Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richerthanyou

I'm unemployed! Yay!

In all seriousness I start my new like as a student next week. I still have no confirmed housing. And luckily for me, for the last time possibly ever I am drunk.

Who will survive and what will be left of them? Wait, wasn't that the tag line to Texas Chainsaw Massacre? I believe it was. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway. I'm sure that everything will work out fine. I've survived for this long. Do I understand this thing called life? No way. Do I expect to work it out eventually? Perhaps.

Anyway, time for some more drink to get me through the evening. To those who like me, thank you for listening. For those who don't, maybe one day you will.

Peace
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

JayzusB.Christ

Best of luck with your studies. (I kind of see an analogy with the elaborate scenario you posted in the Creative Common section.)

Have to ask though, didn't you tell us a few weeks ago you were drunk for the last time ever?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Maybe it's the same drunk and he hasn't sobered up yet...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 19 February, 2016, 11:28:06 AM
... didn't you tell us a few weeks ago you were drunk for the last time ever?

Indeed! And no-one has ever made such an erroneous claim before. Certainly not I.

richerthanyou

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 19 February, 2016, 11:28:06 AM
Have to ask though, didn't you tell us a few weeks ago you were drunk for the last time ever?

This might sound a little mad, but I didn't actually plan on getting drunk. Rather all the people I know from and through work insisted on buying me drinks, and (un)fortunately for me I seem to be quite the popular guy in these parts. The drinks kept coming, I kept saying no I have to go soon. And somehow I ended up quite drunk, back home and posting some strange stuff here on the boards!

If you had read the small print on the last time I was drunk (which didn't exist until exactly right this very moment) it would have said this is the last time ever being drunk *on my own money

And since last nights shenanigans cost me all of $0.00 (even getting home was free) I saw an opportunity and I took it.

And now, since I'm a poor student, and all of my new friends in my new city will all be poor students, the chances of other people getting me drunk is exactly nil. Which is why I can safely say that last night was the last time I will ever be drunk again (until the next time)

And now to pack all of my things. While hung over.

Great.

(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

Something Fishy

As of Monday I will also be unemployed and my career in computing will have ended.

Thankfully I do have somewhere to live.  Going to take a career break and then look to the future.

For now though a beer seems a good idea.

Something Fishy

Remiss of me.. I totally forgot to say good luck Richer!

TordelBack

All the best for the future, Fishy.  Hell of a big life change to cope with, but I'm sure you'll meet the challenge.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Something Fishy

Thank you Tordels and the Shark, I appreciate it  :)

von Boom

Hope everything works out for both of you richer and Fishy(er).

M.I.K.

Tordels & The Shark sounds like an American telly programme from the 1980s about a pair of comically mismatched private investigators with wildly differing methods, forced to work together, initially due to reasons outwith their control, but they grudgingly develop a mutual respect for each other over the course of the series, which is probably set in San Francisco.

..and good luck, whoever needs it.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Aw no Chief,  don't partner me with the Shark! Everyone knows he's a loose cannon who plays by his own rules, and I'm only 30 years away from retirement.

The Legendary Shark

Yeah, Chief - only partners I need are my cool car, my big gun and my mysterious inner torment.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]