Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

Quote from: Banners on 17 March, 2016, 09:06:31 AM
(Sorry to go on about this – I know I'm a bore – but just one final comment to put on record that, as predicted, the dispute was found in the buyer's favour despite them not contributing to the case in the 'Resolution Centre' and all the evidence to the contrary).

This was the reason I stopped using eBay - they encourage this type of scam because they get a cut from the transactions.  I'd make sure your bank is under instruction not to allow any transfer of funds to eBay if you decide to stop using them.

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: Tjm86 on 17 March, 2016, 05:43:37 AM
Quote from: Tim Tailz on 15 March, 2016, 07:31:32 PM
Been lurking in the board for the most part in the last year, but feel I may need to stop viewing the forum, as a certain forum members recent posts have triggered me and my recent experiences. :( I probably can't go into it in any more detail.

Get yourself over to the Black Dog thread fella.  Plenty of support there.  No details necessary.  Lot of folks hereabouts have been in similar places and are always ready to lend a supportive keyboard.

Thank you. :)

The Legendary Shark

There's a bitch on heat in one of the caravans on the site and it's driving my dog crazy. I have a folded towel against the gap chasm under the door rattle bung, acting as a makeshift draught excluder hurricane filter, but he keeps dragging this aside with his paw and standing with his nose squeezed into the gap, whining like a badly maintained wheelbarrow. It's driving us both daft.

Work is exceedingly thin on the ground consisting of the occasional three hour job to Rochdale, where the staff at the Asda CDC I deliver to have all the warmth, charm and enthusiasm as a sack of wet cats in a 'fridge, and back to base - where my boss looms like an unpredictable volcano filled with cheap Korean atom bombs and flowers. When he erupts, you never know what he's going to spew out. The other type of job, as happened on Wednesday, is a 'phone call from the Heart of Panic which tips me out of bed and sends me hurtling towards some far-flung corner of the country without any breakfast or even a cup of coffee. Then there's nothing for days and days and days on end and I sit here in my hut waiting for the 'phone to ring, reading, trying to write and listening to my quivering, sex-obsessed dog squeaking and trying not to go insane.

I've also lost my Bluetooth headset and a carrier bag full of underpants.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

Hhhhermmm...now I might have been out of the loop a bit but when did Arrow Video stop putting booklets in their standard releases?

I, Cosh

You get most standard British TV channels on cable over here, but some programmes are subject to regional variations and licencing restrictions. So you get a blank screen when you turn over to a live Champions League match or the 6:30 regional news slot on BBC1.

Pretty irritated to get back home after a couple of pints to find the first in Film 4's season of kung-fu classics - Boxer from Shantung - is blocked. I'll be moderately angry if this means I'm going to miss The Invincible Pole Fighters again.
We never really die.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 18 March, 2016, 03:12:31 PM
Hhhhermmm...now I might have been out of the loop a bit but when did Arrow Video stop putting booklets in their standard releases?

What release are you referring to?

Banners

Quote from: The Legendary SharkI've also lost my Bluetooth headset and a carrier bag full of underpants.

Losing a carrier bag full of underpants shouldn't happen to anyone. We must all send a spare pair so you don't go without... ;-)

The Legendary Shark

The errant underpants have since been rediscovered - in the boot of a friend's car... Thanks for the offer, though! (I think.)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

On doctor's orders, my weekend breakfasts have gone from this ...

to this ...

and my dinner one night last week was ...

I am so hungry!  :(

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 19 March, 2016, 09:25:48 AM
The errant underpants have since been rediscovered - in the boot of a friend's car...

La vida loca indeed!  seamless segue Hope the randy dog situation has eased too.

SuperSurfer

Lot of goodness in it, but I wonder what the sugar content of that bowl of muesli is.

Some cereals should be classified as dessert. I stick to Shredded Wheat but end up pouring honey on for flavour.

Minus the bacon, is a full English breakfast that unhealthy? Depending on how it's cooked of course.

Tjm86

Quote from: Dandontdare on 20 March, 2016, 03:43:38 PM
On doctor's orders, my weekend breakfasts have gone from this ...

to this ...

Bloody hell.  Your doctor ordered you to cut down on thrill power too?  No wonder you're struggling!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Tjm86 on 20 March, 2016, 06:47:35 PM
Bloody hell.  Your doctor ordered you to cut down on thrill power too?  No wonder you're struggling!

:lol:
@jamesfeistdraws

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 20 March, 2016, 06:23:24 PM
Minus the bacon, is a full English breakfast that unhealthy? Depending on how it's cooked of course.

Grilled lean bacon, grilled tomatoes and scrambled eggs are a completely Slimming World-approved breakfast (as long as you do the eggs in the microwave, which means you can avoid adding butter). Pretty sure the beans would be OK if you got the reduced sugar ones, and you can wrap mushrooms in foil and grill them with a little Fry-Lite for a perfectly acceptable low-fat version.

Not saying any of that would pass muster on DDD's new dietary regimen, mind you!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dandontdare

A full English without bacon? Scrambled eggs without butter?  :o

Are you people insane?