not bruised) and a small incease in warfarin.bugger...
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

sheridan

Quote from: Tjm86 on 12 October, 2015, 07:02:57 PM
<rant> Went for a burton while running this morning (see sports is bad for your health!).  Wife is convinced that it is broken but still able to walk (although somewhat painful) so not really sold.

After extensive research I have surmised that when you went for a run either a) there was a fatality or b) you went for a beer en route.  Either way, hope your situation improves...

Tjm86

Quote from: sheridan on 12 October, 2015, 10:31:28 PM
<rant> Went for a burton while running this morning (see sports is bad for your health!).  Wife is convinced that it is broken but still able to walk (although somewhat painful) so not really sold.

After extensive research I have surmised that when you went for a run either a) there was a fatality or b) you went for a beer en route.  Either way, hope your situation improves...

c - tripped and fell.  Improving.  Swollen as hell but not painful any more.

TordelBack

Cor, I never knew that (the third one). I love the idea of RAF Coastal Command running a training programme from a tailor's shop. Also relieved a Burton's isn't synonymous with a Barclay's,which was my initial perplexed reaction.

Tjm86, hope the leg continues to improve.

And Grugz, bloody hell man, you are really getting put through the wringer. Keep at it, mate.

sheridan

Quote from: Tjm86 on 13 October, 2015, 05:50:57 AM

c - tripped and fell.  Improving.  Swollen as hell but not painful any more.

Ah, I had something similar in January - no running involved, but on the first Monday of the New Year and I fell badly on my leg (which has had a complex fracture previously).  I wasn't sure if it was broken - certainly felt like it, though I have plenty of prescribed heavy-duty painkillers around the house.  Tried to get to see my local GP but after a few days of not being able to get an appointment I ended up in A&E. 

Unfortunately there's not much I can do to avoid future problems like this, all it takes is one person not looking where they're going (of which there are plenty) knocking into me, my landing badly on the bad leg and it all starts up again. 

For me it took about two or three weeks for the swelling to go down (as I say, complex fracture) but hopefully you'll be back to running a little faster!

Old Tankie

I went arse over tit this morning, and that's just trying to walk from the kitchen to the living room!

Grugz

now what've we said about putting more water with it? tsk  ;)
hope you're allright tankie
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Old Tankie

I'm fine, thanks Mate, as it happens I do have a toddy last thing at night, maybe I need to cut back!

Satanist

My house is falling apart around us and is going to cost so much to fix that I'm considering doing a Reggie Perrin.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

NapalmKev

Quote from: Satanist on 15 October, 2015, 12:44:21 PM
My house is falling apart around us and is going to cost so much to fix that I'm considering doing a Reggie Perrin.

I wouldn't bother starring in a sitcom, you're better off doing a runner ;)

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"