Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richerthanyou

Situation Update

So I moved. And the place I moved to was perfect. Then the girl at the flat started freaking out and all of a sudden she doesn't want a flatmate any more. (do I really look that scary?)

luckily no money changed hands or anything. So now I'm at a friends place while they are house sitting elsewhere. Which is going to end in a few days and then I need somewhere to live.

On the plus side I've got unlimited internet here. Which is good. And it's not costing me anything to stay here unlike a hotel would. So I appreciate that. It's always good to have friends you can rely on when you need it.

Suffice to say I didn't sleep much last night. I have no car. A car loads worth of things. And I start school this week. At least my life can't get any worse right now?
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

Something Fishy

Darn it, good luck with it richer.  Hope you get sorted soon.

Banners

Quote from: richerthanyouSo I moved. And the place I moved to was perfect. Then the girl at the flat started freaking out and all of a sudden she doesn't want a flatmate any more. (do I really look that scary?)

I expect she'd just taken a quick look inside your copy of the latest Megazine.

The Legendary Shark

Chin up, Richer. Something will turn up if you put a little effort in. It's funny how things work out and, in my experience, the trick is to just keep rolling with it.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Bummer RTY, but I'm sure you'll find somewhere before the goodwill of friends runs out.  What type of schoolin' is it that it starts in late February, if I'm not being too intrusive?

Mardroid

If it teaches ABE courses it might. The college where I work has a term starting this Monday.Why? Because the ABE December exam results only came out on Tuesday and we needed them to know where to place the students!

staticgirl

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 21 February, 2016, 05:14:09 AMYou can read Adolph Ringpull's full musings on the show's fan website here.

Missed a chance to rickroll us there...

I am giggling at work and my cow-orker has asked me what I am reading. It is quite hard to describe. They liked the made up union name though because of where we work. They thought it was quite a realistic sounding union name.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

richerthanyou

Situation Update #2

I am still living in the same place. My friend is back from house sitting so I have been demoted to the floor. Luckily I've been out all week so I've not been getting in the way. The weekend could be different though. My biggest problem about living this far from Uni is the 2 hour commute every morning. And the cost of that trip.

At some point my friend is going to get sick of me. I tidied the house up today and hoovered and stuff, did the washing up etc. Lets hope that buys me a few more days :)

On a positive note, uni starts on Monday. So maybe someone can help me find a flat from there. Who knows.

RTY out :)
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

Dandontdare

yeah, network like mad when you get there - there will be lots of people in the same boat at the start of term, or people who've been there in the past, so just ask everyone you meet how they sorted accommodation - they may suggest things you hadn't considered or been aware of.

I, Cosh

I just had to open a tin of tomatoes with a hammer. You can imagine the results.

Now it seems that I've also rubbed chili into my septum. Home cooking is a minefield.
We never really die.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: richerthanyou on 26 February, 2016, 08:00:24 PM
Situation Update #2

I am still living in the same place. My friend is back from house sitting so I have been demoted to the floor. Luckily I've been out all week so I've not been getting in the way. The weekend could be different though. My biggest problem about living this far from Uni is the 2 hour commute every morning. And the cost of that trip.

At some point my friend is going to get sick of me. I tidied the house up today and hoovered and stuff, did the washing up etc. Lets hope that buys me a few more days :)

On a positive note, uni starts on Monday. So maybe someone can help me find a flat from there. Who knows.

RTY out :)

I was in your position last year for about 4 months, going from sofa to spare room to sofa and generally getting on peope's tits.  It got really, really tough after a while.  I hope it goes better for you.

My scooter which I bought about 6 weeks ago (you may remember me falling off it on this very thread) died on the way to work.  The mechanic says he can't find the problem.  I loved it and I'm gutted.  Second scooter to go tits up this year, and we're not even two months in.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Satanist

I was at a works night out on Friday and when I turned up this morning one of the ladies apologised profusely for her behaviour towards me except I was so gassed myself I don't know what she did. Probably for the best.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Satanist on 29 February, 2016, 03:37:05 PM
I was at a works night out on Friday and when I turned up this morning one of the ladies apologised profusely for her behaviour towards me except I was so gassed myself I don't know what she did. Probably for the best.
Heh, this happens to me all the time. Or i'm the one apologising.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 29 February, 2016, 06:46:41 PM
Quote from: Satanist on 29 February, 2016, 03:37:05 PM
Heh, this happens to me all the time. Or i'm the one apologising.

I got two such apologies from the office's Christmas do last year.

One was from a lovely girl who sent a mass text asking if anyone had seen her phone. (And then got confused when, pantomine like, she got many replies saying "in your hand")
Lock up your spoons!