Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 15 March, 2016, 02:43:41 PM
Might change soon, though, as Ebay and Gumtree have been taken over by a Yorkshire firm. The two will be amalgamated and rebranded as Ebaygum...

Dear grud man, how do you sleep at night.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tjm86

Banners, I'm with Cosh and Tordels on this.  Although I will always glance at feedback from anyone with less than 100% positive, I always check the comments and dialogue that goes with it.  If the seller has been mardy about the feedback then I tend to shy away.  If it the comments are along the line of 'well, tried to sort it out but the buyer were having nowt of it' type then it is pretty clear who is at fault.  If a buyer is going to be put off by the muppetry of this type of seller then do you really want their business?  (okay, yes to their money!)

Banners

Thanks, fellas. I guess I have been overreacting, but it's just a kind of mixture of anger (at first), befuddlement and sheer curiosity ie. how could anyone behave like that? But the consensus above is right—if I see one isolated piece of negative feedback when I buy stuff, it's pretty obvious that that buyer has been in the wrong, and not the seller. Deep breath, move on...

Grugz

mum in law fell and fractured her shoulder and gashed her head so the wifes having to go down to her every day added to that my daughter had a day I  hospital last week due to showing the signs for meningitis minus the rash,thankfully she got an all clear and they are putting it down to a virus still,10 hours in two hospitals aint fun!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Taryn Tailz

Been lurking in the board for the most part in the last year, but feel I may need to stop viewing the forum, as a certain forum members recent posts have triggered me and my recent experiences. :( I probably can't go into it in any more detail.

Banners

Quote from: BannersDeep breath, move on...

...although pretty difficult to do now the buyer has left more untruthful follow-up feedback (which I have no ability to respond to) and reported me for harassment. ~sigh~

The Legendary Shark

I wouldn't worry about it. She's obviously to be pitied. As others have said, one nutter isn't going to ruin you. Most people who shop on Ebay know about these shopping troll-ies and a quick inspection of her private feedback thingummy should convince them what's going on. These people were put on Earth to be risen above.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

COMMANDO FORCES

The Shark was a mere 14 miles away from my house yesterday, as he was delivering to my work place and I couldn't get over to see him, as I was waiting for Sam to be dropped off from school and making the tea.
So near, yet so far my dear Sharky :'(

The Legendary Shark

Some people might say you dodged a bullet, there ;-)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tjm86

Quote from: Tim Tailz on 15 March, 2016, 07:31:32 PM
Been lurking in the board for the most part in the last year, but feel I may need to stop viewing the forum, as a certain forum members recent posts have triggered me and my recent experiences. :( I probably can't go into it in any more detail.

Get yourself over to the Black Dog thread fella.  Plenty of support there.  No details necessary.  Lot of folks hereabouts have been in similar places and are always ready to lend a supportive keyboard.

Banners

(Sorry to go on about this – I know I'm a bore – but just one final comment to put on record that, as predicted, the dispute was found in the buyer's favour despite them not contributing to the case in the 'Resolution Centre' and all the evidence to the contrary).

Steve Green

Grugz

happened to me recently,sold a tablet,(cheapish binatone one) and forgot tp do recorded...she claimed she didn't get it despite several other feedbacks suggesting she did this a lot and claimed.ebay found in her favour of course and I as a seller cant leave neg feedback.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

ThryllSeekyr

Not sure if this is thread related, but I was wondering when it would be Saint Patrick's Day and found that it was today

On my way to celebration 

Even though, all official parades and stuff like that have already been done earlier this week. Well, that's what it says.